G-EHouse Tirel - A Brief History
[Image: c0ae642e829dbebc3f3111dbdcefdb3d.png]

[Image: 7c206f122750291f3f9b629e07223ac4.jpg]

Quote:
"I never thought of the consequences. I do not waste time on whether the weight of my life outweighs the life of another: That is the talk of a trembling coward. You can calculate the cost of your actions afterwards - because in that moment of calculation, there is someone in need. This is my vow, Your Majesty, for the great boon with which you have honored me: My family and I will celebrate our own sacrifices, so that others need not mourn theirs." - Livia Tirel, upon the founding of Her House - 1483AC

The History of the House...

House Tirel is a relatively new Noble family that sprung up in the late 1400s. The origins of the family's Founder, Livia Tirel, are not often spoken about, as there was not much to say: The Tirel name came up often within the records of the Order's infantry, being a long serving line of soldiers and militia spanning generations. Her hard work to become a member of the Order of the First Light was recognized by a member of House Astor, which helped her attain Knighthood in the Order. Fatalities were rare - if not non-existent - in her Exarch's squadron, despite the dangers they faced. These deeds were enough for her to gain recognition, but her title and lands were not rewarded to her until she thwarted an attempt on an Astor Lord. Amid the chaos of an ambush, Livia Tirel took a near-fatal blow on behalf of him, giving him the chance to end the assailant's life while the ambusher's spear was still lodged in her abdomen.

She was granted the title of Livia cos Tirel, a stretch of land overseeing a small farming hamlet (prone to volatile weather), and was elevated to a noble station.

Not much has changed since those times: Tirels still consider themselves staunch and loyal friends to House Astor, despite its relatively small size compared to other Minor Nobilities. They still serve in the military exclusively: House Tirel's youths are not just encouraged, but expected to join the Order of the First Light. The family now holds a yearly informal banquet in their estate, celebrating and toasting to the lives of lost knights - Both their own and others. And there are still very few branch members of the family despite the high average of children born into House Tirel at any given time. This is largely in part due to their most outstanding reputation: On average, a member of House Tirel won't live past twenty-five. The toughest- though most just say luckiest - Tirel is usually the one that ends up as the Patriarch.

This high mortality rate may imply that a modern Tirel is reckless, foolish, and danger-prone: Which is only partly true. Their ancestor's vow has led to a long-running complex that ingrains itself in every Tirel: The only friendly blood that should be spilled is their own. This feeling is stronger in some Tirels than others, but it affects them all the same. They all possess a desire to put themselves in harm's way, if only so that innocents and their comrades may be safe: There is nothing to fear should you have a Tirel in your squad -- but do not expect that Tirel to last long. This lifestyle extended to their every day life: Whether it's engaging with dangerous criminals on the streets, to just shoring up farming communities in their stretch of land during a particularly bad storm, a Tirel wants to protect people. They often die for it.

Members of House Tirel are soldiers, guards, and knights, focusing their training on armed combat. Those that don't end up serving in the frontline still put the people first, often becoming healers for the city, or field medics for the Order.
Topic Options