Chancefeedback
Right off the cuff, I'm going to address my issue with what happened with my Mentor app- which I did receive a prompt refusal for.

I went to you, and Mouse to try and get a discussion going about my ability to do pre-set up for my demon, and I went ignored. Ironically, I've never had issues with in-game AHelps because most of the time I've been helped by the same person- who they know who they are, and I appreciate them a lot for putting up with what they put up with.

Before that, when I was actively playing the game, I went to a few of the admin team for lore help because- as can be noted- the wikia that you get directed to for the game's lore is not remotely updated- to the point that I know recently people have been working on putting in the Hiddens and their stats.

I admit, I stopped playing after that because- as I said before- the game feels extremely anti-new people, and it seems far more focused on "battlechadding". If the idea of the game is just to participate in sporadic war battles, that's fine and I do need to just stay stepped away from it, because I am more interested in intrigue / social aspects. Even on my latest app, I put in what I wanted to do via that character.
(02-17-2020, 05:30 AM)Ravenette Wrote: Right off the cuff, I'm going to address my issue with what happened with my Mentor app- which I did receive a prompt refusal for.

I went to you, and Mouse to try and get a discussion going about my ability to do pre-set up for my demon, and I went ignored.  Ironically, I've never had issues with in-game AHelps because most of the time I've been helped by the same person- who they know who they are, and I appreciate them a lot for putting up with what they put up with.

Before that, when I was actively playing the game, I went to a few of the admin team for lore help because- as can be noted- the wikia that you get directed to for the game's lore is not remotely updated- to the point that I know recently people have been working on putting in the Hiddens and their stats.

I admit, I stopped playing after that because- as I said before- the game feels extremely anti-new people, and it seems far more focused on "battlechadding".  If the idea of the game is just to participate in sporadic war battles, that's fine and I do need to just stay stepped away from it, because I am more interested in intrigue / social aspects.  Even on my latest app, I put in what I wanted to do via that character.

Okay, thank you! I'd appreciate it if you could bump our conversation on Discord so I can read over the context of that, but it does sound like the kind of thing that might be glossed over unfortunately. Especially with how hectic things were when we were setting up. I'm sorry about that.

And I think that a mix of social and conflict is best. Being threatened by another faction or having active, tangible enemies, for most people, makes the casual and smaller interactions more meaningful, because they're fighting for something and competing in a way that encourages their progression. Combat/PvP in itself is tricky and it's unfortunate when someone can't get a good handle on it, since it is a major focus of the game... offering supporting roles in that sense is needed, and we do have utility spells planned related to medic/crafting/white magic/witchcraft/etc. Giving people the ability to help (despite not being a great fighter) is a fair middle-ground that can be worked towards.
Most of my criticisms thus far have been said, so I'll keep my biggest point of feedback short.

Grinding RPL in this game sucks ass, especially when people can circumvent this with demon rebirths. I see no issue with having more RPL 200s as a whole, and I think a way to lessen the grind is to bring back double xp weekends. It gives people an incentive to get on the game during the weekend and go casual/danger. Also, no more full rebirths! It kinda sucks to level a character when there's not a whole lot to even do besides job to someone 40-50 RPL higher than you.

Other than that, my other criticism goes to the people who pay for hiddens. Please, invest in trees that have little to no support beyond the base tree. Things like plasma, sound, and metal.

Smaller things:

Make Rhoynish an option to play as at the starting menu, locking your eye color to gold.

Give people opportunities to actually lead, instead of griming them on an OOC level because you don't like them/don't like how they RP.

Put more people on the review team for hiddens.

Make the next map change have IC implications. Something Cataclysmic, I dunno.
(02-17-2020, 05:52 AM)Hoovyking Wrote: Most of my criticisms thus far have been said, so I'll keep my biggest point of feedback short.

Grinding RPL in this game sucks ass, especially when people can circumvent this with demon rebirths. I see no issue with having more RPL 200s as a whole, and I think a way to lessen the grind is to bring back double xp weekends. It gives people an incentive to get on the game during the weekend and go casual/danger. Also, no more full rebirths! It kinda sucks to level a character when there's not a whole lot to even do besides job to someone 40-50 RPL higher than you.

Other than that, my other criticism goes to the people who pay for hiddens. Please, invest in trees that have little to no support beyond the base tree. Things like plasma, sound, and metal.

Smaller things:

Make Rhoynish an option to play as at the starting menu, locking your eye color to gold.

Give people opportunities to actually lead, instead of griming them on an OOC level because you don't like them/don't like how they RP.

I second the Rhoynish race. Would help flesh out such a oppressed people a bit more and hopefully add to their ranks.
(02-17-2020, 05:52 AM)Hoovyking Wrote: Grinding RPL in this game sucks ass, especially when people can circumvent this with demon rebirths. I see no issue with having more RPL 200s as a whole, and I think a way to lessen the grind is to bring back double xp weekends. It gives people an incentive to get on the game during the weekend and go casual/danger. Also, no more full rebirths! It kinda sucks to level a character when there's not a whole lot to even do besides job to someone 40-50 RPL higher than you.

There was a fairly big change to RPP gain recently. I don't think increasing the rate will help ease those kinds of worries, though, and I'm in the mind that your RPL is not something that directly influences your enjoyment. When you see setting the foundations of your character as a 'grind' (perhaps due to a lack of an interesting group, or challenges), then that's the problem area, because you'd speed on by if you were into your scenes (not that this is a you problem, of course). I've watched people play very casually and go from 150 - 200 in a week or so.

1.) Make Rhoynish an option to play as at the starting menu, locking your eye color to gold. 
Rhoynish are very, very rare ICly and shouldn't really be made a public option randomly, but standardising the process of becoming one, along with other roles, would be an improvement. I don't see the demand there for Rhoynish specifically however, or think it's something we need more that'll add to the current climate?

2.) Give people opportunities to actually lead, instead of griming them on an OOC level because you don't like them/don't like how they RP. 

Which people are being grimed (I assume specifically by me / administration) because they're not liked, exactly? And why aren't they able to lead?

3.) Put more people on the review team for hiddens. 

Why? There's currently 5 judges. Very few of them play in the same area or really speak to each other much outside of their respective admin duties. This position also isn't an easy way to fulfil while searching for the specific qualities we look for in judges, the detailed, objective feedback and independent thinking to avoid biases. 

4.) Make the next map change have IC implications. Something Cataclysmic, I dunno.

This would be cool, but difficult to time / set up well, with how large of a project editing down the map is at the moment. We'll see how things play out ICly.
Quote:4.) Make the next map change have IC implications. Something Cataclysmic, I dunno.

This would be cool, but difficult to time / set up well, with how large of a project editing down the map is at the moment. We'll see how things play out ICly.

[Image: 5269bf6a1807cc8d80ac4d19a896a433.png]

It's time for another plague arc
My issues aren't related to utility, personally. Even just being someone to "come home to" is an extensively large role to fulfill. If you're worried about people not being able to get a grasp for the PVP part of the game, personally, I would suggest more casual battle events- like the Tournament that occurred, or even encouraging people to do training or encouraging the mentor role because it allows people to get into more common fights without risking anything with a character they don't have a grasp of yet- it could even be community events rather than anything handled by admins/mods/etc so it wouldn't put any pressure on that side of the board. That's simply a suggestion, however.

In the same sense- and this is something I discussed with other players rather than any admins or mods, because this was casual discussion rather than feedback/griping- I feel like the setting in the start had a lot of room for intrigue and more "social" aspects that was even good for the antags at the time- the Syndicate- because it allowed people to not be waylaid by RPL distances and the like. Instead, we entered this CONSTANT fighting thing where the PvP-player base was happy, but it basically stopped anyone else from advancing because they weren't a part of the narrative.

Like Hoovy above stated, part of the issue- and I even addressed it before- is that the gap right now is far too wide and it only gets wider as established people get more Hiddens. You can close the RPL gap, but people aiming for app-worthy content naturally accrue more attention, which- well- makes it hard for anyone INTERESTED in the PvP to try and get into it. I admit, the balance right now is extremely skewed towards the people who have kept one character since launch (and even though I started playing on the first day of launch, I've RB'd several times because it took awhile for me to attach to a character) or who got 100% RBs.

Personally, however, I'd insist on an overhaul of the RPL system rather than something like a "double weekend" (even though it would likely be easier to implement), mostly because that wouldn't actually affect the balance since that'd just mean people who are already able to slam ahead via checks can just keep doing so- though in counterpoint, I'm sure you could just as easily only have it work up to a certain level, as well.

EDIT: As a side-line, if nothing else, I appreciate that you've taken the time to actually speak to people in this thread, so I laud you for that. That's not a dig, just me trying to encourage you to do it more. I think it's a step in the right direction.
Let's take a look at other mechanics of the game I think really need a look at.

As someone who played a crafter I think we should bring back more nodes for crafting ingredients. I also think that the respawn rates should be up.
Being back for a month and a half now I have not once... ONCE. Found a single node of mythril in ANY cave. 
I think for those who want to be crafters the spawn rate is ridiculously low, making progressing as a crafter difficult. Making money more difficult, etc. Certainly perms are forever profitable as people will always be making new characters to buy them, but....
There are just a lot of things, crafting related that are unnecessarily hard to find.
Luminite should be made more apparent. Yes I know it's mainly used for invisibility potions. But the plant should maybe be changed in color. Give it a blue hue. Make it slightly less transparent.
Make alchemy eyes show ingredients n a red color. As there is no red colored biomes and seeing red in the forests will immediately catch the eyes.
I think a lot of people who want to play crafters who like to have crafting skills are hindered by older players going to rare resource nodes, mining them, memorizing where they are. And going back whenever they can to snag the ores. These Nyeshk/Orichalcum/Mythril ore respawn times are so low that, unless you're lucky you don't ever find one on your own.

I think more houses should have garden areas. Especially greenhouses in Theria. it's said Theria is supposedly a land highly valued for it's alchemy trade and yet... you can't grow alchemy plants there much if at all really.
There also needs to be more incentive for people to play menroring and medic roles. There's maybe... 6 medic characters alive right now. Because there's almost no incentive to play one and sometimes its more of a burden unless you charge people money for it. "Ow I lost an arm give me a new one."

Some other vents I have toward roles that don't necessarily involve leadership.
Also can we add a /cooking timer and an Cooking EXP thing like farming, please?
Can we add fishing EXP that lowers the amount of energy fishing takes relative to level?

Quick EDIT: I think higher spawn rates would make leaving towns worth it.
My discord is Vi#6600
(02-17-2020, 06:05 AM)chance Wrote: words
I'll respond to the second point, since it's probably the most important for me at least. 

I've had personal conversations with a lot of people involved in Moonfall's event to get the black book, and having the Scythe be locked to Atreus, only for it to immediately unlock once it passed from his hands. I see this as an absolute misuse of DMing powers to negatively impact another character's ability to play the game. If there were very, very strong reasons in that event to lock it from him, then so be it. But this event, from an outside perspective, looks like purposely locking a weapon only to immediately unlock it for someone else looks incredibly suspicious.

That, and the matter o
f not allowing Theria leaders to app for demons while Osronan leaders ("leadership" really being people who have exarchs/radients or notable/important knights) looks pretty bad on paper. I'm only able to speculate on the total population of people who signed up to play a demon who also didn't have an important character, but I feel the conflict between Moonfall/Demons and Osrona would be a bit more hot with raids and organized fighting if a section of Osrona's main players weren't also playing demons, and would've lead to a better conflict overall. 

That's just what I see, anyway. 
(02-17-2020, 06:05 AM)chance Wrote: 1.) Make Rhoynish an option to play as at the starting menu, locking your eye color to gold. 
Rhoynish are very, very rare ICly and shouldn't really be made a public option randomly, but standardising the process of becoming one, along with other roles, would be an improvement. I don't see the demand there for Rhoynish specifically however, or think it's something we need more that'll add to the current climate?

I actually want to make a contribution to this, as the person who set up most of the cultural stuff for the Rhoynish, played one of the ones at game start, and am now playing another one. There's actually a...pretty decent chance at this point that the Rhoynish culture is fading outside their traditional lands. Starting as a 16 year old now means you were born in 1660, seven years after the conquest. Given assumedly Esshar has been either assimilating the Rhoynish after their annexation, putting them in indentured servitude (which reduces the chance that parents will be able to pass on culture in households with an -understandable- anti-Rhoynish perspective, or otherwise a bunch of Rhoynish orphaned by the war who never learned their culture from their parents/clan -given the Rhoynish pass down stories and beliefs via oral-tradition- having children, I would find it pretty likely that -again, outside their ancestral lands- the Rhoynish cultural identity is disappearing, or at the least, shifting to take into account their lack of freedom. One of the things that I tried to set up in my cultural write up for them was that at least one of their cultural festivals -a very important one- was banned, which suggests that they were being culturally oppressed at least to some degree at game start. Just food for thought!

Srsly tho a Gold eye colour option, while little, would be cool.
Topic Options