quewyeEvent Recompense
(11-23-2020, 11:24 PM)Milly Wrote: Then perhaps leave a review on his DM thread, so others understand the issue you encountered.
If someone quits because an event doesn't get run (or they happen to be on events where a DM says they can't run it three times), I don't know what to say. I doubt it was the same DM every time. That'd be insane.

I certainly wish I could get events ran. :)

But anyway...
Why should there be a system in place to give you guys rewards when you... Didn't... Do anything?
If you didn't go on the event what exemplary writing are you being rewarded for? Your event topic?
This is a silly solution.

Just post on their review thread that they cancelled and move on. Find another DM.
Just because they picked up another event PROBABLY means they found more interest running that event and not your own.
There have been plenty of events where I ask players what they want and they give me a vague non-answer and it literally sucks all the motivation I had.

>What exemplary writing
I'm starting to you think you never fully read threads before replying. What I seem to have said is that every two years a group could co-write a short story posted in biographies and then linked in their journals with a potential request. Story would be reviewed to see if it's adequate.
You don't need to be condescending.
I initially read it on my phone so I missed a lot!

Anyway!

Bad idea.
Worse idea is to give people an item roll for doing nothing.

No thank you.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(11-23-2020, 11:31 PM)Milly Wrote: You don't need to be condescending.
I initially read it on my phone so I missed a lot!

Anyway!

Bad idea.
Worse idea is to give people an item roll for doing nothing.

No thank you.

Why exactly is it a bad idea? Your levels already come from writing. You can get punished in an event for poor writing.

So the game is based mostly on writing, but to reward people for effort in writing is a bad idea. Despite journals already being just that...?

So levels are okay to be writing based, journals and everything achieved through them (profession achievements, skills, unique artificing) that is also all okay to be writing based, but dev items--this is where I draw the line, bucko!
I, Avee, by the power vested in me by the State of Texas, hereby lock this thread.

Please lock this thread, it’s already devolved....
It's a bad idea because you're essentially suggesting being able to write in your own little bubble, not even IN game but on the forums, and be rewarded for it.
Journals are part of the writing, yes, but all of it is drawn in from the game itself.
Your logs? Are from in game logs. The events and experiences you describe in your journal? From the game itself.

I didn't say dev items were the line. I MEAN that just writing a short story for an item (or two) is mega ???. You're getting things without any risk whatsoever. That's the thing - there is no work there.
(11-23-2020, 11:37 PM)Milly Wrote: It's a bad idea because you're essentially suggesting being able to write in your own little bubble, not even IN game but on the forums, and be rewarded for it.
Journals are part of the writing, yes, but all of it is drawn in from the game itself.
Your logs? Are from in game logs. The events and experiences you describe in your journal? From the game itself.

I didn't say dev items were the line. I MEAN that just writing a short story for an item (or two) is mega ???. You're getting things without any risk whatsoever. That's the thing - there is no work there.

Uh. I added some stuff to my Journals that didn't happen. Fluff it up. My [UNIQUE] sword smithing RP was done in the form of a biography--it got approved.

I got my affinity mostly from solo-training roleplay. In-game, yes, but it wasn't with other characters. I could've just as well made it a biography for the same achievement. A lot is already done in a bubble, even if not a bubble of your own, a bubble of a small roleplay group.

I achieved all of these with minimal risk. But apparently since crafting my unique didn't involve fighting a dragon, making three rolls to see if I'm BBQ, all after negotiating the division of Israel with a GM it shouldn't have been given such. I mean, all I did was write.
excuses me, admins?
this is bullshit???????
I think thats enough. Locking this.
Topic Options
Thread Closed