ChanceTurn-Based Combat Discussion/Brainstorming
As I have displayed several times with retardedly good luck and instant game wins on deck-building roguelikes (winning my first runs on Slay the Spire, Fights in Tight Spaces, Balatro, Cobalt Core, etc), and the fact that I am a fanatic for Fire Emblem (and unfortunately a veteran of Sigrogana Legend 2), a tabletop omni-threat and an overall number nut,

I will win literally every fight with this.

There will be no exceptions.
I've thrown up a Discord thread in suggestions for easier brainstorming. Good posts though, making me think about the interactions to consider.
Right as I'd just thought of implementing a card mechanic in my event plans (Approve them please :[)

But yes please, turn-based ftw.
Honestly, im fine with turn based combat. But Im more concerned itd draw conflict on a debate war on "Should Meranthe default combat system be turn based or real time", im more worried that we're going to have a split community on this sort of thing and we're not be able to know what type of combat we do unless there's some rule that states otherwise. But I need some spice in my life, and turn based sounds great. I'm kinda getting bored of the real time rpb gimmick, and this is tickling my fancy.
Topic Options