AvajainWraith of Barsburg - Conflict in the Courtyard
Hi all! This is just going to be a short little thread asking for opinions on how y'all thought the event went. I think it went pretty well, given that this was the first thing of this scale I've ever tried to do! A couple things I've already noted that I'll be looking at in the future are...

- Making actual sign-ups! That way it's a lot more organized! I enjoyed some of the chaos, admittedly, but it slowed the event as a whole.
 - Adjustments to how the fights are run! I'm being vague here, since to go into details would be spoilers, but I probably won't do world events of this scale as just a gauntlet like this anymore. Took far too much time, as I'm sure you'll all agree!

That! But, of course, I'd really appreciate any suggestions y'all can give, and feedback on if you enjoyed it or not, or what you didn't enjoy! I'm expecting mostly notes about the wait-time in that regard!

Fair warning, I wrote this entire post at 1AM, so thanks for bearing with the slight rambliness! Heart
I think that it was a glorious, little event to put a good end to a near impossible entity. Though, a few people didn't like the first few rounds were the ones permed and didn't enjoy it would probably be bettered balanced, just a bit.

Good shit, though.
I wish i had gotten a chance to fight it once.
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Oh hey! It's me. 
IMO, the event was fine except for a few key points that just made it last longer, which is fine but there wasn't a lot of stuff to do while we waited. This is from the last person to fight it.
My suggestions for the next time, since I actually thought it was fun once I got to participate is this
  • 1. Posts should not be done inbetween every fight. While limiting attendance would make this less of an issue, we had at least one person in every two fights who would refuse to pretype or not know that they should have to begin with. This does count for you too- I'm not faulting you for it of course, but the posts inbetween the fights were fine but did in the end eat up quite some time that left about fifty people in the stands waiting. I would personally prefer if injuries were all the same across the table to reduce typing time or pre-written/as were battle posts
  • 2. Something to do while we wait, of some kind. I would have preferred it if this boss came with two others so there was more than one boss to fight. The people that didn't get a chance to participate were somewhat frustrated from what I understand because they didn't really get anything besides the free danger check!
  • 3. Instead of it being based on a capture roll, there should have been a big group fight against the wraith right then and there after Mars' group beat it the first time. It would've been a decent ending point if it instead resulted in a second phase where we can group fight it.
  • 4. Disable LOoC! I fucking hated seeing certain people make fun of others for losing, only to get mollywhopped 2-0 when they went in.
I think the event itself was fun, and I like the spice up it brings.

It could definitely help to have sign ups, and maybe somewhat split it? As in, two DMs taking care of event, and two groups of people opposing X thing to process it quicker.

Maybe designated area too? Dojo is alright, but the real RPB box was pretty cut off, leaving less space which can be actually rather decisive in my opinion.

Other than suggestion, there was a small flaw I noted:
It was practically unwinnable for first and second teams. I understand that EC was meant to be whittled down, but they're essentially randomly selected beat up dummies - they will have no loot, no glory, and they will potentially catch permanent nerfs, and... well, that's it. Participation is fun, but I'm fairly certain it would bum out pretty much anyone to get into event, catch perm nerf & be sent home. Maybe disallow permanent nerfs for people that are, for all intents and purposes, literally destined to lose on random selection?

Alternatively, balance it around the way so it's at least winnable for first team (but that leaves gap for others never getting a chance at all).

Personally I have nothing to be bummed out about. My team came, we had fun, we won, we took home rare loot - I'm just looking out for the guys that had it rough, really.

Other than that, ggs, fun event. That's all criticism I could possibly offer for potential improvements.
Fighting against the wraith in the first round felt like it was mean't to be fighting 4-5 people, we barely even got it to 50 percent the 2nd round, it was pretty much unwinnable and getting a permanent injury from that is kinda dumb for being a test dummy practically. After the 2nd or 3rd fight the EC looked like it was actually winnable. Just wished the stats were toned down a bit. (this EC looked stronger than vartuul) 

Other than that the event was pretty fun to watch seeing everyone get dev from it, People got loot, etc... 

More things like this should happen probably... but its draining for the person actually piloting it. Props to avajain pushing through four hours of constant verbing/narrations!
[Image: unknown.png]
I enjoyed it especially since there was IC history for it and I wasn't just there to be there. Perhaps some reward for the risk of attempting? I personally don't care to receive an injury (I'm collecting them, you see...) but many others would like a little bang for their buck? I'm fine with nothing when I go in just expecting some nice IC and dev. But some people aren't too happy copping a perm for nothing but a pat on the back.

Perhaps a more RPB friendly location! It'd make it feel more immersive and not just the sweaty dojo. There's lots of nice areas on the map.

Something to do for people just kinda idling. For something that scale, there should be an EC or two. Or maybe some pretyped prompts but on top of fighting and then posting for those you face, it would require another DM, or two. So yeah, that scale, more hands working on making it lively outside of watching verbs.
[Image: guintitus-1.png][Image: rykermatryona.png]
Was fun imo, Wish for more events yeah but.. definately the idling was taxing considering people didnt pre-type and follow given rules but props to Ava good event and good dev and fun times!

Hope to see more!
[Image: banner.png] Sanctus.Inc
It was like Oprah throwing out perms left and right. Loved it. Got through matches at a decent pace which was fantastic. Also biased cause we got it to 10%.
10/10 would get nerfed again.
(04-29-2020, 05:16 AM)Avajain Wrote: ...

happy birthday avajain!
Topic Options