TheHopscotchBest DM, Hipster
Character: Cortado
Event: Trial by One Thousand Eyes

Responsiveness: 10x faster than the party. I think this shifty motherfucker was pretyping everything. Still, 10/10

Balance: Literally ordinary 1v1 RPBs. Can't get much fairer than that. We sucked ass, so we ate temps. 10/10

Storytelling: Got exactly what I was expecting out of it. Dev for everybody present, too, even the guy who was dubious about going on random events said he had a lot of fun and got very involved. DM wasn't too self-wanky despite the boss being one of his old characters. 10/10

Fairness: Reward wasn't THAT cool or interesting despite there only being one, and taking a temp for it. This is a minor gripe though, it was still good and the RP was the main reward I was looking for. 9/10

OVERALL - 9.75/10

other comments:

[Image: 06de0339f1.png]

[Image: 964fdbac67.jpg]
Key/Character: Fushichou / Violet Vartuul
Which Event: Trial by One Thousand Eyes

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very responsive with questions in LOOC and the actions of the players.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): It was a 1v1 fight that we each got to take a turn with. Very exciting stuff. I was weary due to typical Hipster EC balance, but this was way better. Good job.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): He referenced multiple characters from the first timeskip (i.e: Teodor, Ilysander, Sibylle). The callbacks and references I love because it pulls on established lore and history which I'm always a fan of. The fact Douma spoke about Sibylle while we fought made me sweat just a bit.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): It was fair, I think. A pretty neat dev item, for some temps? + Everyone got an item.

Overall: Cute event, very fun. Gave us goals to continue to pursue + dev

Any other comments: exchanging occult beams is what I live for honestly
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Key/Character: Ermir
Which Event: Trial by One Thousand Eyes

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): fast as fuck boi, felt dynamic based on response, pretty sure he'd start typing when the first post went through

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): very, had a set of cool 1v1s with posts in-between, didn't feel too skewed or one sided even when we all verbed like potato brained fools

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): exceeded my expectations, since i had none going in. very fun. 10/10

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): yeah

Overall: six eyes out of six

Any other comments: rock
Key/Character: Ariel D. Cirque
Which Event: [a ̴̟̀b̶̬̾r̸̬͝o̸̩̓t̵̞̋h̸̡̎e̵͓̓r̵̠̎ chained]
Responsiveness: 10/10. Very speedy!
Balance: 10/10. I walked at the final boss and died. I couldn't stop laughing after that.
Storytelling: 10/10. Sin magic!? Who doesn't enjoy that?! FAMILY!!!!
Fairness: 10/10. Haha, look at those injuries x3

Overall: 10/10. Never turn your back on family! Great event and I wasn't even INVITED!
Key/Character: Silvia orn Pelleaux
Which Event[a ̴̟̀b̶̬̾r̸̬͝o̸̩̓t̵̞̋h̸̡̎e̵͓̓r̵̠̎ chained]

Responsiveness: Narrations were posted expeditiously and ample time was given for everyone to reply!
Balance: All the fights were fun and each scene was uniquely interesting to interact with.
Storytelling: Really great; encyclopedic knowledge of the lore put to good use.
Fairness: Injuries and reward items were suitable for the risk level!

Overall: Very great! 10/10

Any other commentsAngel
Character: Remilia pyr Docro

Which Event: [a ̴̟̀b̶̬̾r̸̬͝o̸̩̓t̵̞̋h̸̡̎e̵͓̓r̵̠̎ chained]

Responsiveness: They took a long time and dragged things out. 6/10

Balance: Amazingly fun fights. Best versus EC battle yet. 10/10

Storytelling: A lot of deep lore which I felt out of touch with due to no knowledge as a new player, unable to get immersed as a result. This of course a me problem! It was a grand adventure regardless, even when I felt out of place towards the end. 10/10

Fairness: While I got rewarded with a dev item, some people (who were teleported last minute) didn’t get anything on a high CoD event, and the ending rewards were scarce compared to the party amount. 4/10

Overall: 7.5/10
Character: Andrial

Which Event: Alabastre

Responsiveness: It was good! 

Balance: I like the structure that the ECs have, but you need to work better at hiding how you control the flow of the battle. I liked the idea behind the runecaster... I didn't like how it lagged the server when you cutely overlaid like 10 sound aoes.

Storytelling: It was good. Some vague, hidden threat... about as much as could be expected for a very freeform dungeon and only a specific part.

Fairness: I did not appreciate having to choose between the item I wanted OOCly and the item I would go for ICly. I did appreciate the rolls to try and obtain the second item afterwards. Perhaps it was awkward since some players went afk, but ow, my heart...!

The rolls were intense and many non combat related, but it was to be expected of an Alabastre event with high steaks.

Extra: A DM both generous and merciless, capricious, and always shit talking in looc ... I can recommend.
Key/Character: Saria Rhade, Saria_Rhade
Which Event:  A trip into the Spirit Realm - Saria and friends.

Responsiveness : 10/10

Balance : 10/10

Storytelling: 1/10 No great purple bunny Sad Just joking, it was great!!! 10/10

Fairness: I think they were fair but 1 group member was a bit unhappy, so for myself 10/10 but for my group member, i can't say.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: I had lots of fun and would most certainly would ask Hopscotch/Hipster too DM again for me in the future. TY Hipster!
[Image: unknown2.png][Image: Love-Blade.webp]
Key/Character: Myrine
Which Event: Salve Regina

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quick with the responses and narrates. I felt that I didn't really have to wait that long for him to post a narrate. It kept the flow nicely.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The bosses/fights were hard, and the puzzle could have easily stumped people... Had I not watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story telling was precisely what I expected for the request I made. Meeting an angel was very cool for my IC as well. 
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Injuries were handed out. I was lucky enough to roll well (a 5 and a 4 I think?) to avoid one thankfully.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: I got stabbed through the chest by an angel who then pulled a sword out of me. very cool would do again.
Key/Character: UnDivine/Ranym
Which Event: Salve Regina

Responsiveness: 10/10, responses were quick and everyone felt included!
Balance: 10/10 The puzzle was simple yet tricky, and the battles were really tense. They had a perfect balance to really put me on the edge of my seat.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The narrations were full of fascinating details, and the story had me drawn right in. Descriptive without being overbearing.
Fairness: 10/10 It felt fair, I wasn't sure what to expect coming in as a slight outsider. But rewards felt both within the theme and surprisingly fitting. The risks were more terrifying in concept than actual payout. My heart DROPPED when I rolled a 1, thinking I was dead thanks to the buildup. It was a great moment that created tension without actual life loss.

Overall: 10/10. The ending was played in a way that acknowledged peoples stories and characters, and emphasis was put on character development more than items. The theme was thoroughly acknowledged with the placement of doubts and tests, and everything proved a deep awareness of the situation at all times from the DM.

Any other comments: Hipster has always had a knack for story from the Baruch days in E1. I'm happy to see how much more he's developed that skill into something I could never get enough of!
Topic Options