Method TPoorly Timed Balance Thread!
So, the war fights were fun, it was lopsided but, not necessarily due to imbalance in actual players/builds, barring one or two fringe examples. That being said, it's time to once again voice some balancing ideas that may or may not be good in the long-run! I'll be coupling these as -Legitimate and should be Addressed-, down to -Might need to be looked at-?

Legitimate Balance Concerns

1. Invulnerabilities, barring Mistform and Smog should be updated to be in line with their far superior brethren. As it is, Mistform and Smog have a ludicrous duration, are immune to all forms of CC, and in Smog's case, also does a bit of free damage in an AoE.

Volcanic Barrier is immobile, is not immune to CC/Stuns and thanks to the Mistform/Smog duration increase, now only lasts as long as the average player using Mistform. Shadow Walk is similarly low in duration, and while it gives a fun minor speed boost, it is also vulnerable to CC and stuns. All it needs is one slow/blind/confusion to immediately cripple its speed buff(which is a minor buff, not major), and ruin the invuln. Iron Body is just Volcanic Barrier, except much shittier, much much shittier, give it some love.

2. Blind isn't fun. Fog Bank's blind is excessive and it stacks per hit, add that on top of the skill's oppressive damage when using Scald, it's a Tier 1 AoE. Mist doesn't need to be nerfed until it's ruined, but please reduce the duration of Fog Bank's blind, it is straight up overwhelming.

3. Skeletons are a Monster Race. Skeletons are fun. Skeletons also have Bone Zone, a skill which is remarkably powerful (10Mdam Ice Talons that inflict Mud) on its own, but can also be cast with Ice Talons as well? This is hilarious to view, and big shiny middle finger to anyone who isn't a homing mage. Please make them share cooldowns or something.

4. Public Master skills are imbalanced. Certain skills need to be looked at, due to them being absolutely underwhelming even as regular skills, such as Scorch and Shadow Dive Rush.

Might need to be Looked at? Balance Concerns

1. Poison at first glance appears to be oppressive. Thanks to it having a powerful immunity, a GCDE AoE(I hear this is supposed to be GCD though?)  Edit: It's GCD, still a nice AoE though!,  an impressive Homing, and a pretty decent aura. By itself, it is not -overwhelming-, but it synergizes absurdly well with many other builds. It seems really good, but that's fine, as long as it isn't -too- good.

2. Sound Cacophony has an absurd duration. It does decent damage, it can inflict a confusion, it's just good. That being said, I think it might last a bit too long. Again, personal opinion.

-----
If you have your own Balance Concern, or you disagree or agree with any of my above listings? Go ahead and post! Just try to keep things civil, I know how Heated and/or Toxic balance discussion can be, especially when X just got Dunked by Y because of Z.
Just addendum to your post:

Poison AOE is already GCD. It's no longer GCDE. Tested it right now - the change went through.
All the trees should have usable Masters tbh. It's possible to have access to no masters or very abysmal ones that aren't even worth the cost. (scorch particularly)
(05-10-2021, 12:51 AM)Method T Wrote: 4. Public Master skills are imbalanced. Certain skills need to be looked at, due to them being absolutely underwhelming even as regular skills, such as Scorch and Shadow Dive Rush.

cinderflare is a much worse version of meteor dash..
it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a basic master or two (supreme tackle)
[Image: ban_than.gif]
Topic Options