Chronicles of Eternia
Prinny DM - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Dungeon Master (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Prinny DM (/thread-7547.html)

Pages: 1 2

Prinny DM - Cpt. Prinny - 06-13-2021

Key: Cpt. Prinny

Event Preferences: Over the top, I can do small, but I enjoy narrating someone blowing up half a mountain.

Other Notes: I enjoy doing fun EC fights, (if possible), but I tend to spend about 90% of the event writing story and dev for the characters involved if possible.

Are you currently running events, and if so, are you considering player requested events?: Currently running events, but only do them every now and then.

Discord: Cpt. Prinny#6010

RE: Prinny DM - LittleFirebird - 06-13-2021

Character: Ivory
Event: Whispered Call
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 10/10 Narrations came swiftly and without much delay.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 9/10 The balance wasn't bad, and the ECs were interesting in terms of kits and how they were used. I liked that none of them were the cheesier spam homing ECs that we see sometimes.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 10/10 I really liked the story, and I enjoyed the brief glimpse at the end.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 10/10 It was a cool event, and the rewards were fantastic for the risk level in all honesty.
Overall: 9.5/10

Any other comments: Was a fun event, and I really enjoyed it! <3

RE: Prinny DM - Lt. Heart - 06-13-2021

Character: Tien
Event: Whispered Call
Responsiveness: 10/10 I've got to agree with Ivory they were quick and detailed very nice reads, enjoyable.
Balance: 8.5/10 The fights were fun, I kind a went o.0 towards the second ec when he started flashing a round the place. However it wasn't that bad it was a lot of fun fighting against the EC's. However it wasn't too obnoxious and focus shifted between the party members as a whole a lot of fun!
Storytelling: 9/10 I enjoyed the Story very much so, during the first monster encounter a bit of confusion but really that was my fault in all honesty!
Fairness: 10/10 The event was highly enjoyable the rewards were amazing and I'm certain a lot can be done from here with what was gained.
Overall: 9.375/10
Other Comments: Much thanks for the time and efforts put forth! I had a lot of fun.

RE: Prinny DM - Moonloon - 06-13-2021

Character: Nestis
Which Event: The Whispered Call

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): 8/10. We had a couple of interruptions, but they were said beforehand, plus there was a small mishap within the early narrations that left us a little confused before it got cleared up. Overall, though, their responses were prompt and timely.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 10/10. Prinny's a verb-goblin, and the fights he tossed at us were genuinely some of the most balanced ones I've had on events in Spires + Esshar. What's more, each one had a neat little gimmick w. their spells as well, and were genuinely fun and challenging without being bullshit. The obstacles tossed our way were enjoyable as well, although we rolled real bad at the start.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): 9/10. Apart from the mishap I mentioned, where we got a bit confused in an early narrate, each one afterwards was clear and precise, and offered us a coherent narrative to work off of. He was responsive as well, with some of the 'alternative' solutions we offered at times being weaved into it.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): 9/10. The battles were rough enough without being unfair, and the consequences from the obstacles we faced were entirely reasonable.

Overall: 9/10, would play again

Any other comments: I don't normally participate in events, but this was a fun one.

RE: Prinny DM - Icraft343 - 06-13-2021

Character: Abe

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): The DM responded in a reasonable time-frame. I usually felt that responses in RP are usually long, but the time he took for a respond is definitely the right amount that I usually find in RPs. There are a few interruptions before, and I afk'd a few times during the event, causing some increase in respond time, but it's on my fault, mostly. Overall, he responded well and quickly! 10/10

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): There were no obstacles or traps, or one that I haven't seen yet. Unless the first EC where three of us tried catching the three that fell into the chasm counts as such. Instead, it was mainly verb and encounter focused. But I had no problem with it, I had fun fighting boss fights as well. All of them, due to their cool icons and selection of spells, even got me the chills just as the spooky event had intended. If not for Ivory or others that have an invuls, we would have lost terribly, but the ECs are balanced. 10/10

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): It was definitely an adventure. Though I didn't have any expectations for narrations since this was my first event. But the CoD definitely makes me expect an easier death. That's besides the point though. I hoped to see deeper into Nyx lore however, because the purpose of the event was to meet Mommy Nyx. But I managed to meet one of the founding figures, the Old Guard at the very least, it was a pleasure. Even though it ended abruptly, I still had fun adventure. 9/10

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) : Well... We had BAD rolls for most of the time. Unlucky for us, but thank for his mercy as the Elixir of Healing we stocked up and brought with got to be used to delay our temps that we got in the first EC and save our health for the next one. After that, he was strict with his temp punishments, which is great and fair! The first mercy was appreciated, but it'll become stale if we get mercy again and again. The reward we get was worth the risk and difficulty as well. It complimented our goals for hidden/uniques/gears as well. 9/10

Overall: 9/10 Would love to join an event with him as a DM again. His style would feel more familiar and make me less nervous for a CoD again.

Any other comments: Thanks for DMing the first event I had joined! It was a CoD as well!

RE: Prinny DM - MariusValerus - 06-13-2021

Character: Baki

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Given the size of the party and how many responses they had to react to, I personally believe that they had responded within an adequate amount of time andd with the appropriate amount of responses. They took the actions of each of us into consideration and despite a few minor setback, which were stated previously, things had gone rather well overall. 9/10.

Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Although I've only been on two other events in my experience among the Eternia series, I must say that this was by far one of the most balanced events that I have ever gone on. The battles were scaled appropriately to the number of players off the and it surprisingly held rather well. Prinny knows exactly what to do when it comes to balancing things out. Even when it came to any obstacles that the party had to face, they had just enough scale and gave us just enough of a chance to make it an enjoyable event. 10/10.

Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Given the limited lore that is actually understood about Nyx overall by most people on the forums, I found the story to be quite compelling! It had tied in not only elements of Nyx but several things that the characters could relate to which had built further character outside of the event. The flow of the events story had worked rather well and it felt like an actual planned story from the beginning. 9/10.

Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) : The system itself was fucking us over entirely but thankfully our dm was merciful enough to go off of an appropriate chart for injuries and the like. Even if the system didn't exactly have our back, the punishments had fit the rolls. It was very wall done and the risk to reward ratio was done rather beautifully. A chance of death event can't be the easiest thing to run and maintain fairness in but Prinny managed to find just the right balance between it all.

Overall: I really enjoyed this event overall. I believe that Prinny is an excellent dm and will likely be reaching out to them for other events due to their tremendous skills as a DM. As a DM for dungeons and dragons, I can only hope that I can find the skill and balance that Prinny has. Very well done.

Any other comments: Definitely expect to be hearing from me again! Now that I know how well an event like this can go and how thrilling a chance of death event actually is, I'll be sure to take more of them on to further push the story for Nyx.

RE: Prinny DM - MrBongtastic - 07-08-2021

Character: Tigerseye Reave
Event: Volcano Bro time with Kael AKA Babysteps
Responsiveness: 10/10 Gud at wurds quick
Balance: 10/10 The Fights and Roll based stuff was great. Especially since we all rolled horribly.
Storytelling: 10/10 It was a very good dungeon delve
Fairness: 10/10 Good rewards and lots of temps.
Overall: 10/10
Other Comments: Thank you for being patient and creating a fun event while also running something else on the side. You kill it.

RE: Prinny DM - Champ - 07-08-2021

Character: Kael Vorso Jr.
Event: Babysteps
Responsiveness: 10/10, Even while running two events back to back they still managed to readily go through ours.
Balance:10/10, everything was well balanced with the combat. They tone it down when it was too much, or made it more xtreme when it was too easy- professional work.
Storytelling: 10/10, it was amazing. Everyone in the party was included in the storyline, and it felt like it was planned well. Top notch work.
Fairness: 10/10 Completely balanced, the injuries that were dished out were even to the number of times someone had fallen.
Overall: I loved the event, and how it was ran! I could really indulge in the story. 10/10!

RE: Prinny DM - Dixonok - 07-08-2021

Character: Driyar Hedor
Event: A scientific Discovery!
Responsiveness: 11/10 It's prinny, we all love prinny.
Balance: 12/10 would totally lag my way away from a SFW again.
Storytelling: 10/10 would totally enter a weird laboratory AGAIN to find loot, cause we can.
Fairness: 11/10 completely unscathed, would bicker in front of puzzles once more to laugh.
Overall: DM AGAIN WHILE I'M AN EC ON YOUR EVENT AGAIN.

RE: Prinny DM - Pixel - 07-08-2021

Character: Ems Vorenii
Event: Baby steps (I believe is what it was called)
Responsiveness: Good! DM didn't afk randomly or leave us with prolonged silence.
Balance: Very fair, only one time did an EC tell us to 'just dodge it lmao xD" as seen below. The fights were well balanced, and the kits were tolerable and fair.
Storytelling: There were some elements that were mentioned, then never extrapolated. It was a little disappointing, though the adventure was still fun and immersive. 
Fairness: We were given ample room to make mistakes (bad rolls) and the event wasn't too punishing.
Overall: Very good! Would recommend. 
Other Comments: 

[Image: unknown.png]