tomorrow's sunshineHouse Eilpeiros - The Armorsmiths and Jewelsmiths of Delphina
[Image: House_Eilpeiros.png]
“I am not a forger of deadly weapons, nor am I a creator of battle machines. I make the rings that men propose to their wives; I make the crowns that kings and queens so proudly wear; I make the jewelry that the nobleman uses around his neck as to appear of importance; and I may make the components that one day may find themselves in a weapon, but certainly only years after my passing, used by those that do not honor the blood of my ancestors or my children.”
Eilpeiros, 1632 a.C.
[Image: unknown-removebg-preview.png]
There is a name. A name with fame, that two hundred years ago would've been known by every commoner, and it is the name of House Eilpeiros. And that name, well, it had reason to be so famous; house Eilpeiros and the Eilpeirians were the most renowed Armorsmiths and Jewelsmiths of a time long gone. For a hundred and fifty long years was the house in decline, eventually giving into vassalage under Great House Al'britu, until now, 2003 a.C, when the betrayal of Caliel stripped them of their nobility and gave way for a new house: Eilpeiros.

That name... it certainly said something more other than armorsmithing. In the times of Eilpeiros itself it might've said racism against humans, who were not allowed to be made part of the house, believed to be why the world was decaying; and in the times after Adrieth Eilpeiros, who let humans in, it spoke of the absolute refusal to do anything that might be able to harm other beings.

But ah. All of that is history, isn't it? Yes, yes it is, and little does it actually matter. The new Head... the new head is lenient. Yes; he wouldn't mind giving you a weapon if he trusted you well enough, but his focus is still on what his ancestors made with so much proficiency, and like tradition, those under house Eilpeiros aren't there to fight for the Head or to help him and only him, but are there to learn from soneone more experienced, someone greater than them; and as such, those 'under' the house are treated as equal as the head itself.
[Image: unknown-removebg-preview.png]
With all that clarified, it is clear house Eilpeiros is not a noble house in the traditional sense. No, they are more akin to a house of artisans so great, so talented, with people that were once so influential, that it warranted them the honorary title of nobility. They have no formal hierarchy, and an apprentice artificer is almost no different than the second most experienced artificer employed in terms of power, though generally, the more experienced the artificer, the more worth their word carries.

What is expected of an Eilpeirian is not dying loyalty to their Head, or incredible experience in fighting. No: what is expected of an Eilpeirian is that they simply follow the role that was given to them and help and initiate projects, always, always aiming above all for the objective betterment of Delphina and never, never seeking to harm any other being.
link baiano reborn
It was for just a moment,
for just a moment that the House of Eilpeiros was considered High Nobility, and Olórin basked in his glory,
but soon the Queen of the Greathive would take the Throne of Seasons and declare herself the Queen of Delphina.

And so Olórin became a Traitor, fleeing to Aphros; but matter it did not. The man could still be seen willing to provide services for those who wanted it, and in his mind, he was still a noble. Nothing changed: House Eilpeiros is still the same, just in a different place.
link baiano reborn
Topic Options