radioradio dm
yeah, so what, i'm doing this

i'll likely only do events that are heavy on personal dev/goals that interest me

radio#0401

this is a place to leave reviews as i am now doing my first

Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:
Character: Ascella ven Grimmore

Which Event: Garden of Life

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Most were pre-typed ahead of the event which shows good preparation, the reactive narrates were handled quickly as well.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Aside from a mishap with the Tremor spell bringing everyone's FPS to 5, the rounds were hard but fair, with many MMO-esque patterns and phases implemented in each fight. The final fight could've maybe been swapped around with the middle fight pure intensity wise, I feel like the Decaying Willow was a harder opponent personally.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I really enjoyed the intro to the event being an overworld scene with Claramonde first like a quest NPC sending you to your destination after a short briefing. Most events you kind of just show up somewhere and go from there, so it was very refreshing. The setting and threats fit the theme of the event as well.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I feel like it was pretty fair overall. Maybe one of the more unfortunate attendees could've gotten a redo on the round where they downed to the tremor shenanigans as it was more so the dm's error and it did end up resulting in a perm for them sadly.

Overall: Very impressive first event. What was lacking in experience was made up for in preparation.

Any other comments:

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: ascellachibi2.png]
First.

Character: Callahan K. Gardios.
Which Event: Garden of Life.

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very responsive. Almost as if this person has done DnD before... :eyes:
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The fights were fun but hard as expected for HCOD, while also being entertaining. Honestly, may have been some of the most enjoyable event fights around, especially for their first time. Cool gimmicks that they played with, each pertaining to the event characters we fought.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): A small adventure, heavy DEV event. Best part was that it started IC and tied immensely into IC, though, Radio is a very IC player so hard to expect anything less from them. Would be interested to see how they handle bigger-scale things.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Had some problem with people opting out, so perhaps reward-adjusting if that happens in the future but nothing to complain about here.

Overall:  :)

Any other comments: N/A.
Character: Fenyx cos Gelmont.
Which Event: Garden of Life.

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): No issues here! Was very fast, probably faster than me.. *sweats*
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): I really enjoyed that the ECs were strong but weren't entirely overwhelming if you were careful, and displayed patterns similar to an MMO.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Even though I was a late addition, I really appreciate the work that went into the story and I enjoyed it a lot!
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): No problems here at all! Things seemed fair, and the punishment to rewards ratio was more than acceptable.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: No more Ents or bugs please, thanks.
Character: Camilla Yarborough
Which Event: A Dark reminder

Responsiveness: Literally instant. No waiting at all.
Balance: The fights were fun and challenging, but not too hard. Much like MMO boss fights that you learn and work around, but get hurt badly if you slip up.
Storytelling: We came to pillage an Osrona village, and we got exactly that, and then some with a neat twist.
Fairness: :ok_hand:

Overall: 10/10
Character: Lyanna

Which Event: Hamlet Heist

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Same deal as the last event, prepared in advance so no delay between encounters.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The group of Magi with similar bars but their own elemental touches to them was probably my favorite encounter, though overall I think it could've been made much harder. I barely got hit by anything and when I did, it took maybe 5% of my HP. I feel like you could've made them a little tougher personally, especially taking into account that the patterns were learnable and avoidable so it could have punished mistakes more.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Stuck to the setting of a siege very well and had connected events unfold that made sense.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Overly fair for the rewards offered.

Overall: 8.5/10
[Image: ascellachibi2.png]
Character: Emerson
Which Event: A Dark Reminder

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): incredibly responsive with both seeing what we were looking to get out of the event, the injury table posted in the event chat, as well as quickly getting approval and updating us on the status and day/time.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The bosses were hard but they had patterns that you simply had to pick up. Like if you messed up you absolutely would go down - I went down twice, but fortunately my rolls saved me.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story itself was cute. Short and sweet, to the point.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Definitely fair, allowing someone else to take one half of a -40 vit perm.

Overall: 10/10. Very cute; the rewards also were extremely thematic and cute.

Any other comments:
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
Character: Attor Isolde
Which Event: Hamlet Heist

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Narrations were quick and well written. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles were pretty fun! My only thing is that most bosses had the same kind of pattern going on but the variation in magic kept it interesting. 8/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Yes. 10/10
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Everything from the injury chart to the battles were fair and balanced. 10/10

Overall:9.8/10

Any other comments:
Character: mountain girl
Which Event: A Dark Reminder
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Super quick.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The fights were very fun. All I would change is make the damage output higher.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The event was more of a combat-focused one so there's nothing to complain about, though a puzzle or some sort of mental exercise is always welcome in my eyes.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): The rewards were great and fit my expectations.

Overall: ten outta TEN

Any other comments: another thing i enjoyed was that there was not a single time where anything felt like it was dragging out, which is rare!!
Character: Celaena Dayndros
Which Event: Coming of Age
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): They were very quick to respond! Not to mention they were very well descriptive but to the point, which made things move very smooth all in all.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles were very fair, especially the first two. I almost feel they were perhaps a bit under tuned for the strength of the party. Actually, you know what - it was probably the build that was used which made it harder for them to deal decent damage. (Using shadow magic on an EC is brave, I applaud you.) So I think it was more of a build issue rather than a power issue. In comparison, the last boss was perfectly tuned. While I wouldn't use black hole with that amount of power, ever other move was very well tuned and challenging as it should be. (I got to close to a single black hole and was downed with almost a full bar of health.) Having to complete the blood puzzle on the door was neat and it took us a bit to figure that one out, so that added a lot of flavor also. All in all, aside from the OP black hole - it was super well balanced!
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The idea of the story was very straight forward. While it felt like an adventure, some parts were also a bit predictable. That's not always bad though, considering the group went there knowing what they were in search for. So that evens itself out just fine. This isn't a huge issue given the adventures context and reason.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Very fair event. Though there is always room for more risk. I am a risk junkie.

Overall: 9/10 

Any other comments: You are such a sweet individual, thank you for taking the time and effort to run this event for the Rhoynish.
Topic Options