Discord Bans
It's one thing to play as your own character's child after that prior character dies.

It's another entirely to pursue a grudge against the one who killed your last character, using the new one you just spawned in as to do so, with the thinly veiled guise of it being 'justified' since they killed their parent (THIS WAS YOU, THIS WAS YOUR CHARACTER!!!).
seiza alive
(04-23-2021, 08:36 PM)LiefDeltora Wrote: One thing is to RB into your kid.
Another is to make your kid have the same goals as your parent character as a means to "keep playing" that character.
Either way, Discord Bans is the theme.

Whoa whoa whoa

Amanita was EXTREMELY different from Carnivore. Very much almost a polar opposite. In no way was that the 'same character'. Amanita never once showed the same goals or characteristics of Carnivore - I mean, she literally served in the Order as a Knight.

Like if the two had existed at the same time, I'm pretty sure they'd have argued a lot. Even Amori noticed the difference between them, right up until the end.

I made Amanita for the purpose of giving the other Dryad player a sibling to interact with. Carnivore had four children, and yes, I played one of them to help keep the Dryad IC in and going. It had nothing to do with trying to play Carnivore again.

--------------------

Anyways, on the subject of discord bans, I do think they don't play very well, especially if the person's in an unbanned state. There are dozens of tools that can be used instead if there's any issues. It comes off as kind of petty to deny people access to change logs and announcements when they've already served time and made amends.

It's definitely possible to come up with another solution here. I'm not the only one affected by this. It probably wouldn't even be an issue, if we just updated patch notes on the forum properly. Like one day, we just stopped doing that. Why?

There's literally people who don't even use the Discord and have no idea about the changes until they get told, and it has nothing to do with bans/unbans and all that jazz. Discord shouldn't be a requirement to get important information.

This is the only video that plays in my head whenever I see these types of threads, to be honest.
(04-23-2021, 08:59 PM)Drive Wrote:

This is the only video that plays in my head whenever I see these types of threads, to be honest.

Bitch, what do you mean these types of threads?

Oh? The one that everyone has DERAILED? STOP, STOP, STOP. THIS ISN'T A KIRINAI BAN APPEAL
Topic Options