Suggestions
the economy is fine since every single sink goes into loot boxes and pulling for whatever could come out of it.

smart people take advantage of what could come from adventurers and sell their stuff at high, high value, and now they are rich enough to buy people.

instead of nerfing the perks, you should encourage others to raise prices and make the economy greater by making others suffer.
(09-27-2022, 05:06 PM)Mallow Wrote: the economy is fine since every single sink goes into loot boxes and pulling for whatever could come out of it.

smart people take advantage of what could come from adventurers and sell their stuff at high, high value, and now they are rich enough to buy people.

instead of nerfing the perks, you should encourage others to raise prices and make the economy greater by making others suffer.

Corpo scum.
Having considered the issue within adventurer, I realize its obvious. The other professions need equal value to the enhanced coin income.

Add in an ore only an active high level miner can mine.

Foraging needs delicate ingredients that crumble to pick up if not a skilled forager.

Cooking needs unique recipes for active cooks.

Farmer needs an opportunity to grow rare seeds other people can't.

Fishermen need rare fish only true anglers can catch (shark, octopus)
(09-27-2022, 08:07 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Foraging needs delicate ingredients that crumble to pick up if not a skilled forager.

please no, not unless the amount of reagents on the map is substantially increased. there's already so few ky'iah compared to the demand that in multiple days of scouring the entire map's worth of stalls (including on islands!) I couldn't find a single blackout potion for sale. 

if brownshirts could make these even more scarce just by trying to pick them up, the current potion crisis would be even worse

it would be much better if foraging just gave a small chance for double reagent pickups.
(09-27-2022, 10:00 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 08:07 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Foraging needs delicate ingredients that crumble to pick up if not a skilled forager.

please no, not unless the amount of reagents on the map is substantially increased. there's already so few ky'iah compared to the demand that in multiple days of scouring the entire map's worth of stalls (including on islands!) I couldn't find a single blackout potion for sale. 

if brownshirts could make these even more scarce just by trying to pick them up, the current potion crisis would be even worse

it would be much better if foraging just gave a small chance for double reagent pickups.
Double reagent pick ups is weak and scarcity is a good thing for the economy.
(09-27-2022, 08:07 PM)Sanguine415 Wrote: Having considered the issue within adventurer, I realize its obvious. The other professions need equal value to the enhanced coin income.

Add in an ore only an active high level miner can mine.

Foraging needs delicate ingredients that crumble to pick up if not a skilled forager.

Cooking needs unique recipes for active cooks.

Farmer needs an opportunity to grow rare seeds other people can't.

Fishermen need rare fish only true anglers can catch (shark, octopus)

I'd much prefer that foraging was a rewarded, not penalized as this'd be crippling to both ends of the spectrum to new characters and old.
I disagree with giving Foraging any perk bonuses as it doesn't cost energy at all. It's something that could make insane money quick and inflate the economy even more so.

Imagine getting two four leaf clovers instead of one.

If Foraging gets perks, there needs to be a downside for being a low level forager even if minor.

I do agree however Adventurer is kinda strong, myself as a miner am struggling to make money due to ores not selling for a whole lot and not getting the adventure bonus from quests, etc. Feels pretty bad I wont lie.
(09-27-2022, 10:22 PM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: If Foraging gets perks, there needs to be a downside for being a low level forager even if minor.

Again, the trouble with this is that it doesn't simply penalize low-level forager, but everyone else as well, as they deplete resources without any benefit. It's the same problem that ores crumbling brings to the table.

Quote:Sanguine415

Double reagent pick ups is weak and scarcity is a good thing for the economy.

Double reagent pick-ups would be very rewarding for high-level foragers, depending on the rate. Scarcity is only good for the economy to a certain point, as well, and we've clearly passed that point into making an entire previously valued potion completely obsolete due to how few ky'iah spawns there are. 

Perhaps if ky'iah weren't also used for mana amnesias then alchemists would make blackouts and reap the rewards of the massively over-inflated value they likely have by this point, but they barely have enough to keep up with amnesia demand at this point, and it's doubtful most people would be willing to pay market value for blackouts anyways.
Foraging is really hard to level up anyway, so high level foraging would be nice to actually be rewarded.

(I've picked up over 4000 regents prolly and only have 23 foraging...)
(09-27-2022, 10:57 PM)Simonh2000 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 10:22 PM)FireStartingSnake Wrote: If Foraging gets perks, there needs to be a downside for being a low level forager even if minor.

Again, the trouble with this is that it doesn't simply penalize low-level forager, but everyone else as well, as they deplete resources without any benefit. It's the same problem that ores crumbling brings to the table.

Maybe a small timer to pick up foraging items? The higher the level the quicker you harvest the item. This would prevent items from being destroyed and make it more efficient the better you are leveled up. With a downside to being low level I think it would be acceptable to have small perks like a tiny chance to double the amount of material gathered or HQ variants that increase potency of potions, food, etc etc.

That'd be pretty cool.
Topic Options