PotayoYour local bad DM.
Quote:Key: PotayoEC
Event Preferences: ALL ( I honestly do that because I love improvising, so I can stop rebirthing characters. I also love helping people. )
Contact Information: Astronomique#1754 (Discord)
Anything Else: I'm a new DM, so I might be doing some mistakes here and here. Don't be scared to be honest with me, it's always been with honesty I've learned better.

If you want to tell me if I was a good boy:

Quote: Wrote:Key/Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:
Key/Character: Dragmire Ruinfall
Which Event: Descent Unto Darkness

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 9/10, little to no waiting around.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 7/10. It was a fairly brief, short story, but not bad for a beginning to start from.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 6/10, while the theme was good, it was far too short.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 8/10

Overall: 7/10

Any other comments: Would highly recommend trying to flesh out story and detail more in future events, because while theme was good - It clearly wasn't thought out beyond a brawl.
Key/Character: Alyssa cos D'Arnette
Which Event: Flash Frozen Flame

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 There weren't any real delays.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10 The EC was wild and hit like a truck, but it made it interesting.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 11/10 I enjoyed all of it.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 10/10 Even if there seemed to be an error with the rewards, it wasn't your fault.

Overall: 10/10, especially for a newer DM you did amazing <3.

Any other comments:
Key/Character: Aki Kurokaiyo
Which Event: Flash Frozen Flame

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): I'd give it a solid 9/10 very quick
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battle I had was very good. Pretty balanced though there was a little bit of adjustments. 9/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):10/10 Story telling was pretty good imo
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)10/10 The punishments were pretty fine for a high coi event

Overall 10/10 very nice dm

Any other comments:Nothing really, longer events with him I bet would be even more fun though I get how draining it is to dm. So its a tad bit short. In the end though I'd definitely request another event.
[Image: unknown.png]
Key/Character: Sicks Seven
Which Event: What Waits in the Dark

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quickly, the narrations were fun and well planned, leading towards desirable development points for everyone included who wished for it. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Balance was iffy, but it was one of his first times messing with these systems I believe, it ended up being a good learning experience for everyone and in the end it was all fine. We didn't leave with any more than we bargained for. 7/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Storytelling was great, I was really impressed with how the story tied together with all of the development we requested -- it is actually useful moving forward, not just a few hack n' slash moments for a temporary shine. 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Very fair, good punishments. He didn't shit on us! It was great and tied together with development, in my case I can say. 10/10

Overall: 10/10 Potayo, keep working hard and learning. You were very quick about having this set up, the rewards were great, the dev and story was great. I would definitely have you again! Thanks man.
Key/Character: Sicks
Which Event: What Came First, Chicken or Egg?

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quickly, he took a lot of time to prepare this and it showed with the fast narratives. He premeditated this very well. 9/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): There was only one fight, and the balance seemed quite fine. Sicks is simply too much of a chad, else it was relatively possible but also difficult for the others, even myself at times. 9/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was memey but fun, of course this was expected and overall it was funny and a good time. I can tell the DMs had fun with it, and even I enjoyed it despite being restless and moody. 8/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Well, we walked away virtually unscathed and with the requested rewards. Can't complain! 10/10

Overall: Very enjoyable, again Potayo. Your balancing was much better than the last event, can tell you're learning well. Overall you're improving. Another event well planned and quickly prepared. Would definitely use again! 9/10

Any other comments: fuck bojack
Key/Character: Alyssa cos D'Arnette
Which Event: The One Who Was Not Forgotten

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 No delays!
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 12/10 This event was very important to the character's involved for story and dev reasons, I couldn't be happier.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): There was no real reward beyond the IC/dev, but it couldn't have been more worth it!

Overall: 11/10

Any other comments: Best Potayo <3
Key/Character: En / Theo
Which Event: The Ruby Crystalarium 

Responsiveness: 10/10; You did fine in this category. Seriously quick when you needed to be.

Balance: 7/10; The first scene with the brawls was very smooth. I didn't know if I'd win or lose versus our simulacrums. Mine was especially rough, which is what I expected. The reason this isn't higher is due to the end fight where it was steamrolled and beaten like a sandbag in a Super Smash Bros. game. Highly consider using large scale AoEs, Waves, and other attacks that can land 90% of the time for your ECs.

Storytelling: 4/10; There's a lot to work out - I'm going to give my honest review and try not to miss anything. For a Chance of Death with mild story elements, it fell flat. Hard. In the beginning, you did an amazing job in decorating the field and painting the atmosphere with the music and all else. But things need to be more streamlined in the future. There was a lot of downtime between moments that were engaging.

You need to engage the whole party and ensure everyone is immersed. Fluidity is inanely important and keeping everyone reading / writing should be your main focus. A lot of the traps fell flat, and in the future you should avoid giving people injuries from walking through a hallway or suddenly asking people to roll a D6. Make traps and puzzles and riddles interesting and unique! You can make injuries feel deserved with D20 rolls in the future. Maybe we have to climb a mountain, maybe we have to leap over a vat of acid and spikes.

Try your hardest to push the party along so that there is consistency in the pacing. If this were an event with more injury rolls, we'd have been there a lot longer. I seriously think you'd benefit from seeing a fluid, nicely balanced event.

Oh. And for the future, please try to keep the insanely immersion breaking narrates down to zero. When the 'can of beans' was thrown around, the whole event seriously lost all of its steam. I can absolutely understand doing it in a less serious event in the future, but when "Chance of Death" is invoked - Every moment should feel harrowing.

Fairness: 8/10; This ties into the above. Traps and such- Making injury rolls feel real and not forced.

Overall: 6/10; What you have here is a decent enough understanding of what an event is meant to do, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I know you can do it, Pots.

Any other comments: Work on your injury descriptions. Balding someone is funny, but it isn't cause for a -VIT tax. Keep goin', kid. You've got a lot to learn!
Key/Character: Tepa Kamauoha-Amor
Which Event: The Ruby Crystalarium

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):10/10 fastest hands in the west
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): For my fight against my dopple ganger? I'd give that 10/10, never once have I screamed as much as I did when we just went back and forth slapping people
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 6/10 it was pretty good, the only thing I was a bit saddened by was the fact that I narco-d through the rest of it
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) 6/10 booby traps and crippling paranoia are the best that work hand in hand, but..scalping is a weird one I do have to note.

Overall: keep up the good work fam! You're doing alright and you still got a good way to go practice makes perfect

Any other comments: dear god i'm so sorry for narco-ing during the event, please forgive me
[Image: Home.png]
Key/Character: Szora
Which Event: The Lost Stone

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Definitely quick enough to remain engaged. A lot was prepared, and what wasn't was managed to be weaved in perfectly. 9/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Considering my temp count.. great. Heh. 10/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story was great, the lore was awesome. A lot of fun encounters and interesting dev mats rewarded from this. I really enjoyed it all. 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Actually had a lot of fun fighting these ECs. Just right I'd say. 9/10

Overall: Had a great time. 9/10

Any other comments: Thank you for running this for us and the effort you put into it, great work. poor jaeger......
Topic Options