YuelsilvBan Appeal
Key: Yuel33, I lost the Original Key that got banned.

Ban Duration: 8 months

Date of Ban: June 2020

Reason Supplied: I bought a new computer and would like to play the game, but I am banned.

Summarize your side of the story, as well as why you think you should be unbanned: I made an off comment in the Admin Help over a distasteful joke and have been banned for about 8 months. I've learned my lesson and am ready to respectfully RP again. 
We're currently in the middle of reviewing this, and would like to ask you to PM me (here on the forum or via Discord Madsen#0001) your original key, or your IP, so that we can investigate the issue properly. Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Thank you Madsen. I hope the staff can forgive my behavior, I've decided to move on with the idea of antics in my roleplays. I hope everyone can welcome me back happily, I look forward to joining the community again.
After investigating a bit further, and taking a look at an older Ban Appeal (https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/s...p?tid=3017), a verdict has been reached.

We in general do not consider the infrequent distasteful jokes and inappropriate/unserious comments to be worth a permanent exclusion from the game, especially since people change over time, however in your case it appeared to be a tad more than just infrequent comments. The vast majority of your RPs included references to either directly farting or the smell thereof, and more often than not had an emphasis on the farts instead of anything relevant to the scene. And posting the same Backstory Roleplay over and over is not okay either.

Normally a second chance to prove you've changed would be given, however with an unserious appeal that doesn't even address the original ban reason, we cannot in good faith believe that you've learned your lesson. As a result of this, the ban will remain permanent.

Personally, I do however want to encourage you to try again in a month or two with a more proper appeal (Take a look at some of the others that were approved)- I do think you've learned your lesson, but you have to take it seriously.
Thank you Madsen. I am sorry for not refrencing the distasteful jokes. I wanted to keep the matter private, I hope you can forgive me. I appreciate the look into my ban. I was taking some medicine that disagreed with my mood, and I embarrassed myself. Do you think I should repost in the ban appeal?
(03-21-2021, 10:58 PM)Yuelsilv Wrote: Thank you Madsen. I am sorry for not refrencing the distasteful jokes. I wanted to keep the matter private, I hope you can forgive me. I appreciate the look into my ban. I was taking some medicine that disagreed with my mood, and I embarrassed myself. Do you think I should repost in the ban appeal?

I would always suggest creating a new ban appeal thread, and linking your old ones in the new one.

I can understand being embarrassed about the past, but just remember that acknowledging and improving one's own shortcomings can be just as cool as the shortcomings can be lame! Smile
Topic Options