MillyDM Team
Hi. It's me again.
I talked this over in a VC the other day, sat on the idea and ruminated and have come up with this:

Have a DM team.
They'd be allowed to run CoI events without approval (Still requiring approval for CoDs)
They'd be allowed to keep DM powers (or at the very least, get them without having to show approval - because, again, CoI events!)
-- To further expand on this, have the admins have a list of their keys so they know which ones are okay maybe?
They would have a role in the discord / channel to discuss things (Will get to that later)
The role would not show up separately so people don't get egos / big heads.

Now.
The reason why I say give them a role/channel in the discord?
To work together on bigger events. On world events, on maybe snagging another DM to play ECs, etc.

Of course, have this be a small amount of experienced DMs - 5, maybe 6. Hell, maybe rotate them out.

Don't let them hand out approval for CoIs to other DMs however, which I think is an important distinction between Spires' dedicated DMs and this idea.

Please let me know thoughts!
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

It really was useful on Spires and allowed me to pick up events on the same day and go "I'll run this I have an idea let's do it tonight."

Addition to this idea would be impromptu small events around the world like when crabs attacked people at the levengard beach with some okay loot from a pre-determined loot table that way there's no cheating / misjudgement and so forth.

A DM team was great and they're useful for when someone else has a question about DMing.

It worked on Spires and most DM-roled people did their job properly. Some people did less smart things with it but that one time was an exception with someone being given the role with 1 event ran or something.

CoD and bigger lore/plot stuff still would need overview.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
The DM team on late Spires put in work.

The role/channel in Discord allowed for near instant communication between DM and admin which sped things up considerably.

Even though I’m not a DM for Esshar, this is a great idea to bring back.
I agree with this a lot. More events would be run overall, which would benefit a lot more people.
As the best crackhead DM I agree
I honestly think this would bring more traction to the game in the end of it all. Having a group of people constantly creating and pushing world events to draw attention to the players sounds like it's something needed. I feel as thought it'd help keep people engaged-- That and I'm still waiting on that big ol' siege on Barsburg... It seemed like a really fun idea and I think there's people willing to run that campaign of sorts.
I entirely agree with the idea of an active DM team not only pushing forward with world events, but offering a pool for the less lucky players who haven't had the benefit of making connections in the community and find making an event thread a daunting task. It would bring consistent life to the game even in dry times, and I think it's a wise decision going forward.

I'd also recommend Tattles, En, and Zealot for said team, as I know they did well before with the dragon invasion arc of Spires that didn't really take off.
please bro please dont name drop me i dont exist ive never ran an event in m ylife
(06-28-2020, 05:01 AM)Enigmatic Outlook Wrote: please bro please dont name drop me i dont exist ive never ran an event in m ylife
[quote pid='16517' dateline='1593320486']
ive never ran an event in m ylife
[/quote]
ran an event

event 

ev En t

You played yourself.
I don’t use the forums much.
But yes. Fucking please.
Topic Options