Quote:
All who had helped me make my quill.
space
Searlas
Elaena Viserys
Han Hein
Hel Saint
space
They had all found their rest, leaving me to bear it.
space
Searlas and Hel Saint were monsters, with dedication to their crafts at the expense of others. 
space
Elaena and Han weren't. I had my problems with the former, but the latter was nothing but kind. Despite her ruthlessness, Elaena only sought to protect. 
space
Because of my parents, I had believed myself to be of Searlas and Hel Saint's ilk all my life. 
space
Because of my family, I tried to live as Elaena and Han must have. 
space
I lived yearning for their rest, believing myself to be unworthy of life as the former. I died as the latter, not wanting to leave those whom I'd loved behind. 

Why had my life been filled with such duality at every end? Must there be so much of it?
The authorial intent of fate was inclined towards tragedy.

[Image: unknown.png?width=474&height=669]

Quote:
As the blade fills my body with the magic that clashes with the punishment my parents left me.
space
I find clarity. 
space
I had done wrong, I was born one that cannot be trusted into a world of those that cannot trust.
space
All for the parents that chose to birth a serpent.
space
To be stabbed in the back, through the heart. Metaphorically and physically. It is exactly how I expected to die.
space
Yet as more of the holy mingles with the occult.
space
My final thoughts are not of what I face after. Whether it is Helish torment or ascent as Asmodai. Whether I truly rest, or if I'll be whisked back into the world.
space
They are of my family. What do they face after?

The clarity of the cosmic truths and law fill the hole of the heart. 
The sights of what could be play through the mind. 

[Image: ananke.png?width=420&height=670]
Quote:
The daughter I didn't know I had.
space
Master of the metaphysical just like her father. 
space
So regularly does she visit me. Making sure the flow of time does not cause her father to wither. 
space
She shows me the presentations of the future she wishes she could have had with me, played in the shadows I found comfort in. 
space
More grandchildren, those that carry my blood through her... even the divide in my hair seems to be ingrained in us.
space
They remember, they bear it for me.

[Image: unknown.png?width=451&height=670]
Quote:
The daughter I had the chance to teach. 
space
She lives as I had, but hopefully without all my mistakes. 
space
Carrying on the business I'd made for myself. 
space
The legacy. The strategy. The lessons I've given her in the effort to make her father proud. 
space
For me, she bears the weight of the world I'd left behind.

A memorial.
So many visits. Those I called my pupils. Mya, and her children. Etsuko who carries Asmodai's will at her own expense. 

Cerdryn. The one who chose me when not even I would. The one that may never give up on what she wants, though I'd robbed her of myself. She can't be too pleased with me, but when I think of her. 

When I think of them all. I may find it in me to forgive myself. To deliver my own judgement under law. To be happy to have met them, to be happy that they have met me.
Topic Options