QuatralUnder the Guns of Halcyon
"For too long the land of Esshar has been graced with our Empire's disinterest. My superiors? They call me insane, a fool...

I will prove them wrong."

[Image: barsburginvasionevent.png]

For some time now, the war machine of Barsburg has been silent along the coasts of Esshar, its final remnant in Achyon reduced to little but cinders by the dying light of the Phoenix Chamber. Yet once more does it stir...

The rogue Commander Mika Tarpova sets sail from Aegis in disgrace, intent on restoring her Empire's honor and that of her men in an unsanctioned invasion of Esshar. Barsburg's failure on the backwater continent remains a stain for its legacy, something Tarpova rightly intends to rectify in their arrival on the continent. Rogue elements of Barsburg's mechanised infantry have already begun digging in on an island off-shore, preparing for an eventual land-fall upon Esshar itself.

[Image: barsburginvasionevent2.png]

News reaches the public in the opening weeks of Tarpova's arrival on the isle of Halcyon... and already industrious Essharans plot a counter-offensive to destabilize the force before it can land. Still, the fortified volcanic installation swarms with the troops of the mechanised regiment, preparing for their violent insurrection.

OOC Note: This will likely be the first event in a series of events (how this one goes will probably decide its scope and scale!), so feel free to sign on and see what's up. Probably going to be occurring the weekend of the 30th, DM Quatral#8880 on discord for more details if interested.

Event set for 5:00pm EST on Saturday, October 30th

Any interested sign-ups please dm me, if you've already dm'd me with interest do so again so I can draw up the list of participants. Probably capping ~10 individuals.

Event is generally open to anyone.

(sorry meant to announce this sooner)

".. I could feel it from the shore, on Halcyon, eh?"

".. Something like that, sky burned red 'n orange for hours-.. the world isn't endin', is it?"

"Nah, nah... but those soldier types, they don't live there no more, Mahr was out on the rigger, whole place 's a ghost town."

"Bad portents, that... world over or not."

[Image: ba8fef9aca37b2d9130142f4acf10c18.jpg]
A case of the disappearing regiment.

The shores of Halcyon are empty now, as local fishermen tell tale that the mysterious soldiers which once called its volcanic caverns home are now missing. Nor has the old man who took the rag-tag band of irregulars out to the island returned, some say they've spotted his ship abandoned on the shoals.

At night, a massive vessel which runs no lights can be seen far off the coast of old Achyon, flitting from cove to cove.

Stranger tales still, tell of the men in black cloaks which patrol the country-side at night, carrying strange machinery and stranger weaponry. Yet no account thus far has permitted further observation beyond a passing glance, lest these odd interlopers be stirred to wrath. All accounts lend to a concentration of their ilk in the mountains around Theria, where it's presumed a camp has been set.

[Image: 0c20dd1586d6275fc092e52d88bccdd3.jpg]
Gods move beneath the mountains.

Whatever goes on upon the mountain is full of ill-omen, and are more than likely a source of the most recent Barsburgian incursions.

...Made cautious by their defeat on the isle of Halcyon.

Once more, Esshar's attention fall to the mad Commander's motives in laying low its cities and centers of power by means yet unknown.

OOC Note: Getting this out a little later than planned, but this marks the continuation of the Barsburg event chain. Whilst still public in terms of sign-up, this event is more than likely going to be geared towards members of the Ebonblooded should they wish to attend, and other unaligned characters. Anyone else is free to sign on, but there will be no plot-motivated protections should inter-party conflict break out!

Looking at this upcoming Saturday the 13th as the date, feel free to DM me at @Quatral#8880 for more details.
Topic Options