DeuteragonistAn Ultimatum For An Immortal

Reports would immediately reach the Dreadwoods that their very own Kanyzo Tyranny, daughter of Nanzo, had been captured by The Owl, a lone vigilante operating out of the Shimm
ering City. A letter found its way shortly afterward to Faustus, stating there'd be no negotiations, and that they'd kill Andre Osrila, and so he was to do with Kanyzo whatever they wished, a fact the Lightbringer himself would then publicize. 

Along with a very public statement to follow. An invitation, for every Promethian, every man and woman of Novus, of The Dreadwoods, to get back to the man at the helm of Nanzonia, and for them and all of their allies to see, as well. Faustus is sure it makes it to print, is spread through as many channels as he could manage, is sent by letter, to many officials, but every place it was written, the statement is the same:

Quote:"You may not remember me, Nanzo, or, 'The Tyrant', or whatever it is you call yourself nowadays, as I'm sure you don't remember the faces of the hundreds you've wronged. Ciel and Sylas will have their revenge, now, one way or the other.

Sylas was a greater man than you ever could be, and I'll prove it now. 

Come try and release her. I welcome it. Ready your ships, corral your men, after how effortlessly they were handled today. Siege the city as you did years ago, when you took the life of my closest friend, and a hero known throughout the city. Step foot into this place and fight me for your daughter, your own kin, like Sylas was willing to fight for his
. I will stand, blade to Kanyzo's neck, and you will come, with your armies, with your allies, and you will fight me for her. If you do not come yourself, I will slit her throat. 

And she will die knowing that her father, who she devoted her entire life to, was a coward.

So, Nanzo, what will it be? Time's ticking, and the world is watching. My brother took your arms. I'll take your life, like I took Taipan's. Death comes for us all, eventually.

Just ask Rajak."

An invitation for them to raid to save Kanyzo Tyranny, a shot at her life, on one condition:

FAUSTUS vs. NANZO, 
OSRONA vs. NANZONIA.

Quote:
The deuteragonist often acts as a constant companion to the protagonist or someone who continues actively aiding a protagonist. The deuteragonist may switch between supporting and opposing the protagonist, depending on their own conflict or plot.

It was not long after Faustus made his announcement to the archipelago that the presses of Promethia would stir. It seemed that yet another press release was required, and so swiftly after the last one at that. The Major-Domo and first free synthetic of the city had this to say in response to the incendiary words of the Lightbringer.
Quote:
Perhaps I wasn't clear with the first letter. No daughter of Nanzo will ever allow themselves to be exchanged for an Osronan. I understand education in your city has fallen low; after all, you still tolerate a necromancer in your midst fighting on your behalf. But the statement remains the same. Your Radiant is dead, don't try to make a game of it. Osrona is no foreigner to executions, get on with it and stop wasting our time.
The synthetic's cold statements seemed to reverberate the stance of the Tyrant in this regard; the ironclad position of Promethia in regards to dealing with such matters.
Quote:
Nanzo has already won, you'll never get your dead friend back. It's clear he's on your mind even now, decades later, but you can be certain he's forgotten you. The alliance of three nations, a rogue necromancer, and all of your combined might couldn't even scratch the rift gate; we've no reason to humor you any further. Give the girl a good death, or she'll handle it herself.
[Image: d8xu1ey-9852ad39-79ba-4a45-bee3-b7d85b3c...wdNpMnWGts]
[Image: unknown.png]

The streets and roads speak. They whisper and betray. Their frightful utterances carry a branded message.:

"SONS, DAUGHTERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF KANYZO TYRANNY.
I GRANT YOU MERCY;... HOPE.
THOUGH  MY OFFER - HER TIME - IS LIMITED.

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR TO RILE HIM OUT,
THEREAFTER HER PARDON IS ABSOLUTE.

SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE,
I WILL LEAVE THE HANDS OF GOD TO DO WITH HER AS THEY PLEASE.

you have until the end of the year,
her fate is in your hands."

It is clear that it seeks to pile a revolt, discrepancy amidst Nanzo's most loyal.
That they would stand up and seek his daughter's safety.

"THE CLOCK IS TICKING."

Sinka grows 
In rows
In front of the gate of osrona

From the distance a blackened figure lures.

The rumors of what is said.....

"You all think my sister to weak, that she wouldn't die for the right cause... She isn't like you."
"Has this not been proven before?... has she not roamed within your walls... Fought countless battles with your people.... Do you not know your enemy? We will never surrender.. and every name that past through the gates of hel Is recalled here unlike most of your unsung heroes... Kanyzo."

"Show them that you are not cut from their cloth, that your construction into the woman you are today is an alternative to what they expect... To you owl..."

"We will come for you... It is a cycle of hatred, but a cycle you showed up to.. far to late and now you will only be the forgotten son in the end, I will come for you soon."
[Image: c6e18f0d105a606911deeeed1d34b598-png.jpg]
And now the end is near... 
And so I face the final curtain. 
My friend, I'll say it clear. I'll state my case of which I'm certain. 

I lived a life that's full. I traveled each and every highway. 

Somewhere within the depths of Osronan jail, A woman is left unattended with a bucket of water. She had no weapon, No fight left in her or so she thought. The time in which she viewed the world was warped, Hampered due to another however in the time she waited it felt like she had almost an eternity to wait.  

To think about everything she had done in her life. Only for her to end up in a situation once more where she was at the mercy of shimmering dogs. But this time she was going to do it HER way. 

"Nanzopel, Nazo, Shadrach, Heinrik, Vitate.Virion...." 
She takes a deep breath. 
'Nyx, Father. I love you all very much, I'll see you when the light's turn off for you all." 

The bucket of water in the corner of the cell becomes her escape. It becomes her catalyst to return from which she came. The dark embrace of death itself. 
Kanyzo Tyranny formerly Swan Queen descendant of Robin Lux Queen had perished on her own terms.
"hic sunt Nanzoes"
Topic Options