KingNosehairLong Way From Home...
Some time shortly before Yuanzi Shaoshang's arrival to the Academy, a discussion was had far away in an unnamed city within the continent of Sheng. This discussion, was had by the young Drakanite's parents.

Quote:
Mother: He has no idea why we sent him away, you know? I feel awful letting you convince me this was for the best...
Father: I don't want to hear it. There's something wrong with him! He can't focus to save his fucking life!
Mother: You don't have to raise your voice, I know--
Father: You know what? We don't know anything! Nothing we've done has helped him his whole damn life! I thought maybe that fancy academy could fix him.
Mother: You're cruel! Why are you so obsessed on 'fixing' Yuanzi? He isn't some broken toy!
Father: He can't focus on anything, he's hyperactive running all over the place half the time if he isn't having mood swings, he's always fidgeting and forgetting things. He can't learn like this!
Mother: Well it isn't his fault! What is he supposed to do?
Father: There's nothing anyone can do! That's why I sent him away. Don't you get it!? Maybe that place can figure him out. He isn't going to have a good life here the way he is.
Mother: But he's bright, and talented, I don't know why you put him down so--
Father: He WAS bright, and talented. That's not what he is now. He thinks we sent him away to get him some dream education, and it's staying that way.
Mother: And if they don't?
Father: We'll deal with it then.

Blissfully unaware, the boy begins his studies at the academy. While he is under the impression that his studies are for the best of educations, it would appear that his parents have hopes that these 'issues' will be resolved.
Are these behaviours simply the boy's personality? Or are these symptoms of a deeper problem. Unfortunately, with no knowledge of the issue, Yuanzi does not actively seek any help. Maybe the residents of Esshar wont find his erratic behaviours all that strange. Maybe someone will notice. Only time will tell.

(bless u mod who moved this to the right board <3)
[Image: YoMUfum.png]
[Image: NUmXjRT.png]
Topic Options