KihaAwakened to Tragedy and Greatness
[Image: 5581c7f6f745c44fe6b18fbf22cb308f.png]

I always dreamt what it would be like, to stand towering over any man. To have a forge larger than the greatyaks of Grimhjall's pastures.

But, in all the legacy, all the glory self-proclaimed, I never once truly believed my father.

If I had only believed, waited, and stayed faithful, would I have come to be as I am now? Or was it my ambition, my desire to know the truth, the merit that earned my stature?
What does it even mean, to be a Giant? How can I know, when I have only been one for a third of my life? Trapped in those cyclopean synapse, listening to fragmented thoughts of a fragmented being so great I cannot even begin to imagine his glory. My mind, sundered by the wonders of the Primordial of Pavonis, and only a portion of the true greatness.

But like Grimnir I awoke surrounded by stone, far colder, far less reverent than those of the Bodi's ruins... I am like an echo to a greater era, a shadow of a true champion.

So then why did I, born with blood too diluted to see my head rise over the trees of the northern forests, emerge from that cavern with burnished flesh and taller than any man?
To lead? To stand at the front as those around me perish or....

Even worse, become defiled, hollowed versions of themselves?

These thoughts ran through a Giant's head rapid-fire, ricocheting off wisdom, narrowly missing composure. A crash as solid oak breaks into splinters in the depths of a hallowed clan hall.

They not only took her from me, they turned her flesh against me. I never truly understood what it was like, to feel like a child was lost. 
No wonder my father wept when I left for the Restful Expanse and the clergy returned to Grimhjall without me.

[Image: jaN1HQ3.png]

I wish she knew, how proud I was.
[Image: c603523eebb1995b6af75201658c5a0c.gif]
They say a child isn't suppose to pass before the parent.

Yet, it seems to be my curse. Ymir, I do not know why this is the way things have played out. Are you preparing me for something? What could be so terrible to require it?

Just shy thirty years ago I met a boy on a bench, brooding. I saw such potential in that boy. One of my own ilk. Of red skin, just like me. Talented. At home in the forge.  He pledged his hammer to me. And together, we forged a vision, through betrayal, through loss. You never wanted to have the throne. Perhaps watching me warm it all these years revealed to you there is no rest in putting others before you. In sacrificing yourself for a vision.

But despite it all, you never chose to forsake me. Despite others urging you to take my place, you chose me as your emperor. As your teacher.

As your father.

I thought I would never experience this pain again. But here I am, and your our legacy continues. The future is in capable hands and yet I still feel as though I have not done enough. That I've failed them, and you. Is this my price to pay for greatness? Tragedy?

All I can do now is give what I have left to the future. To ensure what we started is finished.

Wait for me, son. I'll see you soon.
[Image: 7818dae9496df707ce644842563fd30f.jpg]

What is death to a Primal?

I have asked myself so many times, how is it my miracles have taken from the sick their illness? How did Shaggard bless warriors the same as mineself, and the priest-smiths of my halls churn out works of prayer wrought in metal and cast in shagreen grip? But now I know. Primals, Constants... they don't die. Not like a mortal does, no, they're still there.

I hear his whispers. The love he had for creation. The reverence he possessed for life. I weep now, as divinity courses through me, burning. Pseudo-apotheosis is not my desire. I will not become more than a mortal. Oh, my dear boys. My dearest girl. In the coming months upon the tome recovered my pages will manifest my story.
That invitation premature, but so tempting.

I hope you all know how dearly I love you. From one came ten, but it needn't remain that the Will that split cannot express itself once more.

I am so very, very proud of you all.

May the eleventh that comes guide you with His wisdom.
[Image: 46e794990ac57cdd8e5856e59348e560.jpg]

And so, in a book, kept well and safe, did pages gleam.
A story written from start to finish in aether, letter by letter come to its end.
Completing yet another chapter in the Book of Giants.

fin
Topic Options