Arachne Race Reboot Idea.
Arachne
LORE:

The Arachne are a race from the Terraheim realm.

(Excerpt over Terraheim from the Wiki)
Quote:Terraheim Land of Mountain
Terraheim is a neutral, craggy realm that borders both Infraheim and Uraheim, giving balance to each by acting as a border with hundreds of stoney worlds. It is the land of elemental earth, the stability that grants form and resists the movement of air and the acceleration of lightning, while preventing the boiling realm of Infraheim and the icy realm of Uraheim from crossing into one another.

This land is a temperate balance of the forces, the endless rock containing minerals such as soul steel, which is said to help keep the Spirit Realm itself stable.

The spirits here of those of balance and compromise. To take something requires something else to be given in its place.

The Arachne being made from the Primordial being Lambda. The job of the Arachne's is to help keep the spirit realm together. Weaving under the earth with metal webbings. This helps keep the Terraheim realm together to separate Infraheim and Uraheim. After many visits over the past thousand years in Eternia cracks and rifts between realms had begun to tear open. Causing creatures from the other realms to slip in. 

One of those races being that of the Arachne. Lambda sending them to try and patch the cracks between realms.   After finishing their job of patching the cracks the arachne would slip underground. Burrowing like they did in Terraheim. Over the years the Arachne would change and become more intelligent and more human like in qualities compared to what would be the extinct distant cousins in Valmasia that lacked intelligence and were no more than wild animals. 

Arachne are known as some of the best metal workers when it comes to blacksmithing using their webbing and toxins to melt and shape metal. The males knowing how to weave metal the best to make the finest quality armor. The women being more like scholars. If one was to visit an Arachne town they would be astonished by the quality of their homes and the feats they have done. The architecture being beautiful (like how spiders weave beautiful webs).  The arachne do have one part of them that makes them falter. The need to eat meat, their favorite being human meat (however, they do not need to eat it to live). 

While the Arachne have no desire to return home after years of evolution since when they first came to Eternia. If an Arachne was to fight a Terraheim arrachne they would not have the strength to beat them as the pressure under the earth of Terraheim is stronger than under the earths of Eternia. 

The Arachne themselves have specialty when it comes to metal magic, poison magic and armed combat.
When it comes to the webs they spin they are like that of metal. Even having the option to eat metal to affect the type of metal they can spin. 

From the day Arachne are hatched to the day the day they die they are taught to worship Lambda for the gifts they've been given because of him.

RACIAL Ideas
(These are all ideas. Not all have to be taken. Just one or two.)

Spinsters Web: An AoE that slows those that are inside. If they dash while in it they get more "tangled" slowing them more. (This could be the same size as the Mist AoE)

The Hoard: Shoots projectile that spawns spider-lings on contact with enemy. Bursts pustule of eggs from beneath their flesh. After hatching they shoot a venomous gas that slows them occasionally (This could act similarly to Mandrakes where they expire after a certain amount of time.)

Venomous bite: A poisonous bite that stuns the opponent and inflicts a low poison DoT. (This could have the same radius as shadow claw. Less damage and meant more for combos) 

Web Trail: A web trail on dash that has the same affect as Spinsters web that last 5 seconds. This is a passive.

Let them buy melee, poison, and metal spells at a cheaper cost. Or give them a racial that once they buy it they have access to poison and metal directly rather than attunements. 

Why I Want This

I know I'm gonna probably be one of the only people that thinks this race is a good idea. I just want to give a good idea on what this race could be rather than... whatever the hell those things were in E1. I decided to use some stuff from lore that hasn't been touched on much in the wiki. To add more to it all. I may have gotten one or two things wrong lore wise. I just want to show the potential for this all. 

Spiders in nature are beautiful creatures that spin webs that are gorgeous and eat insects that get trapped in their webs. They can be used to get rid of bugs in your house that you don't want. To me they are fascinating in real life... and to have seen them butchered in E1 as some fetish... makes my heart weep if I'm being honest. I want to see them do and become more than that. So I didn't take anything from the original E1 lore of them. I looked at the lore we have now and added to it. 

Sure is it dumb to say that over a thousand years ago there was cracks to the spirit realm all over the planet? Yeah. 
Does it make much sense? Probably not. 
Does it allow for the possibility to bring in more races in the future that could have been left over? Yeah. Snake people from Infraheim, Abominable Snow Men from Uraheim. Just cooler things to possibly be a thing. 

I wanted to take a serious shot at this all. The racial ideas don't have to be taken. None of the ideas I have stated have to be taken. I just wanted to show off potential stuff for a race that could be cool as fuck. Why? Because spiders are cooler than just being... a fetish.

(I would like to leave this unlocked. Honestly though I could see this getting flamed to all hell with people saying just play a spider mutant or just making it seem to be about something lewd. I'd like to ask if it starts to look like this post is going to be very bad to just lock it. I would like to see some good discussions over this all.)
[Image: Ey453TpXMAEvpOq?format=jpg&name=large]
no
...You know, when I said "oh he's going to pull up with 'ad monke' next" I wasn't expecting you were going to actually do that, but with spiders.

(edit: make a fucking mutant. roleplay as acarachdneuanfdsj. please. it's not that hard.)
ARACHNE RACE HYPE
i do not want to see spider-girl erp
it's not what it looks like
Have original ideas instead of trying to bring back races that were built for horny, by horny
Oni when?
Thank you for the idea, it will be considered.

(04-16-2021, 12:11 AM)Simple Wrote: Thank you for the idea, it will be considered.

thank you.

(04-16-2021, 12:08 AM)CuriosityaboutMyself Wrote: i do not want to see spider-girl erp

People will ERP and lewd anything. For the longest time cat people weren't in eternia cause the first time it happened they were lewded and had people saying Nya all the time.  Now they are back. 

Let's give the same treatment to Arachne and make Spider People actually cool and interesting than just a fetish.
[Image: Ey453TpXMAEvpOq?format=jpg&name=large]
i for one find spider mommies super hot and do want to see spider-girl erp and that is the sole reason for my upvote. anyone who supports this idea but says they do not feel the same way is lying
Topic Options
Thread Closed