LindahThe Bold Candidate, Alythia Endore
Quote:The urban Sudbury, for centuries, suffered from an unchecked boom in its population due to foreign migrants. It became a district with a low quality foundation, crumbling infrastructure, a land rife with crime, and recently, terrorism. The people have always been fooled by the promises of fixing roads, decreasing house rents, etcetera. They never tackle the root causes of these pressing issues.

I am Alythia Endore, and I provide an alternative.
  • The roads have not been kept clean and uncracked because of rampant crimes, brawls and terrorist activities which prevent any meaningful reconstruction and reinforcement; parts of the district itself have burned down in flames because of uncontrolled crime sprees. The streets are not just broken, but also without streetlights, as well as being unsafe. Vandalism is at an all time high, as well.
  • Sudbury buildings are, in fact, some of the cheapest in the whole country! They are built with cheap materials to begin with, not to mention small. And yet, many are unable to afford them, many more are homeless. The reason is because the purchasing power of the people are lower than in any other district in the city. When there are too many people, there will be high competition, and hence fewer opportunities for Sudbury residents to escape poverty. Thus, even if they have the lowest rents, they are still burdened by the extra tax due to a lack of savings, and or debt.
  • The sewers of the district are not built well. In rainy days, the already wet muds of the streets may potentially be flooded with overflowing sewage, and to a lesser extent, from the river. But repairs and further constructions will always be unsuccessful if the Syndicate roams down below without consequence.
  • Crimes have been abundant for centuries in the district. But punishing and arresting people will not solve the root cause of this issue, which is the living conditions of the people themselves, forced to resort to theft, and to make deals with evil gangs for coins. The people are left to squabble for what little resources are available due to the high populace numbers, as well. Stationing more guards, many surrounding with controversies and accusations of brutality, is not the right answer.
  • Terrorism against the capital city has increased in scales over the last few years. The Syndicate is the most notorious terrorist group to date which has infiltrated Sudbury and carried out attacks at a constant rate. And there are an unknown number of terrorist sympathisers within the capital itself. Violence in the district is unacceptable.
I may not be from Sudbury, for I am in fact a Messarisian, and I may be both young and a mere woman, but I can understand the plight of Sudbury. I myself had to care for my large family when I was young after the war had orphaned us. And it was difficult working hard to pay off the debt we accumulated for our house, of up to 9,000 coins. I understand, however, that Messaris is a privileged district rich with natural resources and fertile soil. And it is true that our country in general is far better off than our neighbours, but we musn't settle for what we only have now.

I am a farmer, a fair cook, and a merchant. I have sold cheap, 15c jerky to the people of Sudbury, lowering my prices appropriately as I went into the district. Definitely, I will enforce a minimum-maximum price for goods imported from other districts and sold in Sudbury, and build a functional marketplace with cheaper shops, the majority of them allocated to and ownable only by the people of Sudbury. And to get money into the hands of the people, I will fund scholarships for aspiring youths wishing to seek education in the academy in the near future, because education is the true solution to end the cycle. Without it, the people of Sudbury will be unskilled, and any future projects would almost certainly fail.

But nothing can ever get done if criminal activities are not controlled. Knights of the Order of the First Light will have to patrol the sewers and the bridge, border areas whereas the City Watch should enforce the law within the district. The Rhoynish and other minority groups should also be monitored, for the terrorist attacks are often coordinated to happen during times of special events, which hint that there are informants within the capital. I am not interested in granting more rights to the Rhoynish - a Rhoynish Mayor is unthinkable for me at that - because I will put the people of Sudbury first over any foreign migrant and first generations.

Solutions Over Temporary Action!

I'm Alythia Endore and I approve of this message.
Quote:I wake up every morning with nervous laughter, relieved that the criminal scum, Iris Arsali, was revealed to the public to be a member of the Syndicate. A cunning, very manipulative woman she is! Had she not been outed, it would have become a great security threat - the capital itself would have been at risk. To all the supporters of Iris Arsali, who voiced their sympathies and admiration towards this Rhoynish ex-candidate, I hope that you've all changed your minds, and realise that this is no joke.

For as much as you would like to think that the Rhoynish people of Sudbury are mere refugees or migrants to be treated with great care, tolerance and acceptance, the undeniable facts remain the same. The majority of them are sympathetic towards anti-Esshar sentiments, many of them are involved in the uncontrollable crime sprees in Sudbury, or are even spies and informants for terrorist groups such as the Syndicate. And some, I assume, are nice people, but this is a very, very small number. Overwhelmingly, they are terrorists, those who desire to change the political landscape of Esshar through violent means.

Iris Arsali just so happened to try and do it through peaceful means, not by terrorism, but by infiltrating the government itself! And there was no better chance for her to do so than to participate in district elections, and especially in Sudbury, where she could fool people into supporting her. But I, Alythia Endore, could not be fooled.

Despite the rumours and the slanders, I still stand firmly on my ground. No, I do not hate Rhoynish people - I merely want to monitor them for it is necessary more than ever now. For if even Iris Arsali could put out a kind, concerned face, then so too can the others. I want to quicken their integration and assimilation process. Because, I, Alythia Endore, do not believe in actions, but in solutions. Simply throwing criminals into the hands of the knights won't fix the issue of crime in Sudbury. Similarly, torturing the Rhoynish residents won't help to ease them into Esshar.

I am not an extremist, nor am I prejudiced. And to the rumours, I say: No, I do not hate Beastkin. In fact, I have Beastkin friends and siblings! The Syndicate wants to cause chaos, to disunite us, targetting groups of peoples who are marginalised by society in the past and or in the present, spreading rumours like wildfire. That's what they want, and we must not fall for their tactics of sowing dissent.

A vote for Iris Arsali would have been a vote for further destabilisation of Sudbury. Thank the stars this cannot happen.

The Faith, or the church as many in Sudbury would say, has openly endorsed a candidate. I have to say, I was never even on the list, simply because I was busy, and cautious of public appearances naturally. Because as Iris is out of the race, the Syndicate will do all that it can to influence the election through other means. In other news, I'm watching my back in case of any assassination attempts, as I am very vocal; frankly the only candidate willing to touch the Rhoynish question.

The church endorses Erick Falstrik. For he is, of course, a knight, and passed the tests from the church. But what does Righteousness, Justice, and Faith mean to the average person in Sudbury? Vague keywords of which are used to describe a churchgoer and, of course, a knight of the Order of the First Light. In other news, it is gibberish to Sudbury people. The people don't demand a knight who is 'right', who follows the brand of 'justice' of the First Light, and 'Faith' in the stars.

The people want an accountable mayor who can get the job done, who actually plans to tackle the issues by their roots, and holds no bias. And as a note, my life is separate from those of my family, my other Endore siblings. They do not represent me, and they know better than to expect anything from me.

Solutions Over Temporary Action!

I'm Alythia Endore and I approve of this message.
Topic Options