KaylaWe need to have a talk about Witchery
(09-15-2022, 02:45 AM)chance Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 02:41 AM)Detective100 Wrote: To figure out who might behind the disguise, people tend to focus on the magic affinities and spells the witch uses in disguise. There have been cases where people were stopped in the middle of the road by would be witch hunters demanding them to reveal their magics in order to spot them.

this is extremely powergamey and borderline meta in a world with thousands of magi. it should not be done at all and is considered bad faith play. it's something worth ticketing over

i'm not a fan of your potion idea as having multiple magic builds is ? for obvious reasons. it's just weird / has lore issues. the solution to the above problem is to not tolerate low effort play that pretty much ruins people's experiences & to report it vigilantly so the staff can carry out proper quality control

People certainly do that. I've heard of people having TXT files of disguise with their bar. No joke.

Its part of why I don't even spar on Cherry.
(09-15-2022, 02:47 AM)Kayla Wrote: People certainly do that. I've heard of people having TXT files of disguise with their bar. No joke.

if true, it's best to make a ticket & report it instead of just claiming they do it, with actual evidence. as it may just be hearsay
(09-15-2022, 02:49 AM)chance Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 02:47 AM)Kayla Wrote: People certainly do that. I've heard of people having TXT files of disguise with their bar. No joke.

if true, it's best to make a ticket & report it instead of just claiming they do it, with actual evidence. as it may just be hearsay

To be honest I wasn't even aware it was power gaming/against the rules, but I will do so in the future
(09-15-2022, 02:23 AM)chance Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 02:08 AM)Enginseer-42 Wrote: and the Coven instead ran around fighting people and even quite literally screaming 'I AM A WITCH. BURN ME PLEASE.' at anyone who would listen. 

while i agree with your general point, let's not be so negative. there are many witches playing their role well and fallen ones who also did so (but were caught out, or made a move and lost)

i think the class is a resounding success vs. the organized covens of the past that didn't quite play into the infiltrating society aspect as much

It's not necessarily a negative statement so much as it is a blunt statement of fact. That's near on literally what happened with a couple and they were absolutely doing so deliberately. Their actions had massive impact on the RP of Vdalion with regards to the war and their opinion of both Al'Britu and Delphinia as a whole and you have to give props for someone being willing to sacrifice their character like that.

Likewise, at the end of the day, if you're having fun it really doesn't matter if you're using your mechanical abilities to their 'utmost' as long as you have fun and make a good story for those around you. The Coven didn't necessarily play wrong, so much as they played suboptimally but in a way that was fun and memorable.

But at the same time, when someone complains that their mechanical toolkit is underwhelming when it's the most versatile espionage toolkit in the game and uses the losses as an anchor for that argument it becomes relevant.
just to note, necromancers did not start with any settlement. perdition was risen via the work of several pcs after weeks of hiding in random caves. starting as a necromancer was very hard, it’s true the trickle effect of gathering undeath is like a simplified pyramid scheme, there really is only one out of roughly a dozen necromancers who has risen an army as is noted.. i blame ic.
(09-15-2022, 02:49 AM)chance Wrote:

If needed, I can easily go through the logs to find at least one example of such (I remember the name of the one they approached). It put a personal bad taste in my mouth, since it felt less about roleplaying a proper search and more trying to 'win the game' by finding the one behind the mask quickly.
(09-15-2022, 02:55 AM)voyd Wrote: just to note, necromancers did not start with any settlement. perdition was risen via the work of several pcs after weeks of hiding in random caves. starting as a necromancer was very hard, it’s true the trickle effect of gathering undeath is like a simplified pyramid scheme, there really is only one out of roughly a dozen necromancers who has risen an army as is noted.. i blame ic.

To be VERY clear I wasn't asking for a necro nerf or a witch buff. The ONLY purpose of this post was my confusion as of why witches has 3 different ways to being outed, while necromancy has none.

To me it felt like a bit too much.

That's it. I think necromancy is fine. Its hard to get energy and bodies and etc, that wasn't really the point of my post at all.

I used necromancy as a comparison only because its somewhat similar as an "obviously evil aligned class"

Edit: I also said that it seems like it should be the opposite only because witchery to me feels like the "spy" one, yet you can do everything right, and the person that has your name in their book fucks up, and your name is in it, and then you're instantly outed... That goes a bit against the whole "being stealthy" thing.
(09-15-2022, 03:04 AM)Kayla Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 02:55 AM)voyd Wrote: just to note, necromancers did not start with any settlement. perdition was risen via the work of several pcs after weeks of hiding in random caves. starting as a necromancer was very hard, it’s true the trickle effect of gathering undeath is like a simplified pyramid scheme, there really is only one out of roughly a dozen necromancers who has risen an army as is noted.. i blame ic.

To be VERY clear I wasn't asking for a necro buff or a witch nerf. The ONLY purpose of this post was my confusion as of why witches has 3 different ways to being outed, while necromancy has none.

Thats it. I think necromancy is fine. Its hard to get energy and bodies and etc, that wasn't really the point of my post at all.

Honestly the body thing is probably why. People can instantly delete bodies with a right click. Anyone wanting to take a body anywhere for any reason therefor, is suspicious. The only other way for Necromancers to get points to cover startup costs is to perm people, which isn't exactly an easy or consistent source of points and doesn't exactly help them lay low considering they have to do it twice over the course of a week or else lose their progress.
To be Honest part of the cause of the coven wipe was simply because they were on a bigass tower ppl would camp daily and a lot of them were weak/Not battlecuck verbers and got scammed/danger farmed/turned into dev... Current necromancers settlement has battlecuck verbers to back them off and perm lots of ppl so they are seen as a menace.

Bring them OP demons and let them build nerds play them so that they can be a force to reckon. It would help a lot for real...

p.S: WAIT A FUCKING SECOND IM TYPING BATTLE CHAD WHY IS IT EDITTING TO BATTLECUCK WTF WHO CODES THIS FORUM
reading this thread, i only come to one conclusion

necrochads win over witchels once more, am i right lads?
[Image: TfL47eY.png]
Topic Options
Thread Closed