ChancePatch 2.4 Suggestion Thread
(11-28-2020, 08:03 PM)Trenton Wrote: Give me STEAM magic. I want STEAM magic.

Steam Blast: three clouds of 5.5 spell damage, 14 second cooldown.
Steam Burst: More damage than flamethrower, applies a burn.
Boiler: Uses the Cloudburst sprite, it fires steam blast clouds a la sand barrier for 10 seconds (at a reduced rate ofc).
Vaporize (AURA): White time aura's cloud, 10% AP and water def. When you press Q you go into 'mist form' though it's only 80% DR while you get the same amount of damage as Smog. 60 second cooldown.
Steam Skurn: Spawns a skurn that can only fire steam blasts that do relatively low damage though at an equally low cooldown
Scald (INTERMEDIATE): Applies burn on your water spells for the next 6 seconds. 10% AP during.
Steam Dragon (MASTER): Like all steam spells, this is shamefully ripped from either fire or water magic. Rather than drag it applies a heavy burn DoT.

agreed but you can only get it from fire attunement, not water attunement.

joking aside this is actually all fine. burn isn't a horribly damage status, it's more useful than hurtful so the AP on scald (an intermediate) sounds fine.

a cooler master would be an AoE that functions like flood using the "hazy" sprite from WoD/phantom forest that heals the user lightly (1.5x RPL) while dealing damage and applying the burn status to enemies (which would slow them). give it a short duration so it isn't super oppressive and abusable. better than having a FOURTH beam master.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Mh. There's a not a lot of artificing things that you need after a certain point so:

Lower 'Pristine' from five years to maybe one or two. Add a beginner's repair kit that functions like rune scrolls but with repair. That or simply lower Pristine. Artificing right now has no real purpose after a certain while. Everyone has either a unique or Rare+ weapon. Shops become stagnant for that reason.

To add, maybe all runes should just expire after a certain point. Not sure if that's extra or not but artificing is very 'one and done' at this point. Perhaps your standard weapon and wearable runes expire after five years.
[Image: guintitus-1.png][Image: rykermatryona.png]
Bring back me Spiritmancy!

Weak Spirit (Opener): Similar to that of clone from Illusion
Strong spirit (Basic): Spirit that has more HP than the weaker variant
Mage Spirit (Basic): As weak as WS but applies a 3% DR to you when you're around them
Wolf Spirit (Basic): As weak as WS but applies a 3% AP to you when you're around it.
Spirit Bulwark(Intermediate): Uses the old Holy Ground Bulwark sprite and gives the user +15% DR while 'blocking' near it. Applies a (very) weak AoE around it. (.5x damage AoE ticks, no initial damage). Lasts 5 seconds. CD 23 seconds
Spirit Walker (Aura): 8% AP, 5% DR, +E that gives you a spirit shield that absorbs 5k damage (CD 45 Seconds)

Note: Can only summon 1 spirit at one point, they all do the same damage.
While spirit summoning is my favorite tree to rp and use in the game, it has always been way too expensive for what it does. It would need to be reworked a ton in order to be viable
Founder and only member of the epic hat club
Remember, if the plan makes you lose your hat, then it is a bad plan.
Loot box results in RP logs.
[Image: guintitus-1.png][Image: rykermatryona.png]
Make Energy Shroud's silence available to other select single hit Melee spells. The Unarmed tree's Jab and Axe kick should have the same chance as a normal Strike. For Armed, I'd say, only Dash Strike and Sweeping Cleave. Don't need Silence to proc on a Power Smash.
Jab: Buff?/ Balancing/ feature.
Suggestion: at the end of teleport, if its a certain range of enemy. exemple a 3x3 square , still do the 3 damage. (you can always dash when hear the sound of jab to avoid it.)
[Image: unknown.png]

I don't know if it is deliberate, the fact that the teleport of the jab takes away the damage in exchange for the teleport. 
Who tries use the jab for damage, like me, know how hard it is without a combo like axe jab, since a slight movement can avoid the jab (i tested into water monsters.)
one thing that I’ve always been envious of is the armed, is the fact that their dash always does damage if you get close enough. 

So yeah dont know if im talking bullshit but i envy that little constant damage.
[Image: memorias.png?ex=6629925d&is=66171d5d&hm=...a226c91ce&]

Topic Options