Poll: Do you think Sustain is fun to play against?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
17.07%
14 17.07%
No
71.95%
59 71.95%
Other
10.98%
9 10.98%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NikolaNeijuIssues with Sustain
johannes turned my asshole sideways in spars
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
instead of losing your mind on the forums about sustain you should lose your mind IC and buy curse
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
sustain is beatable, but is is one of the things that also gets quickly out of hand when paired with certain hiddens ( mana absorb, crystal auras, etc )
the biggest thing though is that it just isn't fun to play against imo. it isn't that long fights aren't fun, because they can be. it's that watching their healthbar tick back up to 70% as you're out of cds is traumatizing

edit: heals in the game are fine. best way to nerf sustain and make heals still good? nerf all the auras with heal tics. axe them.
also, do the dr change whatever that is, fuck dr !
if u play sustain and beat me up i will look at u like this  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Healers in PvP settings are always problematic with things to counter them or not. They have to try less to win battles versus those who are fighting them. 9x out 10 everyone has played a healer or sustain build or character in one game or another so you know how it is and you know what you have trouble with.

With hiddens to amplify healing or add more to their kit. It makes it harder to fight, more annoying for people who don't have the right build to fight it.

Occult being one tree with built in Curse.

Or having a Jammer Gem. (Which means you wont have Warcry for their CC, which most Sustain builds have now anyway...)

There are multiple things that can go into Sustain being "Good" or "Strong" or "Annoying" however people want to word it really.

It just boils down to looking at how the game is. You can combine spells. So 1 healing ability by itself isn't strong, obviously. It's when multiple trees that have 1 or more healing spells in them it's when it becomes a bit too much.

Maybe try a limiting concept like how you can't have Occult/Holy at the same time?

Where you can only have one healing tree per character maybe?
ur.com/vcmm6[Image: SwES7N6.gif]
I finally have a good build after 3 wipes and NOW you all want to nerf it?

I hate this game.
(08-23-2022, 02:55 AM)Folian Wrote: Enna's build was cancer though. God, nerf crystal I beg you. Life Steal is one of the most broken stats in this game. People wonder why Vampires were so OP at their peak (the answer was alpha vamp aura.)

Enna's build was so much more than just life steal, though upgraded crystal auras being made a public master is fucking hilarious to me.

You can't look at crystal on Enna and say it was solely the reason why that build was insane.

Enna had nature, so ingrain 13 SD heal, teraphim racial, which healed for another 12 SD over 4 ticks of 3 SD respectively. Green crystals, which healed for 3.5 SD or something around there can't remember exact number on it. That said, I didn't even use crystal intermediate to spawn a bunch of crystals, all I used from crystal was its opener and shimmer blast to spawn crystals and it was more than enough to get what I wanted out of the tree in terms of sustain.

The 10% lifesteal was just an unexpected bonus for me at that point.
(Not to mention I also was approved for a unique that had a full strength life steal gem on it, which was VERY based.)

I didn't even stack DR on that build. I just stacked raw flat pow and just fucking killed people with vine whip + ebeam into crystal javelin stun + prismatic pillars + shimmerblast. Which is not even a combo that is possible in the current E4 meta. ( be relieved folks, because that combo was fucking stupid, i'll fully admit )

(08-23-2022, 02:29 AM)Mouse Wrote: i think a lot of people's issues with sustain comes from, as it has always been, being able to stack multiple instances of DR and healing on the same bar to become untouchable.

So, once again, sustain builds come back around to being what Mouse said. A combination of a lot of different instances of healing that build off of each other and create something extremely annoying and monstrous to deal with.
[Image: comm_round_2_19.png]
(08-23-2022, 01:26 AM)chance Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 12:58 AM)MuscleWizzard Wrote: ...

this video is very old & you are losing because vines/mandrakes stick to you, which has since been fixed

not to say the sustain spells aren't contributing, but it's not a great reference considering how drastically different the movement speed is now

Old or not, the speed of summons is still faster than people's running speed.

It has gone to the point that despite having been nature four times (three times in a row too), and never liking mandrakes?
I ended up actually recommending mandrakes to people in E4 just because of how good they are at sticking to people and act both as body blockers with the vines to make it hard to move AND be great at "drop and forget" ongoing damage since their shots will rarely miss when done near point blank.

I'm supposed to be the guy that HATES mandrakes! Recommending them to people just feel so, so wrong  Sad

I'm envious.
The problem with nature right now is currently mana costs.

I have yet to fight a battle in which I don't OOM at least once during a round. And that's without having to spam mandrakes throughout the RPB at 10 mana per cast every 5 seconds.

I believe there have been a few people who have actually rebirthed OUT of nature due to them consistently running out of mana and losing because of it.

This reason alone is why a lot of sustain builds tend to put points into mana. Because they NEED to.
Even as a non-combatant I find sustain to be a bit unpleasant to watch. Especially when paired with damage resistance.

But it is nowhere near what it was that time when myself and a couple others are why we fight in magically appearing boxes now...

Long live the kite sustain build of 2016...
[Image: dOmPfIR.png]
Topic Options