State of Esshar
[Image: NPsPbKz.png]

Garljing's Coat

Date: 1800 AC

"The flames of these children of Ryujin is the only light in the veil of darkness."

Garljin's coat would be silent as the dragon lords would make their decision in council, the leaders have coming to a conclusion in each issue that has been brought to their attention.

[Image: fuckpcituee.png]
Quote:Varceal Vartuul: "We the fireblooded have an oath to fulfill  heeding the words of the great wyrms falls into this, thus we heed the word of Skarlax and will retrieve the blade it has asked for."

• Rumor has it that the Fireblooded found the body of the slain Wyrm Skarlax, and through the commune, it gives guidance - now with their ritual complete, they prepare for their next task to reclaim an item long thought forgotten.

[Image: fuck_me.png]
The Dragon's Gauntlet

The dragon's Gauntlet has been completed an arena in which any can seek to settle their difference in bloody combat. They are able to do this without the fear of intervention from any third party by the protection of fireblooded, for this is ritual combat in this sacred arena.

Quote:
  • Rules have been set for these duels in which two parties would choose their opponent in a open intervention of a duel blood must be spilled in order to truly fight in the gauntlet, this is not a sparing arena.
  • Even if claimed to be a enemy of Garljings coat should you wish to duel in a arena in which no one can Interfere then you will be respected and honored upon this blessed arena to have your bout regardless of the battles outcome, and able to leave once the bout is done.
  • Rumors Have spread that the first two to fight on this sacred ground are no other than Vales Grimmore and The lore keeper of the fire blooded Orodyn Vartuul. (This sunday 10/4/2020)

[Image: guild_thing_spawn_point.png]
On the pressing matters of Esshar and it's nations

Quote:Dragonlords and Council: "Though it took some time to come up to a agreement we now stand with the banner of the twin wolves and the banner of the lion in the current conflict, this being because of the accusations upon the Achyon nation of working with our mortal enemy these so called dragonslayers. We agree that it would only make sense that one foreign invader would work with another, and we have not seen Achyon do any such acts to stop them from venturing their cities and have fought multiple dragon slayers within their lands because of it which leads us to believe that the accusation that they work with one another is true. We are fully aware that should the tribesmen not be here it would more certainly be our divine dragons that you would seek to kill with this fact alone we will stand against you."

Advertisement 

Quote:"Now in Garljing's Coat, I've opened a shop for Fireblooded and others alike. The prices are more than fair, and for people of the Temple I accept custom orders for weaponry and armor at a price of cost in materials alone. Come to Dun's today."
[Image: Pirate.png]
The Deep Company
1801 - Siren Beach
The southern coasts of Esshar have grown notorious for their ruby dotted sands as much as the constant robberies, maimings, and ambient discord that surrounded the shores of Siren Beach. Here, the crew of the Pauper’s Bride had docked, and here it seemed they intended to remain. 
A local news reporter of Osrona was kidnapped and forced to commit an interview at gunpoint for the band of reavers, and the crew of Sirenian pirates had this to say.
Captain Maertock Reave
Quote:
The southern coasts belong to us. Many of you have already paid your toll in blood or coin, I figured it’s only genial of me to make it a formality. My crew is here to stay. You got a problem with that, you send some big armies with loooooots of heavy pockets. We’ve been looking to get us some nicer finery as lords of the coast.
First Mate Murtock Reave
Quote:
If ye ain't got enemies gunnin' fer yer broadside then that jus' means ya ain't lived a life o' conviction. Havin' enemies means ye both had th'stones ta disagree an' stand by yer principles
Vice Captain Leibos
Quote:
Esshar is rich, divided and ripe for plunder. Who better than us to pluck its fruit?
Vice Captain Caddock Reave
Quote:
We can afford to sink.
For better, but likely worse, the pirates of the south seas have laid claim to their little corner of criminal paradise.
[Image: Sirens_w_Crabs.png]
[Image: 212a52feb1be2f2c7f9a905f88d8ac7d.png]

[Image: jRHIY8L-7MxiZRw58Nzlv_iRYFGNql9qWbn55cyt...J-Uwb7Z_ik]
1801 A.C.

"To protect the weak, to uplift the downtrodden, and to vanquish the darkness."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Following a meeting of Osrona's council, Cristole has been appointed as Lightbearer of the Order of the Second Dawn. Recruitment and training both remain steadily under way.

• Despite attempts at peace by the Stellus and Radiants, conflict has broken out with the westward city of Achyon, with the city preparing for an inevitable struggle. With word of a necromancer being harbored by the Basrburg controlled city, the Faith and Order both prepare to stamp out the corruption.

• The Stellus and Lightbearer have both made vows not to harm or hunt dragons, to which amiable relations with the Fireblooded have been established. Further talks are in the works, however.

• Following a meeting with the leaders of the Tribe of Moxtli, the two factions have come to a more official alliance. The treaty, signed by officials from both sides, is pinned and readable to all members of both territories. 

Quote:
The Treaty Of Entente
Between
The Allied Forces of Osrona and the Tribe of Moxtli

Contained within, the undersigned agrees to conform to all terms listed until the definitive conclusion of the war with the Barsburg territory Achyon, whether it be via occupation of the territories and removal of Barsburg forces, a mutual declaration of peace, or alternative conclusion to hostilities, acknowledged and agreed upon unanimously by all of the undersigned.

The undersigned further acknowledged the multilateral Treaty of Entente to be a temporary agreement, enacted and adhered to only until the conclusion of the war with the Barsburg territory Achyon.

Any premature dissolution of the alliance and nullification of the Treaty of Entente must be agreed upon by allied states.

i. All allied parties shall formally declare and agree upon borders of their respective territories. For the duration of the alliance, no hostile action between allied states shall occur within these borders.

ii. All allied states agree to consider any existing debts rendered null and void so long as they are seen to participate in the fight against the Barsburg territory Achyon.

iii. All allied states unanimously agree to allow access to resources networks, with a resonable tax of one-hundred coins per visit. Each state shall reimburse the other states within the treaty twenty-five percent of all proceeds to better fund their own endeavors and militaries.

iv. All allied states agree to formally and honestly declare their intentions with the Barsburg territory Achyon, its assets, its surrounding lands and territories, and its people and agree to abide by these intentions. All allied states shall furthermore clearly outline the extent to which they will participate in the war against the Barsburg territory Achyon. Should intentions deviate at any point, all allied states agree to inform all of the undersigned as soon as reasonably practicable.

v. All allied states agree that, upon the conclusion of the war, the territories and assets of the Barsburg territory Achyon be evenly distributed between all participating states.

vi. All states shall be permitted to provide two Diplomatic envoys that shall boast complete immunity in any of the allied territories. In the event an allied state is found in breach of the treaty resulting in its dissolution, these envoys should still be recognized for their immunity and treated as such, so long as the envoys were not responsible for any breach.

All states agree that in the event of a breach in the agreement, the state in breach shall be disqualified from the alliance and any of the aforementioned agreements. All states acknowledge that a breach in the treaty shall see a formal and abrupt end to any alliance, and, depending on the severity of the breach, maybe accommodate an immediate declaration of war.

All states agree to, at the conclusion of the war against the Barsburg territory Achyon, review the state of the treaty and agree upon an extension under new provisions and stipulations or a formal, respectful, and immediate dissolution of alliance.

All allied states shall offer signature below as binding agreement of the above terms henceforth, from the time of signature to the agreed conclusion of the war.

Signed,

Geztelle ven Pelleaux - Stellus of Osrona, Speaker of the Stars
D'noxa Aba - Shaman of the Moxtli, Dancer of the Spirits
Talacael Meztin - Chieftain of the Maloti Tribe
Ixcatzin, Chieftess of the Azcatil Tribe
Amori - Radiant of Osrona
Alistair ven Pelleaux - Knight-keeper of Osrona

• The city and church both has denounced and excommunicated the actions of the Starfire Prince and his fellow family members who have defected, aiming to bring a swift end to their supposed rebellion. 

• Security has tightened around the perimeter of Osrona, with the Order of the Second Dawn apparently preparing to mobilize. Tension remains high, but further remarks are to follow.

[Image: Ly7VqYE.png]

The City of Magic:
1804 AC

The Summer of 1804 is a hot one, claimed to be the hottest yet but Osronans have said that every year since the black winter came. The Easter Festival transpired without a hitch and people are looking forward to the warmth the current season provides. Markets bustle with common folk and merchants alike. In lieu of the recent knighthood ceremony, crime has dropped dramatically with reports that several witches have been captured back to back.

"The new Knights of the Second Dawn are as strong as they are ambitious and they have that in spades!" A newspaper reported.

The western front of the war has been quiet since Osrona claimed the celestial territory (and by extension the Primordial Dungeon). Here, in these dungeons, the trials for the Archmagi continued. The Primordial Eos, the Blind Goddess looked favourably upon those who transversed her solitude to prove themselves worthy.

[Image: 3XvM9op.png]

Emerging from this, one man was declared Archmagi of his people, Amori. He addressed his people when he returned. His agenda, future hopes and plans lay bare for all to hear.

Quote:"Before you I stand to announce myself as your Archmagi. The leader of our city and it's guardian.

It was said through the trials and tribulations of the Primordial Dungeons, an Archmagi would be crowned. The Radiant Daughter, Eleshnora guided us through trials of virtues to teach and prepare us. The Blind Goddess, Eos looked upon our hearts, tested our mettle and made judgement. Revealed to be the same Primordial who chose Mikhail Petrakis so long ago. With her light in my hand, I was chosen and so I will lead you all forward.

Like I did before Eos, I pledge to you all under the light of the stars above, the Gods both Old and New, that I will relinquish myself fully to Osrona and her people. I hereby swear, you will be given the prosperity you all so wholly deserve.

Pray that the Gods give me the wisdom and strength to not only carry out but surpass the promise I am making. To lead you into a better age that we can reach only together.

The trials of the Primordial Dungeons may be complete but we will continue our exploration of the Old Gods. To enrich our city with the old history of this country. From here on, any obstacles will be met with the knowledge that the Gods have answered our calls.

May the Gods, both Old and New, guide you."

With this crowning achievement, the City of Magic has decided to host that of an age-old celebration, a Gala to commemorate the occasion of their first Archmagi. 
Denizens and allies of Osrona far and wide welcomed.

In other news..
Osrona will venture on an expedition to the Crypt of Silver Knights. Soon after, preparations are made for a witch-burning.
To the dismay of the church-goers, the Order of Dawn stands by for future war efforts. People of the city pray to their gods that an end is in sight. 
Only time will tell.
[Image: oRdpmKystev_ssmKd1-PWJM4Q1W0hOb_9al05yJ2...ZyDiz-yspI]
[Image: b9TNPZa1D3--OJlvVinegEWSVSO7-1hsN2s-iSVE...EaRM6zJkBM]

1805AC

Quote:Activity was at an all time high throughout the tribes. Three of the four patron spirits of the Maloti Tribe have been awakened by the combined efforts of all within the Moxtli Tribes after a successful expedition.

An advance towards the Silverwall mines, to officially claim the land as their own led to the Moxtli triumphing over Achyon, the death of a Commander within the ranks of the expansive empire ended the battle by the hands of one of Moxtli’s own.

With their recent victory, the decision to declare their intentions to Achyon once more. Trik Gutterrunner and any students are to be handed over to the Moxtli Tribes to face retribution, Ex-Chieftess Ixcatzin was also formally requested. If their demands were to not be met, war would finally come directly to the lands of Achyon.

• A meeting between Yoshiko Taiyang, Itzcali, and Gou Meztin transpired on the island of Starfall. One where the two sides came to an agreement. Starfall would become Moxtli territory, with Yoshiko acting as it’s Overseer, so long as the Tribes are able to protect the island from the encroaching threat of Achyon.
  •  As the dust settled upon the lands surrounding the Silverwall mines, only the forces of the Moxtli would be left standing upon their newly claimed grounds. A battle that would yield a cost greater than just losing their foothold upon the area.
  • The battle that took place between Moxtli and Achyon held the death of a prominent member of the Achyon military, Neoni Faudain was slain by the hands of Talacael Meztin after a duel between the pair started as they fought surrounded by the armies that clashed.
  • After the crushing defeat of the Empire to claim the mines, Shaman D'noxa Aba made good on her word to sacrifice their prisoners if the Empire pushed for the battle. Before the assembled Tribes two prisoners would be sacrificed in a ritual of Spirit and blood to empower some strange mana core.. possibly the one stolen from Achyon those years ago?
  • Three of the Maloti Tribe’s Guardian Spirits have been awakened. Tlalli, the Toad, Ixtlitli, the Weasel, and Eznite, the bear. The last of those three, required the entire tribe's assistance to awaken. Only one more spirit remains, Xotonal, the Vulture. Preparations for the last expedition seem to be underway.

The City of Magic:
1806 AC

The seasons of autumn, winter and spring come by swiftly in the past year until it encroaches on winter once more. A colder winter, maybe only because of the war that looms on the horizon. The bold declarations from those factions all around the City of Magic do well to stir chaos.
The common folk stew in uncertainty for what is to come.

Alas, though, long overdue, the Archmagi of Osrona finally addresses the state and his people in response to this: Declaration of War by the Fireblooded, Deep Company and Grimmore.

"Prepare yourselves, this is going to be a long one." The newspaper warns to those receiving this by bulletin rather than by ear. And boy was it.

Quote:
"It is with a heavy heart that I must address you so soon. I promised prosperity and instead we sit on the precipice of war. I understand your doubts yet do not despair. I promise you there will be no demise during my leadership. People once thought to be allies turncoat and strike our backs. I'll explain how it came to be for the majority who are as confused as I was.

The Gala of Ascension was a night of celebration, ruined when Orodyn Vartuul assaulted an Astor boy. It took only the mention of the Astor name to stir him into a mad rage. He ignored an honor duel request, demanded nobility be revoked and lunged at my throat. Varceal Vartuul and Lannis Grimmore joined his defense. They struck out at unarmed civilians, opposed justice and cared none for the dishonor of the assassination attempt. What followed was an execution and justice dealt when the defeated Orodyn requested his life for his captured brothers. Osrona honored the request even when we did not have to.

This leads us to today, where our beautiful city, Osrona sits at an impasse of war. A war with the poor rationale of revenge with far more nefarious goals underfoot.

Some claim mercy could have been shown however appeasing weakly-loyal allies only works for so long. As much as you do not want to hear it, this was inevitable. They disrespected hallowed terms of neutrality and showed they will not respect our sovereign rights.

Varceal Vartuul says the bloodshed will not be stopped and in the very same breath says that he is reasonable.

The Dragonlords demands show incompetence. To suggest the rich history of Osrona's Heroes be replaced by pirates is disrespectful. Putting a dozen coin-chasers as this cities militia is not only uninspiring but has to be a cruel joke. The leader of Osrona is one recognised by her people not put in by another government and the title of Archmagi is bestowed by the Old Gods.

The Grimmore deals in lies and deceit. The same boy who is putting you, who is putting Osrona in this predicament via usurpation is asking you to help him. He chooses not to stop all of this. Lannis once sought redemption from the Stellus, to earn his keep here and swore a blood-pact. He's broken it the second opportunity arrived.

There's something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.

Osrona is a meritocracy and I am the example, an orphan who earned the title of Archmagi. Our revered Church pulls no strings and the Pelleaux work like anyone else, devoting themselves to the prosperity of the people. Under me is a council, however, I, a commoner make the final decisions. It was my decision to honor Orodyn's request when knight-keeper Pelleaux awaited orders.

As for the pirates (an image is plastered in the middle of the recorded speech).

[Image: z50dJkb.png]         [Image: PUN8Tkc.png]

These are the people Osrona's enemies want to be this cities militia. These letters are unfathomable. Lawless pirates and opportunists seek to self-impose themselves upon our city and its sense of justice. That's all this is, a war of conquest with threats of genocide if they do not get their way. They saw an opportunity and they seek to plunder.

However, one thing the Holy Order of Dawn will not tolerate is threats against the innocent. 
Unprovoked attacks against our citizens will be met in kind.

People of this country, Esshar, I implore you to see reason and fight for the light. Do not be swindled by these lies and darkness. This war is as uninspiring as their speeches, it is for no greater purpose. Their so-called leader has to employ pirates, unable to rally honest men to his cause. They're manipulators and liars. Do not be mindless sheep in their corrupted herd.

With this speech comes our stance on Achyon. Moxtli brought the treaty to a sudden close thus we'll be issuing a ceasefire with the City of Achyon.

The Order of Dawn will be focusing first and foremost on the defence of its home, Osrona and the surrounding territories that make up her city-state. As it always will, her people and her sovereign right will be the first priority. And like time immemorial, our knights will fight for justice, honor, righteousness and reason in these times of conflict.

To anyone that wishes security and safety, I offer Osrona's walls to you. Travel and trade will be slow for the next few years. Leaving our walls difficult but you will sleep at night knowing dawn will rise tomorrow and the light of Kraus will shine upon you. 

To conclude, I was informed recently of an old saying that Osronans used as a battle cry. If there's one thing to take away from this address, let it be this:

Hic Sunt Leones. It means Here be the Lions. Lions do not back down. Nor will Osrona."

Following this address from Archmagi Amori, Osrona announces war against the Fireblooded Temple in the north and the Sirenian Pirates in the south. Ever preparing to fight a war on both sides.
The Treaty of Entente with Moxtli confirmed dissolved.

In other news..
Osrona begins to garrison the Baleford Bridge and surrounding territories.
Expeditions outside the city become more frequent, the Order of Second Dawn seen preparing for a closer-fought war under Lightbearer Cristole's strong leadership. Knights and non-magi soldiers are withdrawn from the conflict in the west with Achyon.
Alistair ven Pelleaux rallies knights for an expedition north in an inspiring speech.
[Image: tuxpi.com.1603756344.jpg]
GARLJING'S COAT
It seems after the declaration of war, the dragon council has grown, and their alliance fortified with both the deep company and that of the tribes as well, but it seems long overdue that they would speak to the people who have to be caught in the crossfire of this war. Flyers would fall upon each city - each nation with statements made from the temple that would serve the five divine.

Rumors would soon spread that the Dragonlord Varceal Vartuul was waiting on word of osrona- to see what they would do after having a conversation with some of their kind.

"But it seems that now is the time to address some of these words."
Quote:
Dragon lord Varceal Vartuul : "To the Archmagi I will speak directly - you announced that with a heavy heart that you must inform your people that war is upon them, there is no need - for this war is not for them, it is for you and the two who would conspire to kill my brother. Who plotted torture in front of my own eyes and even dared to ask would I oblige to seeing him hurt. Was this something you didn't tell them? - the people who are supposed to trust you simply because of your rank, or maybe simply trust the two who conspired with you simply because of their name?

At what birthright does it give to think of such cruel ways to hurt a man - To dare say that indeed killing my brother was mercy with all the things you and those evil nobles came up with that night. I recall it all and I am not ashamed to say publicly that I begged for my brother's life, that I warned you that if you were to kill him instead of me you will be putting yourself in war. And what did you choose Amori? war and now you dare ask the people who serve you To trust you? Why would they not Amori, what have you done to betray their trust should it even be a request if nothing ill-willed was done?

I awaited .. I accepted some of your own people for a meeting without violent action to discuss how to bring the war to an end before it even started- six of your own men agreeing with me that what was done was wrong and that you will have to pay the price of it... But now you hide? Behind brick city walls - behind your corrupted council... behind what you did, you would condemn all around you to die and shed their blood for your own mistake and the mistake of Alistair and the Stellus? Instead of accepting the terms and paying the price for has happened, you would rather see that all those around you give their lives just so that you can live a day longer. Amori, how many of your men have left you already - how many of your people have taken refuge within another city.. if this was simple warmongering they would have been dealt with already - if this was simply for Vengeance and not honor then I would have killed them the minute I saw them.. But still, they live - and they can testify against your claims of my actions and that of the Deep Company.

Because they know Archmagi, I did not ask for help when we started this.. They came because it was the right thing to do. You are a coward, a dog backed up in a corner clinging to whatever it can to survive. To throw away everything for one chance of survival. And now I will speak to your people to tell them the truth... People of Osrona I am not your kin - but I am not your enemy. I will not simply strike down innocents as they cross my path, for my blade is not against you - it is against him. Look to the people around you and ask yourself this, how many of you have been attacked- how many of you have simply been assaulted since I started this war. I think you know the answer...

I will tell you what I think Osrona - I think that under the investigations of Vesper and even some rulings that you have seen for your own eyes, that the rumors are true. And the Osronian Hierarchy is compromised with the puppet strings of witches, Six or Seven of them came to your own home and broke down your walls and attacked to regain one of their own. And now they simply seemed to vanish? Did you not try to take back your prisoner? Where is the retaliation for them, did they not attack your Arch magi- why did they deserve to live but my brother dies? I will tell you why.... Because they have infested your ranks Osrona... Amori, Alistair and who else knows are puppets for their games."

Quote:Dragon Lady Duniya Vartuul: "Their archmage feeds them propaganda and sits in prayer that his people will rise to his defense when retribution flies down upon him. Over a heretic with Dragonslayer blood within them, they chose to murder one of ours. Were it not Orodyn, it would have been his brother. The city to the east has always been ridden with liars, cowards and thieves. In opposing their lies, we operate at a distinct disadvantage of being honest, honorable and blessed warriors. Unlike Amori offering his own people a blissful fantasy of safety and security, I offer you, my fireblooded, my sweet brothers and sisters nothing but truth. The truth is, some of us will die, and it is for naught but the sake of slaughtering those who sat by and did nothing as they took our best and brightest from us. My intent is to hang, draw and quarter every last knight and loyal citizen behind their walls, until Amori and the Order are disbanded and forced to hiding or death. I pray yours is the same. I cast no illusion of a revolutionary intent, I care not for the fate of the city’s governing. I seek only one thing. The Order of Dawn will see its final sunset before this campaign is finished.”

Quote:Dragon lord Dezmond Graves: Peace was an option we were robbed of, a life stolen from this world in the most heinous of ways. Yet, what can I expect from the empire so deeply connected to witch craft. The history between witches and those who live within is tightly knit in this day and age.

I can only promise to remove the corruption, by cutting off the head of the snake itself.  Once the archmagi is gone and a wiser magi takes his place, this bloodshed can end. Best believe we are coming for those personally involved, from the arrests, to the execution.

I had information to pass and a document to discuss terms for Orodyn’s release before you all went and killed our brother in cold blood, and it made me realize how emotionless and sinister you were when you asked for it so casually as Varceal walked right by you with his brother over his shoulder.

Peace is a thing of the past now, dark days approach for you all.

Quote:Leader of the Felcloaks and Dragon Council Member Vesper:"It's amazing how FOOLISH Osrona has gotten to believe that anything a witch says, especially in convicting someone else of being a witch, while being a witch as well."
"Do you not know sense?"

Quote:
The words from a councilman of Theria it's self, Azar Barak : "The people of Osrona should use their heads. This is not a battle that has to lead to the entire city being filled with smoke and fire. This is due to the actions of a few and the many always are the ones who pay, if the past will teach us anything it is that we need to learn from history instead of repeating it. Forsake the honorless Leaders who brought down the wrath of the mountain, stand down and step away.
Fire is coming, one which cannot be put out."

War efforts would continue and the attacks on Osronian lands will continue for as long as it takes - it seems Garljing's coat has made their choice and promise that death will come to those who would Codone Orodyn's unjust death. The alliance between the Tribes, The deep company, The Crab Army and The Fireblooded remain untainted and untouched.

[Image: but_you.png?width=956&height=265]
You started this war
You were given a choice
You chose war
You will fight, but not for your people
You only fight for your life.
You say I want to kill them all
You are mistaken
You are the one I want
You are the one who will not survive this war
You should know if any others are to die
It's because You misguided them.
[Image: ykgcQUW.jpg]

Quote:"Ah, for just one time I would take the Northwest Passage

To find the hand of Marendille reaching for the Kerdan Sea
Tracing one warm line...….. through a land so wild and savage
And make a Northwest Passage.... to the sea...…"
The Deep Company - 1807

The ruby sands of Siren Beach have been befallen by a still tide; the usual frivolity and carefree nature of the Deep Company suddenly falling silent. It is not long before the news spreads all across the continent of Esshar; the First Mate of the Sirenian pirates Murtock “God’s Guts” Reave had been mauled to death by a wolf of Moxtli.

The captain of the Deep Company called some previously kidnapped reporters for a conference. He had this to say.

Quote:“The true king of New Atlantis is dead, long live the king. My older brother always looked out for the little guy despite his size; he possessed a gentility and beautiful soul unlike almost any other gifted with his size and brutal nature. He was fearless in battle, bold in diplomacy, careless in mirth, and free in spirit to his dying days.”

There appeared to be a brief pause while the captain drank profusely. It was filled with a dusty ad for Scuttle’s Crabberdashery. Crab merchant, crab prices.

Quote:“His death will not be forgotten. It will not be forgiven. Though his soul has sunken, there is yet lifeblood beating to be reaped by the depths. The black mark is upon Luna; I will not offer a bounty for a worthless creature, but I will have my retribution. “

Another pause, this one seemingly for finding more alcohol to drink before continuing. There are further ads depicting the variety goods of Scuttle’s Crabberdashery, including the already in production dynamic Murtock Reave figurines.

Quote:“This too is a year of mourning. My brother had many enemies and many friends abroad; all those that seek to mourn him shall be able to. This year, the Deep Company withdraws from all active conflict upon the continent; our hostilities with Osrona and Achyon have officially ceased. All those that seek to pay respects to his grave upon the beach will be under my protection. The remainder of this year and all of 1808, the Deep Company lays down its arms.”

A date for a funeral near the end of the aforementioned year appears to be set; a likely gaudy memorial service in which Murtock will be remembered by his friends and enemies alike. Such are oft the same on the long and lonesome tides.

(Funeral - Friday November 6th)

The City of Magic:
1808 AC

The highlights of the past year are the victories Osrona achieves on both the northern and southern front of the war. The Deep Company is repelled and the treasure obtained from victory is immediately redirected back into the city. With their claim at Baleford fortified and garrisoned, the City of Magic takes a key forward position in the war.

On the matter of internal news, there's a clear direction to focus on building up infrastructure in the less fortunate districts of Osrona. The Faith has been taking a frontline role in providing homes for the homeless and food for the poor. Alongside this, some smaller pieces of legislation have passed.

Addressing his people once victory comes, Archmage Amori takes to the stage:

Quote:
"Two victories back to back against both the Fireblooded and the Deep Company has cemented us as a city to be respected, however our enemies made a grave mistake in sentencing our citizens to death.

They've awoken something within us. A light that fills our chest. A resolve that will bend mountains and part the seas.

Like hyenas they flocked, clawing at this lion's ankles and then claim unjust when we bite back.

They mistook Osrona's mercy for weakness - her kindness for stupidity.

We returned Balmung as a sign of goodwill to the Temple of the Fireblooded and it did naught but turn such a blade against us.

No longer will Osrona and her people shy away from her rich history trying to appease inconsistent demands.

I am proud of Osrona and our blood that runs red with all of the Heroes that came before us.

Dragonlords and Varceal, I'm talking to you now. I told your brother to soar high and he flew into the sun and now you lead your people to their deaths, unable to accept justice decreed. It's war you wish? Then so be it.

I've realised trying to appeal to reason won't work, so instead it will be our iron will you'll see.
You started this war but Osrona will be the one to end it."

With a fire stoked in their chests and momentum at their backs, the esteemed Order of Second Dawn charges from their position at Baleford Bridge to the nearby Tarian Mounterlands. Another claim of territory is made. If they're capable of taking this territory, it'll put them on the map on the western side of the country; adding to the Celestial Territory and Baleford Bridge they currently occupy.

Naturally The Faith of Osrona is spread to the towns and cities the knights occupy. The Order of Dawn offers enlistment opportunities as well. Due to these efforts, the number of cadets and soon-to-be knights is on the rise. 
[Image: tuxpi.com.1604530565.jpg]
[Image: b9TNPZa1D3--OJlvVinegEWSVSO7-1hsN2s-iSVE...fNDJKS.png]
1808 AC 

Much has happened within the heart of the Moxtli Jungles since the outbreak of war. Talks of internal focus and reconnecting with nature are an everyday thing on top of the guerilla warfare tactics that the Tribes are known for. 

More importantly, the blessed of the spirits have come to a decision that the time for reflection and rebranding has arrived. The members of the Council, new and old, hold a meeting to determine where the future of the Tribes will lead them.
Quote:Shaman Gou Meztin: I made a speech similar to this not too long ago, didn’t I? Except last time, it was me stating my ascent to the mantle of Chieftain. This time? This time it’s me stepping down. I never wanted to be Chieftain. Being a shaman was my true calling,  yet, as you suspected Sparkle, there wasn’t anyone truly ready at the time. So, I took it.

Held it, and didn’t do nearly as much as I would have liked with it.

I’ve fallen into the same bit of tiredness, and inactivity as Talacael … I too am no longer fit to be Chieftain, and thus… From this day forward, the mantle will fall upon your shoulders, Shining Sparkle.

Make me proud.

Quote:Chieftain Itzcali: Kin. Allow me to say first and foremost that we have failed you. We have failed ourselves, and we have all failed each other.

When the Black Wolf swept across Esshar and the Pandemonium Chase occurred, many o' wicked men and women were slaughtered. Our kin and the Moxtli Tribes that formed from our arrival were placed here to carry out the will of our respective patron spirits, which includes gaining strength, conquering, and sinking fangs into those who would seek to disturb our way of life or the balance that we seek to uphold.

But in the same blessing, we were not put here to hunt the humans. To attack every one that we see. We were meant to guide them. Protect them. Keep them in check, as the Black Wolf did. To flourish as a culture and a people and expand to push our kin and Esshar as a whole to new limits. New heights. And with that being said.. we've failed so far.

All of our allies and enemies alike are advancing in multiple ways, while we only focus on who attacked us last, and how we can pour their blood out to make up for it.

That isn't what the Spirits want.

The spirits would want us to be the ones leading the race in every aspect, not just strength on the battlefield. And while we will still put a heel to the necks of Achyon, I need you all to understand that there is more to all of this. More to life. We need leaders who have a vision for the future - and try as I might, I cannot find that path forward on my own. Which is why we turn to the youth. Moxtli's future is to be one that showcases more than just our strength - and to prove that, I am putting my trust in Yaluk and the Iyali Tribe to bring out that future.

The Nagual Tribe has dramatically decreased in number over the years while the Iyali have multiplied. It is only just that their Tribe have a Chieftain on the Council to represent them as we move forward.

So that is my decision. I will remain as an advisor for the next leaders of the Tribes and pass the third chair of the Council to Yaluk Ixtan. Spirits Guide.

Quote:Shaman D'noxa Aba: We removed our foot from the neck of Achyon and the Docro, and that was a mistake.

Unless one of the Council were to voice a sudden disagreement, it is now formally before you all that I say it's time we finally make a true push. We've robbed their factory, we've kept them from our lands, we've rescued Tono'tli from their clutches.. Yet we've never really hit them somewhere that hurts, and we've yet to lay claim. The Docro manor will be our target, to either destroy or occupy and stage a siege.

You're all overdue for proactivity, but I believe this to be a breath of life for us all. As long as we can stand together. We've let petty divisions form, something I won't claim I have not done myself. We've let our bonds wither, and it's time we strengthen them once more.

After the former Council spoke their piece, the new additions gave their statements and visions moving forward. Starting with the artist formally known as Shining Sparkle.

Quote:Chieftess Rachelle: I’m in full agreement with D’noxa’s stance on Achyon. While they might not stand a chance against us now, who knows what they could be up to? They’ve been given too much room to breathe and get comfortable. I mean… they’re even holding a bunch of weddings over there. The sooner they're out of the picture, the sooner it'll be that our citizens will be able to feel completely safe again.

What else, what else- Oh! I’ve always believed part of what’s made us stronger than places like Osrona and Achyon is that we’re able to freely share our voices with one another and be heard. With that being said, if any of you have plans for things you’d like to see in Moxtli- expansions, new structures, or any general suggested reforms? I’ll listen and aid in your cause as well as I can. It doesn't matter what rank you hold within Moxtli so long as you're one of our own.

As far as promotions go, I’ll work on organizing the ranks more here very, very soon. Something I’ve made known before that I’ll state before you all now…? Is that I agree wholeheartedly with Itzcali's choice- Yaluk would be a fine addition to the council.

Quote:Chieftain Yaluk Ixtan: Itzcali is right. Our traditions and roots have been skewed and lost in the sands of time- warped into something that they should not be. Many of you watched as Luna- may she rest in peace- attacked humans indiscriminately and chased off any potential additions we could've made to our forces.

This is not the way of Moxtli. This is the way of savages. I don't understand how a lot of you even viewed such a thing as remotely acceptable..
I respect our culture. I love the history of Moxtli. But is it not time for some significant change? Is it not time to realize that these so called 'roots' do nothing but bind us and force us to behave and live our lives a certain way?

While you have demonstrated time and time again that you have more than the capabilities to lead this beautiful nation... we must stray from this philosophy of war being the solution to everything. Much like what Itzcali said- Achyon has made unparalleled technological progress while Osronans have become significantly more attuned with themselves in the short time that we took the back seat.

I want to cultivate what we have here- on the inside of these lands. I don't want us to portray ourselves as bloodthirsty, vengeance-seeking animals.

We will deal with Achyon in due time, I promise... but let our people grow. Let our technology grow. Give us time to create the bulwark that will defend the peace of our people- unlike anything else.

This is what our ancestors would want. This is what the Spirits would want. We have always been superior to our enemies- and I think it's time we keep it that way. Assist me in creating our Academy, our Research Center... and in honor of the brave Moxtli warriors that have perished in the past... let's figure out a way to resolve conflicts without unnecessary deaths.
War efforts against Achyon are now fully underway, and several large expeditions are planned moving forward. Only time will tell what the new leadership of the Moxtli Tribes will bring to the World Stage.
Topic Options