MutesToCryMutes DM
Character: Acheron Erebus
Which Event: The Shadow Hunt

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 Yes! Everything was detailed from the start! Everything was planned out properly and there was never a delay! 
--------------------------
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  10/10 The boss battles were difficult, but balanced. Curated to give anyone a hard time. When we were fighting, we were continuously on the edge of our seats. The fights were winnable, but definitely gave us a run for our money.
-------------------
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 The story fit everything it was named up to be, everything and more! Couldn't wait for anything better!
-------------------
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Without a doubt! The rewards met, even exceeded expectations! I loved everything that happened and more! Punishments were more than fair and fit the aesthetic of the scene.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments: The event itself was a blast! I can't wait to go on more events ran by Mutes!
Character: Taiyo
Which Event: Meeting Mother.
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Mutes honestly kept us all entertained. His narrations down to the responsive time was awesome. 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Although it was only three of us NO healer. The man out did his self just when you thought oh damn this is easy with each step further into the event and as we took down a boss getting ready to fight the next man did it get tough! He kept us all on our toes but most of all we had fun when I tell you the four of us couldn't stop laughing LMAO! 10/10
-------------------
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):  The man gave me everything I was expecting to get from the event as far the setting and the lore I was searching for and just some knowledge for my character. I really had to give this man two thumbs up for that one. 10/10
-------------------
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): To learn more about Nyx and the growth my character received from such an adventure? It was all fair given the risk and the amount of people a challenge and good rewards. {Well written.} 10/10 

Overall: 10/10 Mutes is a solid DM, I would definitely come to them again for more events!
Funny enough, the whole (three people bit) was because last-second 2 guys passed out just as the event started and one guy was at school, so there was a lot of flaking. Hopefully next time it wont happen.
Character: Amaranth ven Astor
Which Event: Anybody Home?

Responsiveness: 1/10. Narrates took an exceptional length of time for a few lines of uninspired, bland text.
Balance: 1/10. The fights were balanced terribly. The only time the DM could down people was if they either spammed homings on them (bolt + plasma strike) until they died, or chase after someone spamming lightning burst with space TP. In addition, the EC (there was a single one, it just had 3 phases) seemed to have a random mix of spells rather than any specific theme.
Storytelling: 1/10. I was entirely uninvested in the event. The narrates were short and bland, and as noted under responsiveness, just felt uninspired. Like the event was thrown together without care for DM rewards.
Fairness: 1/10. This is in-part influenced by the balance notes above, though in the inverse. There was no risk. At least, it didn't feel like there was any risk- this is because the balance of the fights was so atrocious. An EC that does little damage except when it automatically kills you is not fair, nor is it fun. It's lame. As an example, in one round I was around 100% health (mid-round), and then I died as the DM spammed bolt and plasma strike on me until I died. He did this several times overall, but this was the only time he did it for so long that I simply...died. In addition, though this is somewhat forgivable given they were all temporary injuries, they were just...like, blood. From the dragon's corpse exploding. No gashes from claws. No lightning wounds. Nothing. Just a blood explosion.
Rewards: 1/10. I'm amazed I have to actually make this a category, but I do. The DM asked for us to give them an idea of our item requests, and...then ignored that and gave us something that wasn't what we asked for. As an example, I asked for a metal dev item that was an arcanium-diamond alloy. Basically carbon-reinforced arcanium. When rewards were handed out, the DM gave us all exactly the same item (except for the person who requested the event, who got a sword). The excuse he gave for not giving what we requested (targetted at me specifically) .is in the screenshot below, and honestly, I can't not interpret this excuse as 'I wasn't creative enough/didn't spend much time thinking about it'.
[Image: gItQkPv.png]

Overall: 1/10. I wanted to think he'd improved from his shaky past. I really, really did. But I can firmly say I don't think I'm ever going to be willing to go on one of his events again.

Any other comments:  I was hesitant to go on this event, initially, when I found out you were DMing it. I decided to anyways, for two reasons. One, I didn't want to judge you too harshly by your past- people can improve, after all, and I'd hoped you had. Two, I admittedly was somewhat morbidly curious as to the quality of your events, now. I was hoping my worries were going to be disproven. I really was, I wanted to be pleasantly surprised by you.

But I wasn't. I hope you can grow from this and improve, but I won't be seeing it from an attendee's perspective come the future.
Character: Julius Domenico
Which Event: Trick or treat

Responsiveness: 1/10. Narrates took a moderate amount of time - EU teammates had work in the morning so we had to pause on one day to continue another. 15+ mins for a paragraph of straight mid is kinda of wild. Do tell me if I'm being picky!

https://gyazo.com/879fe05b2e924d0f91ada78a8a4f5d52
https://gyazo.com/5819ce7bf64241ff39a627522809472e

Balance: 1/10. The fights were balanced terribly. The only time the DM could down people was if they either spammed no CD sweeping cleave to slow people until they died, or spam sand skills with no CD to 1 shot pepople. (maybe we were a little too strong! by the time the event got done we were all a lil higher rpl than before and people went from teenager to young adult, though unsure if that was taken into account)

Storytelling: 1/10. I was entirely uninvested in the event. The narrates were short and bland, and as noted under responsiveness, just felt uninspired. Like the event was thrown together without care for DM rewards. The whole event was trick or treatig, which got tedious after just the second time. We had to trick or treat 6 different houses xDD!! The general gist of the narrate would just be "you knocked on the door, (roll d6 even = treat odd = trick), you roll then u get candy or he types up a line of someone scaring you. During the event I found myself doing other things, like play dragon quest which you can get on Xbox game pass for 1 dollar! It was more engaging.

I could've gone the whole event without reading anything and typing one liners and the results would've been the same.

To add on top of this, he asked us to join VC which was weird but I was willing to do because he had good energy! (i do enjoy your enthusiasm and feel like with practice you can improve, but improvement is needed for sure!) The VC did help when I was tabbed out playing other games waiting for a narrate or to help tell someone ready up during the fight, and he even added cues for when he did something on his EC like "SMASH!" or "-insert inaudible breathing noise-" which was.. corny, but your heart is in the right place, even if I was laughing my ass off as you did it and cringed a little. I'm curious what others think on the matter, but it's a pass for me! Corny 1 liners take me out of my "immersion" and I find myself poking fun at the DM more than anything, which I don't want to do! I don't like to be mean.

Fairness: 1/10. This is in-part influenced by the balance notes above, though in the inverse. There was no risk. At least, it didn't feel like there was any risk- this is because the balance of the fights was so atrocious. An EC that does little damage except when it automatically kills you is not fair, nor is it fun. It's lame. As an example, in one round I was around 100% health (mid-round), and then I died as the DM spammed sweeping cleave and 0 CD sandstorm on me until I died. He did this several times overall, but this was the only time he did it for so long that I simply...died. I was lagging very badly, tping from place to place and i found myself uneffected unless I was running into gaara's sand tsuami or being hit 76 times with sweeping cleave.

Before making another EC I would advise asking others for help on balancing things out, maybe talk to someone who knows skills well to pair things together in a way that can be challenging for players, fun for you to play and make sense for your EC to use!

Rewards: 1/10. we all got pumpkins that don't rot as our rewards and candy! :3  Which to be fair to him, this was a bounty which I've never been on before, so I'm sure the rewards were predetermined etc, but personally i feel like pumpkins are mid asf, no way I go for that. They will be going into my chest and likely never used again.

Overall: 1/10. I wanted to think he'd improved from his shaky past. I really, really did. But I can firmly say I don't think I'm ever going to be willing to go on one of his events again. If anything this whole event was a trick on me xD

Any other comments:  I picked your bounty because I saw the poor review prior and wanted to see if anything had changed (part of the reason a lot of this review is just copied and pasted from what was written above), I can confirm not a thing has! The event felt like it became a chore over time, partly because it spanned 2 days (which wasnt entirely his fault, his narrates were long, but EU people had obligations in the morning), partly because we had to repeat the same thing 6 times and party because we had 3 5 round fights and a 2 round fight! Which to his credit he explained by saying with each trick we rolled he added a round to the fights... so if im not mistaken we could've ended up with +18 rounds if we all just kept rolling trick? That would've been top class entertainment, +5 5 round fights? O.O

Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe you just under performed, either way I want better for you buddy. Please take some time to maybe talk to another DM for advice on their events balance/storytelling wise to make things more engaging - the rewards I won't complain about too much because at the end of the day this is an RP game and IMO that roleplaying should always come first, but with poor storytelling I truly just wanted to get through the event and straight to the rewards so maybe it would be worth it, and when I found out it wasn't? ://///// :) 

Uh... happy halloween! Please be better MuteDM.
(I would like to add here on what you posted on your review so there's a little less confusion on a few parts)
The times between the last post and the Narration (1st link) Was because I forgot to set up the houses near the beach area and then came back with a quick narration. The second one was because I didn't see that one of you RP'ed because it looked like only 2 did for me.

This is a Hunt as the rewards are tailored towards the event itself rather then other people. Sometimes I try to keep them generalized as I can. Though the long Event was because it took longer for you guys to post the simple trick or treats, roll, or the like as I had to remind you guys to do so. That and some IRL issues for some of the group.

The VC is to help with notifying you guys when 'danger' is closing in, which you stated, but I only do so every time my health drops a certain % or at the very start to shake it up. As I informed you of the extra rounds because of the tricks, it was from those, but I also stated (after the event) I could pull the 6 houses down to 4 as I expected more people and that was the plan I came down to have. I dont feel comfortable redoing a whole plan last second because I dont want to screw up. (Also, on a note. The event itself is suppose to be challenging. Though it felt like I was barely doing anything because your healer was doing a fantastic job of keeping you above 50%. Yet the only times you guys went down (Which was 4 times in total over 11 actual fights over all) was when you got to close during one of these quotes. I even said I never targeted someone during it and just moved around to create distance. People have fallen for those in the past where they get cocky and rush in. (Which happens to the best of us)

The story telling is hard to do when its a simple hunt that most I've run dont last for more then 2 hours and get more out of it, though from what I was seeing, a 1/3 of you were actually RPing with story in mind with the silly characters instead of passing them off. It was a fun little trick or treat experience, you take the good with the bad. Sigi was even Rping with being happy that his unlucky streak ended with some Sweet Candy for his pals which he wanted to share with.

However that being said, I will take the time to go over a bit more of storytelling to help with future events and the like. The Hunts are just ways to help me see what I need to improve on, yet I appreciate you taking the time to write your review so I can see it like Ava's. I have been improving on Story telling, however I do like to go a little more on the Fun meter and unique experiences and ideas. Though they don't 'always' work out, yet I'm doing better with everyone.
Thank you for being a good sport and self-aware! I understand it can be difficult to take hear harsh words from others especially when its in regard to your own work (i understand I was harsh yes!)

I admit the I didn't have the best performance RP wise during the event, but that's truly because I felt myself uninspired and not enjoying the scene, maybe being more engaged and more self-drive is something I should work on personally, that could've dragged things out the mud just a tad!

I understand storytelling can be difficult and honestly I doubt I could do the job of a DM, it doesn't seem easy, but I can tell you enjoy it which is what's most important.
Don't take my words to heart, just keep them in mind for how you'll improve and good luck! I hope to see you back to that 10/10 form.
Character: Sombra B. Grace
Which Event: Thousand Threads

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very quick to respond, and always included everyone in their posts! 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  Most of the battles were superbly fair, but very punishing. The one I'd say was sliiiightly steep, was a battle where the EC was able to no-CD chain-cast Meteor Dash... Ahah... 9/10!

Traps: There was only one 'trap', and it was fairly funny, being a method to progress the story. In which we literally unleashed the Big Bad Final Boss of the event on ourselves.
-------------------
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Over-all? The story was fantastic. Every encounter was weaved together in a way that made sense, despite being fairly different. And even further, the rewards and injuries themselves allow for continued adventures and RP related to the event itself. Not to mention some really nice callbacks to E1! 10/10
-------------------
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I think the rewards were definitely earned, considering, even with one of the best healer builds we could've brought along? We EASILY could've wound up with a party wipe if we weren't careful. Each reward was thematically fitting with the event, as well as fitting what everyone wanted to get. 9.8/10 (METEOR DASH. AAAAAA.)

Overall: 9.7/10

Any other comments: ONE PUUUUUUUUNCH ( Seriously. That Meteor Dash hurts :'> )
Making stupid decisions is a lifestyle.
Topic Options