Sirenia Lore Draft
- Not Final

- Unedited

- New parts added once the previous part gets the headmin OK (like and subscribe)

- Thanks to Trenton and Sanguine

Origins
In the first age, dominion of the ocean was granted to divine dragon Jormungandr, a titanic creature with magical scales that never dull or fall. He created the primordial Yama, a shape-shifting serpent, to assist him. He did not bless any drakanites though some revere him regardless. The oceans of eternia were absolutely massive and already filled with life created by angels, primordials and even other divine spirits. Jormungandr decided to attempt to create some unity in the ocean. He would visit and bless each species of the world with his care and majesty.

• Though he thought himself successful, the Divine Dragon missed one creature. The lowliest of all life, hateful and envious, cast to the bottom of the sea long ago by Kraus at the creation of the world. It was a speckle of hatred, the small wicked feelings that the creator himself had harbored and torn away from himself once Eternia was formed. Cast into a shape too harmless too threaten anyone, too deep to ever be seen. The Forgotten(name pending).
  • Outraged at being ignored even by the divine dragon that blessed all other entities, the Trent plotted its revenge. When the Divine Dragon dared to dive into the deeps to search for a gem that the Miserable had planted, it struck.
  • The Forgotten fit between the scales of Jormungandr and borrowed in, staying there for days. Eventually it managed to make a single scale fall loose and sink to the ocean depths, unbeknownst to its owner.
  • Over time the scale would grow tainted with the essence of the Forgotten, becoming sickly and tainting the ground around it. The corruption spread faster the deeper it festered, ingraining itself into the foundation of the ocean bed.
  • By the time the Divine Dragon noticed, the corruption had already become something dangerous. Pulsating darkness and wicked emotion given form, it was the skeleton of the creature that would later be known as The Deep One.
  • Sea life that lingered too long within these fetid waters would lose their sense of self, becoming feral or insane, tasked only with guarding the corruption. Jormungandr dared not try and strike it himself lest he, too, be infected. As it was born from his own scale the madness resonated especially deeply with him.
  • It became Yama's duty to destroy the corruption. To aid in his task, he would beseech the humans of the island of Atlantis, a small community that worshipped the serpent and were in tune with the ocean. These would become the first Sirenia, tasked with destroying the Deep One.
  • Through great magic and the assistance of the primordial they would almost succeed in scouring the corruption, until traitors formed in their midst. Even the Sirenia were not immune to the call of insanity that resonated from the shard. They turned on their brethren at the final battle, forcing a retreat.
  • It remains the duty of the Sirenia to cleanse corruption where it is found, to warden the sea where the Deep One rests- known as Kerdanhel, The Dead Sea- and ensure it did not spread beyond. Cultists of the Deep One constantly attempt to escape and plant new seeds of chaos in the world.

Quote:TL;DR

Scale of Divine Dragon Jormungandr is stolen and corrupted, becomes a malignant growth, Yama blesses worshipping humans to become Sirenia and battle it.
support on the basis of The Miserable and nothing more
rt
support on the forgotten's name being the Trent
I approve this message!
This is cute and I like it, but I don’t like the part where Kraus has a bit of evil and hate in him.

Pure wings. 

Kraus goodboy.

This is anti-kraus propaganda.

Plz fix.
its alright nobody knows about it
There's a quick problem with this and I think Chance will point it out.

A PC demon was denied the name Indra ( Or something very close to this ) Due to the fact a demon named Indras existed and creating the Indras Shards.

The name your suggesting isn't that obviously but it might lead to confusion and or it being asked to changed just like that player did.

It's still cute lore tho
oh yes, the cursed pre timeskip lore. ok ill change good find
Can I be insane and worship the ocean and the tide like kul'tirans from World of Warcraft

im v.unoriginal and yama stinky dum fishy and deep one cool but i just fetishize water.

ty for answering my question, if u do. I hope sirenians get added.
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
we're on strike until we have headmin approval to move forward
Topic Options