Chronicles of Eternia
Best DM, Hipster - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Dungeon Master (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Best DM, Hipster (/thread-4399.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Best DM, Hipster - TheHopscotch - 09-27-2020

Event Preferences: I do a lot of crackhead stuff, so anything with an interesting setting that let's me flex some creativity.

Contact Information: Hopscotch#2338
Quote:Key/Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Gold - 09-27-2020

Key/Character: Goldenclaw/Dezmond Graves
Which Event: https://chronicles-of-esshar.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4357

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Always ready
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Pretty fun, choice of spells simulated a giant squadron pretty well.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Fa sho
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Pretty much, yup

Overall: 10

Any other comments: Good fuel for me to use ic to continue what I was already doing, hope to see another one soon.

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Shelpies - 10-13-2020

Character: Eve
Which Event: Blind Goddess - Protector of Light Showdown

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Reasonably fast. Didn't feel like I waited for too long.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): It was a fun raid boss, suitable for the huge size of the people that confronted him.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The overall atmosphere of the Protector of the Light had a great impact on the event. Additionally, the storytelling introduces the character enough without divulging too much on the background.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Fair. None of the characters downed were truly harmed lastingly (to my knowledge) so the reward being what it was seems good enough.

Overall: Great! Would want to experience a full on event from Hipster.

Any other comments: I wrote down this comment mainly due to how engaged I was with the event despite the fact that it's only for the last half that we (Achyon) had Hipster as the DM. Really great introduction and arena, it set the atmosphere for the showdown perfectly. Would want to be a part of a full-on Hipster DMed experience.

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Chance - 10-26-2020

Event: The Tome of Malziel

Responsiveness: Very fast, accommodating for the roleplays and actions of the group!
Balance: The only issue I had was where someone could go from 100 to 0 in a split second due to your gimmick with invigorate, where it was stacked and maybe you didn't realize or they didn't at the last few seconds when the particles aren't too visible. Other than that, the balance was excellent, thrilling, and the boss fights were very entertaining. It helped that our party had a wellspring mage where we could enjoy the pond AoE and if we were punished, it was earned.
Storytelling: Your handling of the angel EC was really, really good, and was the best part to me, story wise. He came across as a person rather than just another NPC, and felt real. Other than that, the event was fast-paced and linear, kept you engaged and was a good time from the start to finish. Maybe it could have had some more dynamic elements that encouraged group action, but it was more than satisfying.
Fairness: I'd say so. Several temps, two perms, with great rewards, and that was us rolling really well, too.

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Danteric - 10-26-2020

Key/Character: Lifeom/Malakai
Which Event: The Tome Of Mal(t)ziel

Responsiveness: narrates were often posted faster than we could rp, 10/10
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): the infinite spell spam was, admittedly, sort of painful and could potentially instakill you. Otherwise great, 8/10
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Very good, very enjoyable. We went into a demon infested town, it was well done.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Seemed fair to me

Overall: Great and extremely fun. But now i need to design a new outfit thanks a lot

Any other comments: N/A

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Simple - 10-26-2020

Key/Character: Simple/Geztelle ven Pelleaux
Which Event: Trial of MalTziel

Responsiveness : The narrates were posted in a timely fashion, no issues there, good work.
Balance: The fights themselves were pretty fun, and felt fair and balanced to me. There was a moment in one boss where it even felt a bit too easy!
Storytelling: Yes, it definitely exceeded expectations and was a very good event. Enjoyable for all involved.
Fairness: Considering the fact that I rolled like 6-6-6-5 I would say that it was quite fair. Those who rolled low were given fair punishments as well, and the rewards were very, very nice.

Overall: All in all the event was ran better than expected and I had no issues. It was punctual, fair, and nicely written. Trials and then a triumphant finish, setting up for deeper character development in the future. Thank you for running it.

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Epoch - 10-26-2020

Key/Character: Amori
Which Event: The Tome of Malziel

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Eloquent and fast.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The battles are beyond entertaining. At times he won't attack and will let you chase him through the city like we did during this event. He'll make you deal with fodder henchmen. It's very immersive and makes for an enjoyable time.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Dialogue is one of his strong points but that doesn't mean he lacks in other areas. He paints a story that is as apart of the world as the one you left.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) It was fair to me.

Overall: Great. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Any other comments: Not sure how other dungeon masters compare but I wouldn't change a thing.

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Apollo Densin - 11-13-2020

Key/Character: Eadmod Hilyard
Which Event: Great beast hunt part 1

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Great, responded well to our cues and even got an extra reward out of it
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?):  Balance was fair, though small issue that was too much hp for the first boss
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): Had a decent story, though not what I was expecting for the event. I was expecting more of a monster hunter, where we had to track the beast via signs on the ground, beat it up to slash off pieces etc etc. But what did happen did lead to an unexpected direction for my character, so happy there
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) Overall fair to a degree. The winter talons hurt like crap however

Overall: 7/10

Any other comments: Did a great job, got us through it speedy like, and none of the fights seem unfair. Went with my request of a mythological beast which I love. 

RE: Best DM, Hipster - Milly - 01-23-2021

Key/Character: TiniestLittleDot / Ryker pyr Docro
Which Event: In A Sparkling Void

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Very fast, as usual. Attentive, and willing to switch things up on the fly. The usual.
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): holy fuck do not ever do supreme black hole in that room where i died on spires ever again i hate you
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): I missed the first event because of irl, but it was easy to catch up and feel immersed. plus i finally got to use Unersattlich for what it was designed to do: trap spirits.
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): I think it was. I don't know the table he utilized, but he explained how the injuries worked at the very beginning, so that was fair.

Overall: 10/10

Any other comments:

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: Best DM, Hipster - ry0un0suke - 01-23-2021

Key/Character: ry0un0suke/Matryona pyr Docro
Which Event: In the Sparkling Void
Responsiveness: Very responsive. I was fine with the post speed. It was me who was slow.
Balance: Horrid, sorry bb we honest out here. I disliked the balance most. Builds didn't feel thematic and spamming TK and placing two stellar black holes in the center of a fall sized room is trash. 2/10
Storytelling: Horrid balance aside, I liked the story and given injuries. Tied in nicely with the last event and Vale overall. Immersive and nice to engage with as a whole.
Fairness: Ties into balance. It's a little mmmhhhh. Though the rewards and injury table were fine to me. Injuries dished out felt okay.
Overall: 6/10. Iffy due to the balance of the fights but the story was neato. Would squint in the future but go along either way. I just suggest builds more thematic with the ECs rather than strong stuff to make people cry or feel a bit unfair- Considering that TK scrambles you and if it's spammed on you then well... If we pretend that those didn't happen then I have zero complaints. Cute rewards also. I like the temps.

Any other comments:
[Image: f9e645575370842c68d5d3eae3f7b849.png]