Spell Balance Suggestions
Spell: Flux (Absorption Intermediate)

Suggestion: Go back to old Flux, add this as a basic (and still I'd see this as too awful for a basic)

Old Flux would swap the user's mana and their opponent's mana, being a spell that was optimal post set-up. It was a finisher ability that would OOM yourself once you managed (if able) to sufficiently sap your opponent.

Doing this would require several other trees.

I have occult, personally. I can black binding, aperture, drain their mana to SOME degree and then flux which would immediately grant them full mana back and punish me to where I need to regenerate now. Not to mention that Inverse Charge (absorption basic) heals you according to your MANA. Meaning I'm effectively destroying my heal ability which would be optimal if I was at full mana and used it.

Absorption builds are typically low CDR, and low crit rate. They have lower damage than most and win through attrition nearly.

[Image: image.png?ex=66072022&is=65f4ab22&hm=8d9...414309eb5&]
This is my CDR PRE-WEIGHT
These are my stats with aura and stance. Absorption and Dexterity.
My crit rate and CDR are not impressive.

The flux change should have been introduced as a new spell, a basic and old Flux should have been kept as an intermediate.

It could have been called 'Mana Charge' or something similar. Right now, this ruins build ingenuity and will just turn absorption users back into agi dumps with everyone else and almost certainly return (IMO) absorption builds back to just 'another tree.'

I'm probably missing something, but definitely not happy with this change.
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
Spell: Energy Shield (Occult variant)

Suggestion: Make it do ether damage as opposed to true damage. Don't let it go through DR!
[Image: image.png?ex=6547aa08&is=65353508&hm=f3a...54dc6db9e&]
(03-16-2024, 05:30 AM)ACuriousGrey Wrote: Spell: Energy Shield (Occult variant)

Suggestion: Make it do ether damage as opposed to true damage. Don't let it go through DR!

Make it so that if you invuln with this on, it's not dealing back the damage it normally would despite the user taking zero.

If you inflict zero, it should do zero. Counter intuitive otherwise.
[Image: edbae8adc4cdc657c7307971b838ad95.png]

if anyone asks i got banned for sending /messages to people
FLUX:

Hello, MA enjoyer here and here's the issues with flux:

1.It has a charge now while being low-ranged compared to other autohits, and this may not sound like an issue but it is because getting that close usually means taking a hit with it, which was fine when you were able to pop it and mana swap.

2.MA entirely breaks apart without it, and it loses everything that made it fun. You have moves that don't work together with one another with inverse being the only move that needs mana, but also a move that you're forced to grab and nothing else. Using an unused stat and turning it into a strength was one of the fun parts about MA. Now it's just, run agl and spam null ray while you waste rpl on the other moves for flavor.

3. The move just doesn't work. It does little damage, and it can't even land against a slowed target. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as their fingers are on a movement key it's going to miss.

Suggestion?
Return old flux, and make whatever the rework is into a separate move while letting it come out faster. 

As a MA user, I can speak for everyone and say that we don't enjoy OOM, and outside of null ray we don't think that we should get any silences, but we would all like more moves with interactions like flux where you're able to utilize the mana stat.
cauterize no longer crits, so its self-damage should probably be raised a bit
physical is very expensive which makes a lot of legacy builds far from affordable, while armed basics still feel quite lackluster
cleave in particular is very awkward with master stances that have garuda teleport: an adjustment to hit point blank would help
[Image: MYqnJtt.png]
Titan fist mana cost, 15 -> 10 
-been nerfed damage, stun duration, could waste less mana.
[Image: memorias.png?ex=6629925d&is=66171d5d&hm=...a226c91ce&]

A few simple suggestions:

Cauterize 5s to 4s
Summonings of the summon tree actually vanishing upon death, as well as any other summonings (Necromantic summonings, demon summonings, etc) actually vanish upon death to simulate that they are not there and add clutter to the rpb box.
Mighty blow's 6 range to 8 range (on the basis that its 40s now)
Prism Scattershot ignores summoning and focuses on players.
Piercing Ray ignores summonings and focuses on players.
Black mirage appears to be a cross-hitbox, and not a square hitbox. If it hits on corners, then the registration for it is very bad compared to cardinals. I don't think it makes much sense considering the visual for the spell, and it makes actually having the teleport do what it's supposed to pretty hard since most things someone would be in your face for can be done on corners as easily as cards. As a certified mirage addict, I think it should hit on corners as well, instead of just a cross.

Generally, I also think mirage's visual should be changed to only encompass tiles it's actually going to hit on. It's neat, but sometimes that gets confusing mid-verb.
Topic Options