TattlesEpisodic Eternia
The post above isn't appealing to my eyes and I'd like it to be fixed.

I agree with Jumpy. That will be all.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
A wipe based RP game sounds ugly anyway. The community for Eternia works, they do things and have lives. The appeal is the continuous story that's added onto as the months go on. There is no point in doing anything when it'll get cleaned away in a month or two. Wipes don't fit Eternia in my opinion.

Quote:In Spires the spire shards were used for massive projects that quite literally shaped the arc they were a part of. We have the same item only renamed with new fluff, and instead of seeing a Deathstar, a Riftgate, or whatever else, we have had I believe 5 Chiron shards total.

2 were eaten in a haha meme.
2 were turned into white oils.
1 turned into a Teraphim (this one was me, admittedly)

Make White Oil actually important and like a milestone for alchemists then. Walking around with 7+ perms isn't cute. I have no idea why White Oil isn't a master tier alchemist hidden that needs to be apped for and judged a bit harshly and cost a lot of fairy powder and soothing reed and perhaps brewed once a year. You fix that issue.

Chiron isn't important in E3, it just isn't. In Spires, everyone had a baseline reason to get a Spire Shard since that's why anyone was there in the first place. A Chiron shard doesn't matter to any new gen child aside from 'it does cool things'. The plot for E3 and its current narrative doesn't exactly allow for anything cool to occur. Maybe I'm just not thinking 13045 miles outside of the box. So, I'm one of the two who used it for White Oil because... what else do I do? Give me examples, concrete ones, of what you can do with a Chiron shard because I surely had one sitting in my chest for two days and all I thought about was the sweet +25 vit I was getting back... As a Priest in the Church with heavy IC with cosmic. Lay five ideas on me.

The timeskip was fine in the beginning then fell off the rails. The introduction of random plots in the middle of plots kill things. It happened before the timeskip. There needs to be a medium that we aren't correctly doing with player introduced plots and admin introduced plots. The former is better than the latter because the latter gave us Theria then demons immediately. We were introduced demons due to events and player IC then mimics came out of nowhere. These need to be handled better or everything is either overwhelming or it's popping for three days then dies soon after.  

Constant war and stagnant peace kills the game and makes it stale very fast. War with boring IC and peace that brings about boring IC because no one does anything during the peace. Holding hands gets lame really quickly. Killing each other gets lame really fast. 

Let arcs conclude. Mimics shouldn't have been introduced that quickly and randomly. Demons should've had time to flourish and fun stuff with the Coven could happen but, again, there was also an approaching random war arc after a month long war arc. Can we RP something else? Like legitimately RP something else? Constant wipes just make Eternia like one of those Naruto RP. The last wipe wasn't even five months ago and another is already being discussed. The answer isn't making something then chucking it away, do better with what's presented else it'll be a constant cycle. The current IC can be revived but no one wants to talk about the real issue with that.

What to RP? Growth and expansion, revitalizing Theria and Ilburg. The Coven is still a thing, demons are still roaming around but some recent incidents kind of made them a joke. We have an whole mob running a city, reviving land of snow people, quiet witches, roaming demons, underground shenanigans, child armies, IC with Teraphim who committed literal genocide. There's stuff there that just sits there. RP something else and do something else. Roam and walk around, bring about RP and these small plots because unlike Spires that had an overarching plot, E3 relies on smaller plots in a way. We either need to work for a less boring and interesting overall plot for E3 that isn't what it currently is. This exact 'plot' was happening last month. Acknowledge it and simply do anything else other than shooting the game in the foot. Why this is even a discussion is because the game was shot in the foot. It must just be an issue with the players in all honesty. Many wait instead of doing and doing is more fun than 'growth has happened magically and the plot for it was written from thin air' instead of RPing that out. A story crafted over many, many months by the players is Eternia's appeal, not that stuff happening for us and now it's magically a decade or more later.
[Image: guintitus-1.png][Image: rykermatryona.png]
Quote:As a Priest in the Church with heavy IC with cosmic. Lay five ideas on me.

Chiron Project Ideas (I'm really just going to spitball them here. I did 2 major spireshard projects, each one beginning as a single wild idea that I pointed myself toward, so even if these sound crazy, I don't think they're impossible.)

Cosmic/Holy Aligned:
Starpowered Golem (Used as a defensive EC for raids)
Holy Forcefield/Sanctified Zone (Demons/Witches/Occultists can't enter)
Surefire Witch Detector (metagame arguments aside, you could absolutely make one of these with a Chiron gem, the mechanics would have to be discussed obviously.)
'Superb' Blessing (the Church already has the Blessing skill, imagine what would happen if you threw a Chiron into the mix)
Fountain of Divinity (something that heals injuries without kits, sort of like white magic but as its own World Wonder. Again mechanics would have to be discussed, but that's how these work.)

Other Ideas for anyone reading this:
Plague/Disease spread through some IC means
New Alchemical/Artificer Projects (unique potions/transceivers/mechanical wonders)
A Skeleton Key that lets you unlock any door (I had this idea on spires but never actually did it)
Something that Controls the Weather across the whole map (could be used for some big IC things?)
Enslave a Dragon with Chiron
Capture a powerful Spirit/Primordial with Chiron? (kinda the same idea as the dragon)
Make a bomb (it's been a meme but who knows what would happen)

I can sit here and continue listing them off but I think ultimately the best ideas are fit to the IC of the players and the world. A lot of these ideas might seem super crazy, and I'm sure some of the other admins on judgement team are squinting at me for even suggesting some of them, but I didn't ask when I did my spire shard projects. I didn't think about being denied, I apped and waited to see what would happen.

I think a lot of people think they can't achieve such great feats when really they're afraid to put in a lot of work only to be denied. I think generally if you have the IC power (found with a Chiron shard and whatever other mats you have) and the will to churn out dev logs to justify your project, a lot is possible. You'll need to be flexible, as what you ask for will very likely be changed or altered to better fit what the administration sees as fair or balanced, but that's just the nature of the beast.

Tragedy made a pocket dimension for crying out loud, and though that likely took a lot more than a single Spire Shard, it goes to show that the possibilities are wider than anyone might believe.

This has gotten a bit off topic I guess but I do want to point it out. I don't believe Chiron/Spire Shards are unimportant, I think they are just so criminally underused or underrated that no one realizes what they can do when they have one in their hands.
[Image: unknown.png]
Here are my extremely flamin' hot cheeto takes:

Take the map, reduce it to 1/4, get rid of almost all the overworld. Nobody actually cares about it. Put on your imagination cap.

Remove the 'always IC' rule. Consent to scenes outside of cities.

Remove the capture rolls. Police dangerous encounters administratively. Foster an environment of cooperation instead of hostility. (This means, in effect, you're always at the mercy of the other player during a danger loss).

Liberally leverage bans, temporary or otherwise, at any RPer acting disingenuously or hostilely on an OOC level.

Work on the community. Remove bad-actors, foster new growth.

Foster a team of DMs you can trust. Allow them free reign. Encourage bigger events with high impact.

Encourage exclusivity to those same events.
(06-22-2020, 10:17 PM)Tattles Wrote:
Quote:As a Priest in the Church with heavy IC with cosmic. Lay five ideas on me.

Chiron Project Ideas (I'm really just going to spitball them here. I did 2 major spireshard projects, each one beginning as a single wild idea that I pointed myself toward, so even if these sound crazy, I don't think they're impossible.)

Cosmic/Holy Aligned:
Starpowered Golem (Used as a defensive EC for raids)
Holy Forcefield/Sanctified Zone (Demons/Witches/Occultists can't enter)
Surefire Witch Detector (metagame arguments aside, you could absolutely make one of these with a Chiron gem, the mechanics would have to be discussed obviously.)
'Superb' Blessing (the Church already has the Blessing skill, imagine what would happen if you threw a Chiron into the mix)
Fountain of Divinity (something that heals injuries without kits, sort of like white magic but as its own World Wonder. Again mechanics would have to be discussed, but that's how these work.)

Other Ideas for anyone reading this:
Plague/Disease spread through some IC means
New Alchemical/Artificer Projects (unique potions/transceivers/mechanical wonders)
A Skeleton Key that lets you unlock any door (I had this idea on spires but never actually did it)
Something that Controls the Weather across the whole map (could be used for some big IC things?)
Enslave a Dragon with Chiron
Capture a powerful Spirit/Primordial with Chiron? (kinda the same idea as the dragon)
Make a bomb (it's been a meme but who knows what would happen)

Really nice ideas. The IC at the time of having both Chiron shards, in my opinion, didn't exactly allow for any cool, wide scale projects like that. Two wars and intense conflicts. One could argue that it's the perfect time but not really when people are banging on your door for war. No one is really thinking of cool Chiron usages. At least we sort of weren't. Ideas weren't concrete, as these are and just 'let's do... something...!'. I had a Spire Shard once to hold and I ended up giving it away in exchange for $5. So, I personally never had the chance to brainstorm cool shit or even see any cool feats achieved.

I believe something should be compiled and posted on the forums that documents projects with Spire Shards used in the past. Like how apps are archived, these should be, too. It would urge more people to pursue them, especially players that have never had something that allows for the impossible/unachievable by normal means. But yes, off topic but not entirely since it also deals with ways to bring cool IC and plots to the game!
[Image: guintitus-1.png][Image: rykermatryona.png]
long post time? maybe. this has kind of seemed to merge with other discussions on the suggestions.

The large appeal to Eternia, is and has always been really, the lack of wiping periodically. I don't think doing that would help the game at all, or looking at it as some episodic set of books that have a concrete conclusion. That takes away from the factor of the players shaping the story in a largely sandbox RP. That also being said, timeskips periodically are not a good idea either really. Frankly in my opinion, in the case of e1, which is where I started playing for a good number of years. The announcement of spires and its related timeskip for it, all but killed peoples energy to really drive any further plot or change it, it ruined the plans that people had as well as just led to an abrupt end to a game that still had a lot going for it in terms of story and such. Cinderfall v Nostvale is sort of a decent example really. Despite the fact that they were a rebel town, they were starting to have a come up and posing as an actual threat to Nostvale at the time, people had certain things planned for in it)which I frankly don't remember off the top of my head, but people were doing things) but ended up just dropping it all once the end was set in stone.

Spires, I don't really think ended on a bad note. The last arc it had, with the Demi Angels and such, was not particularly well liked. While I personally found it neat and thought more could have been done with it, It was what it was. There didn't seem to be much of a way to go after the big bad guy faction(Dawn/Dusk at the time) was all but destroyed. It's remnants had either done what Osrona is doing now, found their place amongs't the other cities, died off, or just left Agartha. It felt like it more of reached some kind of conclusion in a way. The most that really could have been done on that front was more spire stuff, or just introducing some big threat for the remaining cities that coexisted with each other to fight. But it'd probably have seemed a bit forced at that point.

As for e3. I just feel like it's lost a lot of it's energy as a game. Especially when it had a timeskip as early as it did, even if it was sort of one to continue Esshar's plot and revamp some things. It's fun to RP and interact, which is good. But I feel that there isn't much to keep myself attached to the world and the things outside of cities. The cities had their interesting quirks, Theria was sort of like that lawless city, you could do whatever it is you wanted really with very few restrictions and it was quite lively until recently with IC events turning a lot of people away from it.

Osrona struck me as that city that ruled with sort of an Iron fist. One that held a lot of standing and power that whipped people into shape like a large kingdom should, or at least try to, when people stepped out of line. It even had things sort of accurate like nobility and peasantry and a hierarchy because of it. The nobles looked down on the peasantry and the peasantry hated the nobles. Pre-timeskip the peasantry was treated poorly by the 'police' of Osrona that were a separate branch from the military, which caused a divide between the peasantry, the police, as well as the nobles even more to an extent because they sometimes had a hand in the actions.

Myllenoris was the city that tried to keep some form of balance, but wasn't afraid to put it's foot down and kick someone's ass, or help do so if someone threatened such a balance, i.e Osrona, Theria, and Ilburg during the whole witch drama that's since evolved into a nationwide problem. Or at least was.

I frankly never interacted with Ilburg to much, but it kinda struck me as an even less strict, more far out Theria, with it's own little desert charm and banditry thrown in.

Back onto the main point though, as some have said, e1 had lasted for 7 years, I played 3-4 of it. Even if the map wasn't as large and even if it didn't have some of the features we do today, I feel it was a better iteration of how the game could be. Especially with our current features. In my personal opinion, it was more free and open to do things you wanted, to bring changes and events that impacted the world that were interesting a lot easier. There was side plots and things to get yourself involved with often, world events that happened that brought the whole server together and just more creative freedom with how you could do and earn things as well as how you could shape things.

I feel like after e1, that was toned down and stripped a lot, for better or for worse, I think that is up to ones personal opinion, but I think it was for worse. While I've had good memories from across all the games, my fondest ones are from e1 and most things don't much hold a candle to the things that happened in e1 in terms of world building and events. People were always out and about in e1, running into each other in the wilds and causing meaningful conflicts for characters and giving people subplots to focus on, even if it was just some revenge plot, or making some kind of relationship or friendship with someone you met roaming about and involving yourself with their character more. Roaming around outside the city was still dangerous, but just outright being a murder happy person that killed a person on sight, even if they were the worst person to exist, was frowned upon heavily. While it still is, I don't see it enforced as much really or spoken about.

I think the lack of some of this is one of the glaring problems we have now in all honesty. There's little reason to leave cities anymore, nothing that makes the world outside of the city an attraction, at least not often. We had things like the hunts, but those didn't last long. There's a few world events happening now, which albeit I'm a little sad they haven't really been at a time that I can participate, but it's a step in the right direction from my point of view. We could do with more of those, on a smaller scale. Have a dedicated DM or a few hop around the world and look for scenes happening, while it might be a little bit of an interruption to whatever is going on, they could have a little mini event with small scale material rewards, that are either just completely random happenings, or related to whatever someone is doing in that scene, for example, people farming Daemons, have something happen where a bigger and angrier one comes out and attacks them for killing numerous daemon. Let them get an increased reward of the materials related to the thing they are farming and such. Something easy to manage but still engaging, as well as something consequential in the world for their actions.

I think another reason that cities are quite quiet right now as well, is the recent plot happenings, they've quite divided people icly, Theria losing people like Rinn, Magne and co. for example and Osrona getting wiped has driven people away. Their attachments to the area are gone, so they have little reason to stay there or frequent the places anymore and if they do, it's for a very specific reason and they don't do anything there other than that. It just turns around to them sitting around in houses or buildings and RP'ing with a select few, having mostly private scenes, or just being afk. Things still haven't entirely settled down after the end of the recent plot arc, but I think thing will be lively again at some point, without wiping cities and settlements clean off the map.

I've kind of rambled mostly in this post though so a tldr.

Make the world more engaging, small scale events and improvements to existing things(Like the Corrupter in the mines, he's easy to avoid and doesnt do or give much, if anything at all). More leniency when it comes to subplots and events, more avenues for people to pursue such events and more ways to include people outside of a factions inner big boy circle. Encourage people actually going out and starting relationships with other characters in some way, whether it be a friendly or hostile one(ik this isn't easy to push and probably more of a pipe dream suggestion). Make the fact that just killing on first meet caps or without much of any development be frowned upon more and display that message more. There were frequent announcements about it to remind people in e1 and I think it helped. Just do things that improve the quality of life for the game and it's RP in the world really. I do agree with some others suggestions, Like some of peeps, so I don't feel the need to restate everything others have said.
(06-22-2020, 11:27 PM)Kal Wrote: long post time? maybe. this has kind of seemed to merge with other discussions on the suggestions.

The large appeal to Eternia, is and has always been really, the lack of wiping periodically. I don't think doing that would help the game at all, or looking at it as some episodic set of books that have a concrete conclusion. That takes away from the factor of the players shaping the story in a largely sandbox RP. That also being said, timeskips periodically are not a good idea either really. Frankly in my opinion, in the case of e1, which is where I started playing for a good number of years. The announcement of spires and its related timeskip for it, all but killed peoples energy to really drive any further plot or change it, it ruined the plans that people had as well as just led to an abrupt end to a game that still had a lot going for it in terms of story and such. Cinderfall v Nostvale is sort of a decent example really. Despite the fact that they were a rebel town, they were starting to have a come up and posing as an actual threat to Nostvale at the time, people had certain things planned for in it)which I frankly don't remember off the top of my head, but people were doing things) but ended up just dropping it all once the end was set in stone.

Spires, I don't really think ended on a bad note. The last arc it had, with the Demi Angels and such, was not particularly well liked. While I personally found it neat and thought more could have been done with it, It was what it was. There didn't seem to be much of a way to go after the big bad guy faction(Dawn/Dusk at the time) was all but destroyed. It's remnants had either done what Osrona is doing now, found their place amongs't the other cities, died off, or just left Agartha. It felt like it more of reached some kind of conclusion in a way. The most that really could have been done on that front was more spire stuff, or just introducing some big threat for the remaining cities that coexisted with each other to fight. But it'd probably have seemed a bit forced at that point.

As for e3. I just feel like it's lost a lot of it's energy as a game. Especially when it had a timeskip as early as it did, even if it was sort of one to continue Esshar's plot and revamp some things. It's fun to RP and interact, which is good. But I feel that there isn't much to keep myself attached to the world and the things outside of cities. The cities had their interesting quirks, Theria was sort of like that lawless city, you could do whatever it is you wanted really with very few restrictions and it was quite lively until recently with IC events turning a lot of people away from it.

Osrona struck me as that city that ruled with sort of an Iron fist. One that held a lot of standing and power that whipped people into shape like a large kingdom should, or at least try to, when people stepped out of line. It even had things sort of accurate like nobility and peasantry and a hierarchy because of it. The nobles looked down on the peasantry and the peasantry hated the nobles. Pre-timeskip the peasantry was treated poorly by the 'police' of Osrona that were a separate branch from the military, which caused a divide between the peasantry, the police, as well as the nobles even more to an extent because they sometimes had a hand in the actions.

Myllenoris was the city that tried to keep some form of balance, but wasn't afraid to put it's foot down and kick someone's ass, or help do so if someone threatened such a balance, i.e Osrona, Theria, and Ilburg during the whole witch drama that's since evolved into a nationwide problem. Or at least was.

I frankly never interacted with Ilburg to much, but it kinda struck me as an even less strict, more far out Theria, with it's own little desert charm and banditry thrown in.

Back onto the main point though, as some have said, e1 had lasted for 7 years, I played 3-4 of it. Even if the map wasn't as large and even if it didn't have some of the features we do today, I feel it was a better iteration of how the game could be. Especially with our current features. In my personal opinion, it was more free and open to do things you wanted, to bring changes and events that impacted the world that were interesting a lot easier. There was side plots and things to get yourself involved with often, world events that happened that brought the whole server together and just more creative freedom with how you could do and earn things as well as how you could shape things.

I feel like after e1, that was toned down and stripped a lot, for better or for worse, I think that is up to ones personal opinion, but I think it was for worse. While I've had good memories from across all the games, my fondest ones are from e1 and most things don't much hold a candle to the things that happened in e1 in terms of world building and events. People were always out and about in e1, running into each other in the wilds and causing meaningful conflicts for characters and giving people subplots to focus on, even if it was just some revenge plot, or making some kind of relationship or friendship with someone you met roaming about and involving yourself with their character more. Roaming around outside the city was still dangerous, but just outright being a murder happy person that killed a person on sight, even if they were the worst person to exist, was frowned upon heavily. While it still is, I don't see it enforced as much really or spoken about.

I think the lack of some of this is one of the glaring problems we have now in all honesty. There's little reason to leave cities anymore, nothing that makes the world outside of the city an attraction, at least not often. We had things like the hunts, but those didn't last long. There's a few world events happening now, which albeit I'm a little sad they haven't really been at a time that I can participate, but it's a step in the right direction from my point of view. We could do with more of those, on a smaller scale. Have a dedicated DM or a few hop around the world and look for scenes happening, while it might be a little bit of an interruption to whatever is going on, they could have a little mini event with small scale material rewards, that are either just completely random happenings, or related to whatever someone is doing in that scene, for example, people farming Daemons, have something happen where a bigger and angrier one comes out and attacks them for killing numerous daemon. Let them get an increased reward of the materials related to the thing they are farming and such. Something easy to manage but still engaging, as well as something consequential in the world for their actions.

I think another reason that cities are quite quiet right now as well, is the recent plot happenings, they've quite divided people icly, Theria losing people like Rinn, Magne and co. for example and Osrona getting wiped has driven people away. Their attachments to the area are gone, so they have little reason to stay there or frequent the places anymore and if they do, it's for a very specific reason and they don't do anything there other than that. It just turns around to them sitting around in houses or buildings and RP'ing with a select few, having mostly private scenes, or just being afk. Things still haven't entirely settled down after the end of the recent plot arc, but I think thing will be lively again at some point, without wiping cities and settlements clean off the map.

I've kind of rambled mostly in this post though so a tldr.

Make the world more engaging, small scale events and improvements to existing things(Like the Corrupter in the mines, he's easy to avoid and doesnt do or give much, if anything at all). More leniency when it comes to subplots and events, more avenues for people to pursue such events and more ways to include people outside of a factions inner big boy circle. Encourage people actually going out and starting relationships with other characters in some way, whether it be a friendly or hostile one(ik this isn't easy to push and probably more of a pipe dream suggestion). Make the fact that just killing on first meet caps or without much of any development be frowned upon more and display that message more. There were frequent announcements about it to remind people in e1 and I think it helped. Just do things that improve the quality of life for the game and it's RP in the world really. I do agree with some others suggestions, Like some of peeps, so I don't feel the need to restate everything others have said.
plz make the font size of this post bigger, too small Sad
Topic Options