TrentonStealing Rules
Quote:You can choose to rob your target, and they must give you all of their coins should they lose. This cannot be higher than a danger cap 0, as your intention is to relieve them of their worth rather than capture them. You must state this clearly when choosing the settings. If the target requests a higher cap roll in addition, that's permitted. Alternatively, you can choose an item from their inventory (a stack of ores, for example).

This is the official 'stealing' rule in game, and it should be revamped now that we have an actual Thieving mechanic. It completely invalidates the point of the spell, and should probably be re-written.

I'd also like to suggest that there be a new addition; you should not be allowed to chainverb steal something from someone, unless for some reason, it is happening in your inventory or it is the vice versa where you are intervening on a robbery in your own settlement. 

Repetition, especially ones that involve RPB are rather ridiculous. I won't name names or anything but recently I was jumped for mob-drops I spent 4 hours trying to acquire when three players rolled up on me. This place is not their territory, and not my territory, though it's only a screen away from my own, but they decided to rob me!

I beat the first person, the other two stayed back because they very clearly RP'd knowing that I was weak and that I wouldn't have beaten either of them. They then sent another. If I'd won there, they would have sent the other, because I was double pursued for having abysmally low agility. So not only have I beaten the first person trying to rob me, the second one, who roleplayed and knows OOCly that I am probably not strong enough to win from watching the first fight, though irrelevant to the IC itself, is advancing .. with the second person in tow. Is it fair for someone to be ganged up on in any situation besides being in an enemy's settlement for the purposes of 'infinite intervenes' to steal ... mob-spawned items? Anything, really?

A suggestion for a re-do on this rule, for now:

Quote:You can choose to rob your target, and they must give you all of their coins should they lose. If you are trying to steal items from a player, one person involved in the scene may RPB them for their item(s This cannot be higher than a danger cap 0, as your intention is to relieve them of their worth rather than capture them. You must state this clearly when choosing the settings. If the target requests a higher cap roll in addition, that's permitted. Alternatively, you can choose an item from their inventory (a stack of ores, for example). If you are stealing a stack of items from a player, you can only steal up to 20% of what they have earned, barring stacks of ore, which can be stolen completely. Coins may be stolen from a player by using the Thief magic stance, or by capturing them.

If your first attempt fails, everyone else in the scene should be completely barred from it unless it's something consensual between players. I was not happy when they sent someone who dumpstered me after I defended myself from the first attacker to try and take.. even more, of what I spent actual hours farming.

There is a vast time difference comparing mob spawned items and ore spawns. An entire ore cave can be farmed within a span of 3-5 minutes to give a yield of 40+ pieces of ore while getting 40+ of anything from mobs can easily take half an hour or more .. and it's demotivating for something like this to invalidate actual hours of work compared to if you had your ore jacked for walking through the Silverwall Mine for literally seven minutes.

Maybe it's just one of those weird cases of OOC/IC divide. Item farming from mobs takes a lot longer than it takes to farm ore, and while ore is just as valuable to part with, it does not take as long as it does to get a high amount of mob-dropped items.

That is all. Have a good night.

as a side-note thank you to the people involved regardless for offering me a restrained for an unwinnable fight <3
This rule should also have an addendum: You cannot steal unique items unless both players agree or if judged acceptable for sufficient reasons by an admin.

This goes in line with the whole no more breaking in and stealing all of people's dev items change.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
hmm. shouldn't you be allowed to leave when you lose the first time? i thought that's what rolling over cap meant.

edit: wait i'm stupid. you won the first fight. ahghkflj nevermind
I was given the flee after rolling above cap, yes, but my issue is that it was two stealing attempts when there should only be one allowed in a situation like that, even though I'd won the first attempt.
yeah i agree! i think the one robbery per scene thing should be added at the very least, if not all the stuff you listed. i attempted to rob someone today with another player and we did one fight and that was it. even though there were two of us on our side. just one 1v1! i mean i did lose, but still.
Eh, this is kind of dumb. You should not have to have the thief stance to steal things. Besides, it opens up a nice variance. Anyone can take all of your gold, if they don't mind letting you go free. A thief can take some of your gold, while getting the chance to get the whole pot, and a valuable captive.

I also think that upping from 'can steal a single stack of ore' to 'can steal all the ore you have' is dumb.

Also, alchemy reagents take longer to farm, but farming them is much easier to RP during.
No, I obviously would not mean 'every single ore you have on you', nobody is going to carry around a magnet that can steal rare metals from people at all times. But if I have 100 wind crystals that I spent actual hours farming for I'm not going to give them all up to someone who was too lazy and decided to outverb me with a vast RPL difference or something.

And no, I don't really understand the point of "Yes, well I plan to steal all of your gold in a restrained 0"

... When we have a thief passive that steals coins automatically on danger RP. It kind of invalidates the point.
I would appreciate clarification about uniques, personally.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Quote:Alternatively, you can choose an item from their inventory (a stack of ores, for example).

A stack of ores, alchemy ingredients, etc fit what the rule/mechanic is here for. Uniques are (obviously? maybe this isn't clear enough though) a no-go. You can only rob someone of those by capturing them.

With that said: I disagree with the idea of taking this mechanic away from people because thief can steal 20% of a person's coin. Yeah, well... The whole point of why this rule had the item clause added to it is because it's impossible to actually rob people anymore (guilds/storing money in chests). There is no reason a person can't rob you of 1k leather if you happen to be carrying that number on you.

'But my time!'

Well, yeah? This game is a time sink and practically everything negative that can happen to your character can be complained about because 'my time is wasted', and it's just a bad way to look at things, really. 

I agree that only one person should be able to rob in a scene though. No chain-robbing or whatever.

Calling farming mobs 'actual hours of work' is a big reach though, let's not pretend that it isn't more than just being semi-afk and focusing on something else on your PC.
[Image: trio.png]
(07-08-2020, 04:33 PM)Trenton Wrote: No, I obviously would not mean 'every single ore you have on you', nobody is going to carry around a magnet that can steal rare metals from people at all times. But if I have 100 wind crystals that I spent actual hours farming for I'm not going to give them all up to someone who was too lazy and decided to outverb me with a vast RPL difference or something.

And no, I don't really understand the point of "Yes, well I plan to steal all of your gold in a restrained 0"

... When we have a thief passive that steals coins automatically on danger RP. It kind of invalidates the point.

Then... Don't go crystal farming alone? Keep them in multiple seperate stacks if you're concerned?

No it doesn't. As clarified.

> With Thief.
1.) Can do a danger cap 0 for all gold.

2.) Can do a danger cap 0 for an item stack, and still get some gold.

3.) Can do a danger cap # and hope to get a captive, and all their belongings, while still getting some gold, regardless.

> Without Thief.

1.) Can do a danger cap 0 for all their gold.

2.) Can do a dc0 for an item stack, no gold.

3.) Can do a dc# and gets nothing if the opponent gets away.
Topic Options