Chronicles of Eternia
Holy War upon Final Frontier - Printable Version

+- Chronicles of Eternia (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum)
+-- Forum: In-Game (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Public Events (https://chronicles-of-eternia.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Holy War upon Final Frontier (/thread-15573.html)

Pages: 1 2

Holy War upon Final Frontier - CupcakeMomo - 07-21-2023

[Image: b98a1c785bf5b6c0d44be9ab34ba9bfb.png]

Amidst a tumultuous crisis, a resolute priestess, Palade Avincus, raises the standard of Pylae. The air crackles with anticipation as a call to arms reverberates throughout the lands of Meranthe, to ignite the hearts of the faithful, summoning them to mobilize.

A Holy War has been called.

Palade Avincus Wrote:"Bear witness to the undeniable truth, for the tree's roots were nurtured by the hands of Eleos, not yours to claim as you assert tyrannical dominion over Frontier. Eleos stood in opposition to the synthetic abominations and their unholy alliance with the Horde, a stance you once dared to endorse.

Your feeble attempt to shift blame and avoid accountability is as unpalatable as it is transparent. I shall shoulder the burden of your incompetence in dealing with this grave matter. The Animunculi will no longer be failed caricatures of human nature."

Objective: Begin the siege upon Final Frontier; to claim the synthetic creation area and investigate deeper into the vault and its many secrets.

Raid Type: Holy War.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Detective100 - 07-22-2023

[Image: image.png]

Silent days went by within Audhild following the news of the Degree by Palade against Final Frontier.
Quiet murmuring within the city of craft, arts, and dreamers, as the council joined together to converse.
Soon after? They came to a decision, sending missives to the appropriate hands within Dal'thala with some copies handed to the nation's populace, written by Head Researcher Benjamin Thomson:

Greetings.
This letter is addressed directly to Palade Avincus, Priestess of Pylae, and is also meant to be seen by other people's eyes:
"Hello Palade. Some days before your degree, you sent me a letter asking for my opinion about Final Frontier, throwing accusations at their head.
Firstly, you tried to appeal to my aversion against altering the human body with technology, calling their machinations corrupt.
However, while my opinion against tarnishing the human body remains, artifical life is but another progress of technology which can benefit humanity without affecting the body - As long as they are made with caution and responsibility.
You wrote of Tempus, who had expressed desire against Pylae, of which Final Frontier already took responsibility and addressed him as a rogue. A single rogue Animunculi, unlike the many you claimed to exist with your letter.

You wrote of Reeds' interest searching for the Kaorblade of the Imperfect Sak'noth, and the soulshard. You neglected to mention Reeds' purpose is to secure, contain, protect the Kaorblade, and if neccessary? Destroy.

As such, we came to the conclusion that this call for war is not only unjust, but unreasonable:
Unjust, because any of the issues you've stated to me in letter can be resolved via diplomacy and cooperation.
Unreasonable, because the threat of the Fel forces like the ones of Xarxes still remain, biding their time as they regain their strength.
Moreover, the Golden Horde which you spoke against in the letter still exists, yet you are willing to cooperate with queen Aemiliya who by Kure's own admission is a close friend to their leader Elvira, which is the reason why no attempt for a full-frontal assault was done.
The only argument you have left is calling the creation of Animunculi as heretical, of which I as a fellow inventor have to disagree on principle.

Thus, the city of Audhild has come to this decision:
Should Final Frontier be attacked, our forces shall come to defend it.

Our own city was ravaged, our citizens' lives lost for hate and prejudice.
We shall not allow the same to happen upon a fellow city of progress.

Lastly, to you or those reading this missive, and are curious about the mentioned letter? I shall have it be placed upon Audhild's notice board for all to see.
For I, believe in sincerity."

Objective: Defend Final Frontier
OOC: Had a funny incident of accidently deleting the whole notice board with the letter. Thankfully its contents can be found in the logs, so I'll be placing a copy of it onto the notice board in the meantime.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - ~Aoria-sama~ - 07-22-2023

[Image: E0ewj73.png]

Quote:The Enclave has been particularly silent, given the absence of their beloved Incandescent, Alhena.
XX
However, while Alhena is at rest, another of The Sainted Enclave steps forward to continue to guide The Enclave in the correct direction.
XX
Zilpah, makes an announcement in regards to the deceleration of her dear friend, Palade.
XX
It has been long since those of other places amongst Meranthe have sought out the stories of Pylae and his twelve saints.  A lack of understanding is often what plants the seed of darkness in one another. Further, a lack of patience - is what allows that seed to be fed and grow so wholeheartedly until one is nearly consumed by their ignorance.  My time spent upon Meranthe has been fruitful. Those who know me, who have interacted with me - know the type of servant of our Beacon of Hope that I am. My love for others is all I have ever expressed, alongside my prayers and food inside your bellies that I myself, have made for you.
XX
Yet in the end, it is Pylae that guides me to provide.
To seek peace, where I am able to find it.
XX
So I ask you this, Audhild, The Final Frontier.
Respectfully, have you heard the stories?
Of our Saint Paschal and Saint Cosmas?
XX
We pray to these Saints for creativity, caution in innovation, magitechnicians that respect human purity, inventors, wise solutions, anti-cybernetics activists, and artificers.
XX
I respectfully ask you stop the creation of these 'robots', as it is disrespectful of human purity.
It goes against Pylae's light and hope for the future of Meranthe.
While Palade is not of The Sainted Enclave, our belief is no different.
Our beacon of light guides us the same.
We stand with her in her attack upon The Final Frontier,
should you not seek repentance, and stop your creations immediately.
XX
[Image: Sd2I5OQ.jpg]

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Nitsah - 07-22-2023

no i didnt post this in the wrong thread first shut up
[Image: 4608172a35172f9ce59bad42175189b0.png]

Quote:When you first started making artificial life, I assumed it was a one-off experiment. Something in poor taste, but perhaps for some greater good in the long run. In the grand scheme of things, the Institute is still a young organisation and prone to making missteps, considering whether they *could* before thinking about whether or not they *should.*

The creation of artificial life, however, has gotten to a point where it can no longer be ignored. The librarian golem was one thing: clearly identifiable as a machine and of dubious sapience, it was tolerable. Since then, however, as technology has "advanced", so have the machines. More are being made and quicker, with minds more and more akin to those of true life. Some are nigh-impossible to tell apart, bearing both skin and having learned personalities. Others claim to have souls.

They branch outward, burrowing themselves into other nations to subvert and report back home. They undermine the sanctity of the hunt, for a machine neither needs nor wants, yet they hunt all the same in their efforts to mimic life. I would have more sympathy if you had summoned demons like a normal heretic.

I'm afraid there is naught to discuss, unless you've suddenly become amicable to the idea of destroying the machines and aborting all plans to create more indefinitely. Their presence sullies Solais, the tree of hope.

Do you remember what you said about your 'direct descendant of the divines'? Mother Nemea created us with purpose, too.

It is one we shall fulfil, unlike the machines which are born for nothing, of nothing, the walking embodiments of hubris and sin. None are above the natural order.

As it seems a reminder is necessary, we will be supporting this in full.

You said you would pray for us. Rest assured there is no need, for we are already blessed; already saved.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Ohverride - 08-02-2023

[Image: alexandr-melentiev-desert-01.jpg]
-
The dust settles, the sands calm, the chaotic chattering seems to cease.
A letter, a contact, words of understanding. The Frontier no longer in a scramble.
-
Quote:"It appears as if I have received word that the original incitement of this conflict has ceased, at least from the original source. Good for all of us, I suppose. While this does not come without it's consequences of relations, I do hope that can be patched for the future. Until then, you are welcome to come to the Frontier and enjoy the sights once more - I ask that in the future you refrain from any sort of this... Activity, please."

-
As tensions clear up, the security drones on the Frontier buzz away.
-
Quote:"Oh, I suppose I should expect a meeting or two... Or three..."

-
A director heads back to work.
-
HOLY WAR: AVERTED(?)

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - CupcakeMomo - 08-04-2023

[Image: 6EFLoxS.jpg]

The ruinous carapace of the Incandescent title bled dry. The incumbent drawing no word nor public presence. The silence is deathly, and eerie save for the fleeting whispers of the desert winds. The non faith endorsed Enclave has abandoned the title of Incandescent as its leading figure, furthermore strange tidings follow the whispers.

Aenite vessels carrying a series of ornate boxes, delivering these packages to the Sainted Enclave, now reforming as the Sainted Church.

A war once thought averted, only delayed itself for reinforcement, and religious approval. Hallowed Text leads to a reignited march.

August 8th
6:00 PM EST

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Daeut - 08-06-2023

[Image: aa08b7cfc5bb2dfbafb42be228803d9a.png]

Far in the dunes is there the ineffable march of hundreds on the muffled step of deep sand. Its shifting beneath the advance of many rattles in the desert wind as a fricative chorus wrought in steel and hoof.

A pincer comprised of Astra and Umbra to intercept Dal'thalan forces from joining the assault.

Long aided by those of the Frontier and Audhild in its incursions, while those of the Enclave and Delphina idled, denizens of the Twilight City make way to return the favor of her allies. By Oracular decree, a substantial contingent of the Bastion mobilizes to protect the Frontier from its sanctimonious despoilers.

Aphros honors the call.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Metrice - 08-06-2023

[Image: 1c42b85880e1357f2d78e113286163d4.jpg]

Quote:
“Never changes does it? My good folk, would we sit idle as those that claim themselves righteous would destroy progress? This so-called Holy War will not be allowed to prevail. Synthetics, are still precious life. Fortune will not sit idly as our dreams are accosted by fools so lost in their zealotry.

So it must be, that I retire this long time of peace. Ready the fleet, prepare the Battalion, the very nature of our freedom is at stake. For all Sentionauts, and Animunculi. For the good sake of prosperity, we will not watch as Meranthe destroys a chance for a greater future.

Not this time.”

Long has the silence of the southern seas befell the mainland, longer still has it been since the navy has rallied. The Driftwood Battalion sails once more. The Frontier had been a valued part of the trade routes Fortune held. Close to three decades of prosperous relations. Such would not be forgotten, a call was given, and a call was answered.

The Sovereignty will no longer accept this silence. Not when something can be done, so the great warships are armed. The sailors are steeled, shipwrights hard at work ensuring there wouldn’t be the slightest fault in the grand fleet. Masts reinforced; hulls inspected- and cannons cleaned. They would be given sufficient medical supplies, rations, and munitions.

Fortune would bring the whole of its innovative skill, the armors of the Percipience were dawned. Their weapons, that of magi-tech- that of Fortune Alloy branded and polished. The gilded nation had purpose on this day, the evolution of man would not be stunted for the whimsy of religion.

Not again.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Dixonok - 08-06-2023

[Image: depositphotos_604889402-stock-photo-fabu...st-the.png]

Near Final Frontier, a black shadow flies up with big wings, a drakanite stand on its back shining brightly with holy light as a roar is heard across Dawnstone. 

The Dawnwatch Order starts to arm themselves and to march towards Final Frontier in its defense, often the old Director helped and requested help from Dawnstone.

Giants, Ookami, Drakanites, Razuka and humans march together, many prayers to different faiths are heard as they march.

Audhild asked for a stance and so did the Frontier, after words and letters were exchanged.

Dawnstone answers to its call.

RE: Holy War upon Final Frontier - Heimdalic_Dreams - 08-08-2023

[Image: Blood-Rose2.png]
Less impressive than most anyone else, the young island nation sees many of its forces mobilized; rescued Batkin refugees
organize themselves under the direct supervision of a leather-winged man in crimson cowl, grim of face and forbidding of expression. 
It had not been long since he had taken up the mantle of leader, and yet already he was seeing inexperienced sons kiss their mothers farewell, 
fathers hold their young daughters in armored arms, and the weakly infirmed casting wavering palms over the hearts of those heading off. 

It said much, perhaps, that though there were anxieties and worries, their faith remained as straight as the back of the Baron who lead them,
manning a ship to bring them into battle. They weren't much - But perhaps there was value in what little they had to offer. 

Blood Rose Answers the Call