tiniestlittledotRyker pyr Docro - The Runt
[Image: fb62ef94bbff802a6d6a1b6d5a7599a5.png]
[Image: 5c19e4fa1aff03a00ae5f1bddf430467.png]

"Always keep your eye on the prize."
Quote:The youngest of the Docro siblings, Ryker at first appears to be the complete opposite of a member of his family. Of slender frame and a short size, one could label him appropriately as the runt of the family. But runt while he may be, his ambitions loom dangerously over his shoulder leaving his heritage without a doubt obvious.

A member within the Machine’s military might, Ryker does not let his duties to their homeland distract him from what he truly desires: the almighty coin. To that end, he’s the family’s resident alchemical expert, an inquisitive mind into everything that can enhance a magi’s physical and mental prowess to their utmost extremes. Yet, there are rumors that other alchemists who got on his bad side have just vanished. Certainly these are just rumors however, right?

Despite his name, and his family’s power backing him, the youngest Docro is generally polite to the extreme to those serving above him. Perhaps there’s a reason he’s so frequently seen eating candy: to stop his tongue from running when it shouldn’t. You don't wish to make him mad.

If you wish to arrange scenes, or even have back history feel free to DM me at tiniestlittledot#5793
[Image: atPS_0ywM4Y2uRX-hAqUrRW3SH6P0G6NyWk5mwrm...oMePyqbDo6]

“I just want to make them proud, you know?”

Sent to be looked after by his Uncle, the trio of siblings that were third generation Docro had no idea what the wide open world of Esshar would present to them. They were Barsburg born and raised, bred with the mindset of conquerors within their very genes.

Who would know it would come out to this?

Somewhere within the Docro’s manor, a thin journal lays dusty and not very well hidden. Perhaps it had been touched and purposefully left out for browsing. Perhaps it had been an accident. Regardless of such a fate…? The pages laid open. The handwriting is neat and proper, expected of anyone who went to prestigious academies within the Capital itself. Throughout the entries are photographs, some candid and others not so much, the subject was obvious however.

“Esshar seems super boring compared to the Capital, but here we are! I’m not sure what’s truly going to happen but all I care about is actually helping the family business. Money makes the world go round after all! At least, that’s what I always heard.

Maybe that’s wrong.
Maybe it’s gravity.
Oh well!

I got interviewed today by some girl in the square of Achyon! Which, let me tell you, it’s like some bumfuck backwater town. A little hick. But I guess it’s home now. Maybe I’ll be able to head back home soon!”

[Image: K5xQXPcjkWDkEQ6KDJMlMQ32LFBr5UsHqT8HryM6...nq3Eb6wTqE]
More pages can be flipped through, with that same precise and perfect handwriting, though it does offer the smallest bit of shake in it’s form.

“The guy who called me a loser a few days ago? Mercedes helped me track him down into the desert. He knew what was coming. I told him I’d stomp on his head and fill his mouth with sand and that’s precisely what I did!

No one calls a Docro a loser and gets away with it! Honestly? Telling people what I’m going to do to them before I do it is kind of exciting.

I’m out of breath. That was so EXCITING you have no idea!!!

Mercedes said the heat dried her skin out and you know what? I feel it. I feel peckish. For more excitement!”

[Image: bA_gKo-dBtDxAwliJ5bXGNS1giFZ7M1mp9xOpr9V...NkASJ9v5X1]

“I beat a bunch of people at a tournament today for the military. The Commander organized it, and it was held in the basement of the manor. It was supposed to be for promotions, so I gave it my all.

My first opponent? Super pretty. Kind of quiet though. Don’t know what her deal is honestly, but once I got to her brother in the finals? I decided to play with his head a little, just for fun. I told him if I beat him I’d take his sister out to dinner, and I meant Matryona.

Was I planning on actually doing it? Of course not! Who do I look like?! Settling down? Please. Only losers do that. Don’t tell my grandpa that, okay?

But I did it. I beat him! And what did I get?
A crummy position. The girl I beat first, Matryona? She got to become a whole Lieutenant! This isn’t fair.

So I’ll show them who they fucked over.”

[Image: VUhQmQ2lUV_bK0znCGn1UsSv4Sud_sq0vm6GnWkU...07mPVtL4pz]

“Wow. I thought I lost you, diary. It’s been years since I’ve written in you and well? Put my foot in my mouth I guess, I really did fucking settle down.

Matryona and I had that dinner.
I tried really hard to impress her. I don’t even know why - maybe it was the fact she seemed unattainable and you can’t just drop something in front of me and expect me not to chase after it when I desire it, you know? She did attack someone for me way back when, as we were getting to know each other.

She likes history, too. Her cooking is pretty crisp too. She hums when she does it. It’s soothing.

But we got married.
I didn’t ask her, as I had no desire to marry, or settle down with anyone. But she asked for it. She wanted to get married, and fuck man. Who was I to say no to such a thing?

It was supposed to be small but Uncle Luca insisted on it being big. We got so many gifts, it’s mind boggling. I really want to fill the tub with all the pudding we got, but she said no.

Since when did I bend so easily to a fucking woman?”

[Image: dmAUroOlyoaQABJ-24KLm6i7gT1uoZqtsYqGuc-i...-qLTFvVJhL]

“Whoops, lost you again! I really need to stop leaving you in random places around the manor. Someone like Ixcatzin or Wolfgang might find you. He’d never let me live it down if he read some of this shit. I can hear it already now in the back of my head! RICKY MY BOY WHAT IS THIS?! And all that jazz.

We tracked down Achlys. That Primordial. It was a lot harder than I expected, but we did it. We even talked to his daughter. Apparently he had ordered her to paint their family, but she felt as if she couldn’t quite get it just right. That’s cool. I wish I could paint.

But once we came face to face with Achlys himself? I felt as if we were over our heads, honestly. We were expected to kill a whole ass GOD?! Instead though he offered us power in exchange for signing our souls over.

There’s a belief in the family, you know? That if you want to accomplish something you shouldn’t be afraid to drop something equal in weight. Even if it’s your humanity. Your integrity. Grandpa sure did that. He’s totally my hero but don’t tell him that, again, okay? Only losers have heroes. So Uncle Luca and I agreed immediately.

Who cares about a little fucking soul anyway, right? Matryona agreed next, because she didn’t want to leave my side. Even in death. It was… Sweet, in a strangely morbid way.

The only one who didn’t sign was Bruno, and Anastasia. They probably had the same idea as Matryona. To stay by each other’s side even in death. Having to serve a Primordial down in Hel in death does seem kind of shitty, huh?”

[Image: cV0yXXbMa2rGQRUk85oEFE0rx9HuZS6n0daQKLJe...BBOJtUDFcZ]

“He fucking killed her.

He was going to shoot her through the chest, and I ran in to save her. Like some knight in shining armor. I was going to rescue my wife. AND I FAILED. I FUCKED UP. What’s the USE of all this power? All this strength?

If I can’t protect the single person I’ve ever loved in my life? That I decided to settle down for? That I’d give up the entire fucking world just to see her happy?!

She’s gone. Just like that, with a crack of thunder Matryona is gone and I don’t think I can keep doing this alone. I’m expected to lead Achyon but how can I lead anything when I can’t even save her?

All I know… I'm going to kill him.
I’m going to make his life a living fucking Hel, just like I said.
I’ll curse him.

Somehow. Someway. Even if I have to ask Jianyu in the woods to help me out, I’ll fucking do it.

He fucked me over?
I’ll fuck him over just as bad.”

[Image: ircDjovKthwZKB-skpzo3AlJur1X_kp6Cc54LQXi...9U8brp5fbu]
The words on the last page are more shaky, and less influenced by the prestigious academies of Barsburg itself.
It can hardly be understood.

“You can rest easy, Matryona.

I did it.”
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: t6OYouR9xRI896Il4poSPk5AuExt8i2MCo_prHKo...NAESvt9znt]

“Why’d you do it?” they keep asking.
They don’t get it and they never will.

Glade and Amelia’s work on that whisper in my mind did wonders but
it was always there, in the back of it. It never left.
It haunted me in my waking moments.
It haunted me in my nightmares.
It haunted me in my dreams.

So I did everything in my power to see it come to life.
I crossed through unknown depths to pave the way for others
to enter Alabastre’s secret depths.
I nearly drowned for my goal
I protected my daughter and took the hit for her instead.
I watched her die in the name of progress.

But I completed the recipe and I
got my hands on the flower needed
I drank it and I felt youth return to me.

But it wasn’t enough.
They don’t get it.
Never will.

I’ve seen things ordinary men have only dreamed of.
I’ve seen a world created entirely on it’s own.
I’ve seen figments of the past and fought them.
How many can say they’ve fought against
a Demi-Angel?
A Primordial?
And lived?

Hopefully more, soon.
For I still have faith in humanity as a whole
to surpass that which came before.
That’s how life goes, right?

I did it so I wouldn’t have to listen
to those whispers.
So I could watch over not just
them -