Spell Balance Suggestions
(11-19-2022, 07:51 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote: [Image: image.png]
I don't know what you guys are talking about. It says four tiles, and that seems to be true. Is the tooltip wrong? These numbers tend to be correct, even when tooltips aren't.

I dont know how range works, so i use experience instead actual desc, i know about the beam/distance spells rules that range/2= number of tiks that spell cause damage.

So yeah dont trust always in tooltips , cd and md is probaly the only safe part of trust.
[Image: memorias.png?ex=6629925d&is=66171d5d&hm=...a226c91ce&]

now it's time for my real post

ice gets an intermediate invuln, similar to volcanic barrier or quite literally volcanic barrier

ice block - encase yourself in ice, create a small aoe around that slows, mild damage (intermediate, ice has no intermediates)

make mist form an intermediate, shits ridiculous for dips, or just move it from opener so mist form costs 40 rpp essentially (water opener 10 rpp, mist opener 20 rpp, mist form, 10 rpp). replace the opener with steam burst, no one is going to use it anyways.

lightning embodiment should become cc immune similar to mist form. not a cleanse though, not that good you're quite literally intangible lightning. basically mist form with damage, (but for balance sake, its just dr and not invuln)

i know u all hate it when i spit facts, but this is how it should be.

also dash strike and advection are both shorter than their tool tips. buff advection. 23s CD and 8 tile dash strike, man what da hell. dash strikes reads 12 and is also 8 (but dash strike is useless so no one would notice this buff anyways, hehe :3c)
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
Justice for Barrier.

Re-buff barrier aura, it's a sad sight. Barely any attack and lowered DR.

Kill Myradin if you need to get this unneutered, down with taethion
Taethion isn’t real.
Barrier doesn't need justice. It is guaranteed damage tics from every aoe on the planet, numbers on the aura aside. There's a reason that Myradin was able to run through 6 really strong characters back to back to back to back in a single chainverb. I promise it is not because of a 15 power difference (30power 10dr pre-nerf. 15power 10dr post-nerf). The aura didn't lose a dime of dr, just the aoe which is a largely 'offensive' spell insofar as it simply makes things unable to be avoided for a whole 7 seconds.

Edit: And to add on top of things as a direct comparison between holy and barrier aura.
Holy is now 20 power 5%dr
Barrier is 15 power 10%dr

5 power tradeoff for 5% dr in all situations is a pretty favorable deal, ESPECIALLY when you can force people to man-fight you under your barrier spell and get positive trades because the enemy is eating shit under your damaging aoes.
[Image: RqMw9Wf.png]
Not everyone is a DR stacking mad lad like Myradin, crystal + holy + earth has dummy potential, especially when barrier still gave the full DR.

The largest points earlier is that barrier is not an upgrade it is a trade. For a signature, especially a fate tree, that should feel like something earned. Not deciding between power or DR at the end of the day.

Pre nerf you stood to gain 20% DR on top of the AOE and keep the power of the holy aura. A justifiable upgrade. Post nerf you decide whether you care about power more and go with the holy aura or care about DR more and go with the barrier aura. That isn't an upgrade, which is the point of applying for a signature.

Your argument of 'guaranteed dmg ticks from every aoe on the planet' is disregarded by every build with an invul or anyone with the ability to click tp out or space tp out after the caster. There are plenty of ways to get out of the aoe or avoid the damage. It deserves justice because the base aura is used half the time over the actual aura because of the value of power and the inability to keep up with the barrier aura unless you specifically modify your build to be more DR and sustain. (Something I had to do to justify using the aura over the base aura.)

A fate tree, should not make you consider between the base aura and the fate tree aura, or else what is the point of it being a signature / fate?

Your basis is Myradin who is a chad. Not everyone who gets this aura is a DR stacking chad.
DR is stronger than AP and 20 DR is absolutely absurd. If it was an earnest upgrade to holy aura without being overpowered, maybe 30 pow and 10 DR, but even that is an exorbitant amount from a single source, to say nothing of mana gear.
(11-22-2022, 02:40 AM)Sanguine415 Wrote: DR is stronger than AP and 20 DR is absolutely absurd. If it was an earnest upgrade to holy aura without being overpowered, maybe 30 pow and 10 DR, but even that is an exorbitant amount from a single source, to say nothing of mana gear.

30 pow and 10 DR was what it was pre nerf without counting the AOE DR. That seems reasonable to have back for an upgrade without giving back the AOE DR. That way it boosts both DR and power, befitting of the second step in a fate tree.

Honestly even matching the power at 20 or shifting to 25 would be better than having less power than the base aura.
"Your argument of 'guaranteed dmg ticks from every aoe on the planet' is disregarded by every build with an invul or anyone with the ability to click tp out or space tp out after the caster"

That is why Solomon Equisol lost to him in a chainverb (DOUBLE invuln access).
And Noah (invuln access)
And Kamilla Bellerose (invuln access)
And Gnash Frenesie (died like a bitch tbh)
And Kamilla J. Lyndon (i forget her build forgive me)

If you want to advocate hard for an upgrade to the aura, at best an increase to 20 POWER and 10 DR is a good argument, increasing your defenses by 5% and gaining access to the rest of the FATE.

But even then when the full FATE has the Aura, AOE, and Titan of Light..... Really? Is it necessary?
[Image: RqMw9Wf.png]
Barrier as a fate tree doesn't need buffs.

I've seen the way you verb with it, and I love you OneBrainCell, but the issue with barrier is not with its numbers.
Topic Options