KazukiMind Fray
Sigh... Why am I here again? Time to find out why! As you can tell from the title.

Kazuki Alter here, and yes. This is about Mind Fray, the spell in the Illusion Tree. This is more of a suggestion to its recent sneak nerf. Its RPP has been raised to 15 from 10. Why? Not sure, I've never seen it pose a problem since it's a 3-5 second slow and 7 spell damage. Your average homing slow. It's not weak but it's not top tier from the other homing slows or homings in general.

As we can see here: 
[Image: unknown.png]

Compared to other homing slows/homings in general:
(.5 more spell damage.)
(Recently got lowered to 10RPP...)
(Has a -10% DR to your opponent.)
(Has poison ticks which basically puts it up to 7-8 spell damage.)
(Has an initial tick and Burn tick)

So as we can see here, there is a lot of homings similar or just plain sight better than mind fray. And before I get down below that two of them cost 20RPP because they're openers, well yeah of course but I'm fairly sure if they weren't openers, they'd be 10 RPP too. As a matter of fact, Bolt used to be 10 rpp until it got switched to the opener position from shock.

Not only is this a little bit questionable as to why the RPP cost was raised if you think about it, the cost of the tree has also been reverted back to what it was before all the opener rpp changes. So instead of Distort costing 25RPP and making the whole tree cost 85RPP total, it's back to being 90RPP total ruining the whole purpose of the opener prices being lowered. None of this was notified and it's kind of unneeded seeing as Mind Fray isn't that strong of a homing compared to the other homings that I showcased. Especially since early E3, it was supposed to lower the opponents DR by -10% for the duration of the spell similar to Wither but no longer exist and is just an average homing slow. So, to make things all better!

Suggestion: Lower the cost back to 10RPP. It's a metaphysical tree and much like the other metaphysical trees out there, all the basic spells cost 10RPP with their intermediates costing 15RPP. Yes, Illusion Flurry is the only Metaphysical public tree intermediate spell that costs 20RPP which is absurd. So to make this suggestion more favorable for those illusionists out there. Lower the cost of Mind Fray back to 10RPP or lower the cost of Illusion Flurry to 15RPP to make things more even. There really is no reason for Mind Fray to be 15RPP that's kind of bonkers.

Thanks for reading.. If anything is wrong state below, please. No salt or passive-aggressiveness allowed either.
Alternative
[Image: cLqE2F8.png][Image: 6a80e83f676006462821fa550d8d8339.png]
Topic Options