Buff Mandrake
So just a slight idea, but could Mandrake get a needed buff? The only thing really needed changed is to make them have a homing rather than a skill shot. Maybe let them last like five seconds longer. Or hell maybe just make them GCDE. 

On the topic of making things GCDE could deadly bloom be made GCDE as well? 

Also could we please stack a summon egg with vines. No reason not to allow this from an IC perspective. You telling me I can't fight in combat with a wolf and vines out at the same time?
[Image: Ey453TpXMAEvpOq?format=jpg&name=large]
I don't think nature needs any more buffs
(04-16-2021, 04:52 PM)europeanSavior Wrote: I don't think nature needs any more buffs

I agree that nature is a strong tree but the two spells I mention are honestly like the two weakest (besides the one used to make gardens grow) and are both intermediates. If anything Ygg should be an intermediate rather than deadly bloom. The two spells need something done to make them a bit more worth the title of an intermediate spell.
[Image: Ey453TpXMAEvpOq?format=jpg&name=large]
Ask any nature magi who tried out mandrakes, and they'll tell you that they aren't any good.
Not worth it even as a basic, and especially not as the intermediate they are now.

The spell may be GCDE, but you root yourself while you cast making you open to an attack.
The mandrake is a slow moving unit without a dash attack and thus seldomly hits. when it, it only does absymal damage (Around 400 at best, probably a bit less).
While it does have a ranged attack, it is a linear shot that doesn't do much beyond dealing the same similar absymal damage. 
Morever, the mandrake doesn't actually take the enemy position into account before shooting from what I've seen. Instead, it shoots periodically, even if the enemy is no where in the line of fire.

You can set up to three mandrakes, but it takes valuable time before you can have all three at onces, and even if you do? The summons are temporary, making you need to keep summoning if you want to refresh the duration of each mandrake's stay, one at a time.

I'm not sure that changing numbers would help it much as well. I suspect this is the type of skill that'll might require its own rework/tweak in how it works, and then balance the numbers around that

Some possible suggestions at the top of my head:
1) Make it summon all mandrakes at once at the cost of being GCD, and a much higher CD.
2) Make the ranged attack they shoot a homing one. Damage can be tweaked as needed afterwards.

As for deadly bloom, though?
The spell should remain gcd. It is a great spell for a camp setup, which is what nature can excel at. It leaves a flower on the board as a temporary hazard for the enemy to be wary of that deals enough damage in a 3x3 AoE area around it to ward off those who know about it, and has homing damage that gives brief slows (Though to clarify, without the range to go from one edge of the map to the other)

It is a good setup spell, with the drawback of leaving you open to a counter attack while you are in GCD. It is an intended flaw as far as I am concerned.

P.S: About fighting with pet eggs? That's a no too, simply because you normally shouldn't fight with the pet egg. It is meant for decorative/roleplay use by having an IC pet, less so for active combat.
fuck nature

all my homies say fuck nature
Leave deadly blooms alone ffs
[Image: Home.png]

This is how I feel reading every thread this man posts.
Topic Options