VolatileSome Quality of Life Changes.
(03-22-2020, 01:02 AM)Trenton Wrote: I'm going to play devil's advocate and just suggest that you get a notification once you hit the qualification stage and RPP is simply the timer. It'll gloss over for people who are actually immersed and for the people who wait to see if they qualify like they wait on their next hit of heroin, or whatever, there's equal satisfaction for both parties.

But the core issue lies in the RPP system being an hour. It's too fast paced and it does stress people out. Things do inevitably come down to fighting in most situations unfortunately, and fighting ultimately come downs to numbers. At the end of the day, the person who managed to hit a check every hour consistently compared to the person roleplaying at an average speed and maybe hitting every second, or third, is going to win because of circumstances like that.

Slow down RPP gains to every second or third hour. Having the checks come every hour isn't really necessary and it promotes people sitting down and not stopping. I've had the days where I want to do something but stop because my next check is in ten minutes and I desperately want to hit it to try and stay on top of the game. While it may end up making people slow down once they know they've qualified and have an hour and twenty minutes or something before they're getting their check for it...

If they devolve into shitposting for that matter, which is what the biggest concern is? Punish players for poor RP. We used to dish out okay mods for this behaviour and I will admit that I was a culprit of things in the past. This is a roleplaying community and it really shouldn't be acceptable. 

Finally, Remove the qualification check from /rpp. It's not the end of the world using the command to see when the checking time comes, but I've had the days where after every post I make- and sometimes, even while I wait, I instinctively whip out the /rpp command to see if I'm getting my next 1. Ultimately, I think the way the /rpp command works is almost toxic in that it wires people to wait and see if they're qualified with every post. While not everyone does this, I'm sure a lot of people do and it's poor etiquette for gameplay.

My last suggestion is to simply play an embarrassing tone every time /rpp is typed to induce shame if nothing truly changes

pretty much all of this oh my god
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
(03-22-2020, 01:02 AM)Trenton Wrote: I'm going to play devil's advocate and just suggest that you get a notification once you hit the qualification stage and RPP is simply the timer. It'll gloss over for people who are actually immersed and for the people who wait to see if they qualify like they wait on their next hit of heroin, or whatever, there's equal satisfaction for both parties.

But the core issue lies in the RPP system being an hour. It's too fast paced and it does stress people out. Things do inevitably come down to fighting in most situations unfortunately, and fighting ultimately come downs to numbers. At the end of the day, the person who managed to hit a check every hour consistently compared to the person roleplaying at an average speed and maybe hitting every second, or third, is going to win because of circumstances like that.

Slow down RPP gains to every second or third hour. Having the checks come every hour isn't really necessary and it promotes people sitting down and not stopping. I've had the days where I want to do something but stop because my next check is in ten minutes and I desperately want to hit it to try and stay on top of the game. While it may end up making people slow down once they know they've qualified and have an hour and twenty minutes or something before they're getting their check for it...

If they devolve into shitposting for that matter, which is what the biggest concern is? Punish players for poor RP. We used to dish out okay mods for this behaviour and I will admit that I was a culprit of things in the past. This is a roleplaying community and it really shouldn't be acceptable. 

Finally, Remove the qualification check from /rpp. It's not the end of the world using the command to see when the checking time comes, but I've had the days where after every post I make- and sometimes, even while I wait, I instinctively whip out the /rpp command to see if I'm getting my next 1. Ultimately, I think the way the /rpp command works is almost toxic in that it wires people to wait and see if they're qualified with every post. While not everyone does this, I'm sure a lot of people do and it's poor etiquette for gameplay.

My last suggestion is to simply play an embarrassing tone every time /rpp is typed to induce shame if nothing truly changes

Trenton, normally I would find some excuse to disagree with you, but I cannot. You are correct.

I'm so proud.
Trenton basicallt explained the reasoning behind that suggestion. Good boy.
Also mining timers should be a thing too..
My discord is Vi#6600
Mining timers will absolutely wreck Esshar's economy more than it is already going to be destroyed. They are a bad idea.

I'm sorry. They are.
We do need to fix the game's economy somehow. I might come up with something
My discord is Vi#6600
no more suggestions, you've already ruined my timer
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
time to stay unhealthy and not sleep just to see that rpp gain message for satisfaction

[Image: vyxnp.jpg]
When your house's door does not have any interiors connected to it:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM]
This shit gay.

3 rpp 3 hour checks kinda hitting different.
ah yes, a scholarly response, well writ
I think 3 hour checks for 3 rpp after 50 rpl doesn't need to be written out as to why its hilariously slow, and why people who actually work will absolutely loathe this
Topic Options