Chronicles of Eternia
d i d | y o u | w i n - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Pre-Meranthe (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: d i d | y o u | w i n (/thread-8082.html)

d i d | y o u | w i n - Mali - 07-20-2021

homebody
it is not where you are but
whom you are with. it is.
where the heart is. it is.
[Image: the0lcc.png]
Quote:"By any means necessary."  It's always a phrase that spills past her lips before the fight begins. Never a threat, but a promise that comes with the blood-letting during an impossible fight. Most often than not...When her breathing is bated, when she trembles and shutters before she falls to the ground, she whispers it to herself over and over again. "I will fight...!" In hopes of stand against the darkness. "I will fight...!" because it's not just the right thing to do. Because if no one will do it, then who will? "I will fight...!" not to save the person who needs it in that particular moment. But to save everyone who might've been hurt by that person - before - and - after -. She's not some dumb kid. She doesn't mindlessly rush into situations with no rhyme or reason. There is always an intent. There is always a want.

-

"Momma....Papa....I don't like admitting this but losing doesn't really hurt me. I've been losing all of my life. My old momma and papa turned me away...I almost died to mutants...I've been losing against the vampires and I've even lost to an ant. A giant ant- but an ant nonetheless. But nothing hurts worse than going into a city and asking the others why they don't scout as much as our enemies do. And....Instead of really giving me an answer, they asked me....If I won all of my fights. If I won any of them...And I could've lied. I could've said that I beat down some no-name but...I told them...I told them the truth." There seems to be a pause in the middle of her scribbles. Perhaps, a tear drop or two might stain where the ink becomes faded. "But they asked the same question over and over and over..." And what might that be? - Did you win?

"Did you win?"

"Did you win?"

D̴͍̓i̵̹͑d̸͚̕ ̵̡͊y̴͈͑o̶̮͊u̵̘̾ ̴̰͆w̶̮̌i̴̮͌n̸̮̈́?̷͈̀

"no."

gems, jewels, and...oh my! - Mali - 07-21-2021

truth of the matter
is the truth of the matter.
matter covered in scars.
matter covered in tattoos.
matter covered in clothes.
matter uncovered by hands.
hands tracing the matter.
hands tracing the scars.
hands tracing the clothes.
hands tracing the hands.
the truth of the matter
is the exploration of hands.
[Image: Kdow0zq.gif]
Quote:"Why we choose violence.." And then there is beauty, both breath-taking and flawless. It's whispered during the aftermath of the Mutant's fall...Opulence found within the manner jewels and gems are scattered across the battlefield, loitering the area where blood splattered freely across the sand. In these most sacred moments, even during the careful sapping of her gems and jewels, nipping at the life force of the fallen creature....She takes note of how beauty seemingly appears in the most deserted, broken, endless spaces...A single flower of sinka curling carefully around one of her crystalline stalagmites...As if pulling the blood and mana from the fallen warrior along with her own magic. In these moments, does she understand the reason as to why she's 'doing' this. It isn't just to still her heart when it comes to fighting mutants. It's to forcefully push her goals. Even if it's at the expense of others.

"thank you, Alucard."

-

Once again, can scribbles be seen loitering the journal of the teen - this time, it seems that she possesses conflicting emotions. "Hey...Kasimir, I'm sorry." there's been a lot of things happening in my life that I haven't been able to control. We've been doing the same things, mostly....Fighting against monsters and vampires and mutants, but...You're treated a lot different than I am. Maybe...It's because I'm a little more...I don't know...Silly? I ask questions - maybe - the obvious ones...But I never really mean any harm by them. Sometimes, I really don't get people. It's kind of like they want me to be mad. It's kinda like...They want me to fight against them, not with them. And as much as I hate to it, I won't kneel down to people like Aasa and the rest of those Yaru..Yaruo..Rough-heads. As angry as I am...I'll still smile and prove them wrong. By the way...I'm starting to get better at my gemsmithing...I'm sure you saw, but...I mean it this time. I'll be worth something. Eventually."
Color = links

RE: d i d | y o u | w i n - Mali - 07-22-2021

mo(u)rning dew
the morning starts off with wet tears in her eyes.
she uses the birdsong to expose her lament to the sleeping...
her long, brown curls hanging loosely, framing
her body as she sway.
when the morning comes.
when the mourning comes.
she predicts the death of a man and i wonder
[Image: 0FMNTMI.png]
Quote:
"Can you see me?" Before every battle - she whispers a silent prayer to the god below and in response, does she find beauty spiraling upon the battlefield. Velvet pistills and petals loitering the ground, covering the tangled knots of grass beneath her and her enemy's feet. Like knotted dreams and intertwined fates, there is something that she knew that she couldn't run from. No matter what. No matter how many injuries she might possess. No matter how many times she loses...If there is someone, who is genuinely in need, she'll fight for them. But this is much different when it's...Her mother. There isn't rage...But instead, a silent acceptance. Two against three...No....Three against three? She smiles. And bows her head in gratefulness to Huatl for his presence. And thanks her mother for the years and time spent. And thanks the hero of Osrona for stepping out of the shadows. Together, do they fight. Together, do they fall.

"Because nobody else does."

-

"Most people don't write to their gods...But I feel the need that I should. More often than naught...People often forget about you until they need you. But I want you to know that you are on my mind constantly...and that I'm always trying to find new ways to give thanks to you for the amazing gifts, and beauty, and the privileges that come with being your daughter. Know that no matter how much that I might struggle. That I might lose or bleed or suffer...I won't be like the Sachiko Hellsings of this world. I won't be like the Drakanites that have hunted their own kind...I'll be everything that you need in one and more. For you, Huatl, Ryuujin. I will. For you, I will. And I'll show everybody...How much more beautiful I can be while I'm in your hands. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you, for loving me. I'm sorry for being so weak." - T a k a
i'll do better next time..
i wont let your death be in vain.