AveeCooking EXP - The Thread
This is a thread for you downtrodden and weary, you tired and poor, you depressed and mildly neurotic.

Enough, my brothers and sisters. Enough I say of 5 hour timers to get a single percentage of food energy. Enough of setting an alarm on your phone to get but one onehundreth of the maximum bonus of you can get. Enough I say of the countless hours thrown down the drain, precious minutes sacrificed to please some hungry reaper. The people are hungry, and they are hungry for change. A change we all believe in a change we all support. The people want cooking EXP, and the people don’t want to suffer the reapers tax. This thread I say, we will cast off our shackles. This thread is our stand. This thread will be our victory over those forces of darkness preventing us from getting our rightful EXP.

1. A revolution. Cooking EXP should be based on variation of cooking, not cooking the same thing over and over. Every 3-5 different dishes you cook, you get 1%-2% bonus energy in cooking.

2. Equality for all. Items that require more ingredients, should give more energy. If I recall correctly this is the general theme, but doesn’t serve true throughout the tree.

3. Fraternity. Cooks have a 1% chance(increasing by 1% chance for every ingredient required) to make a masterwork dish whenever they cook anything. It should have a fancy sprite, restore 2K energy, give a +10 temp vit buff, and last but not least, instantly give you +1 statpoint to spend as you wish.

It is my firm belief my brothers and sisters that this is the solution we all want. This is the solution we all need.

Cast off your chains and post your ideas and/or criticisms in this thread.
Admittedly, I'm somewhat iffy on the +1 statpoint listed here:

(04-08-2020, 04:53 PM)Avee Wrote: 3. Fraternity. Cooks have a 1% chance(increasing by 1% chance for every ingredient required) to make a masterwork dish whenever they cook anything. It should have a fancy sprite, restore 2K energy, give a +10 temp vit buff, and last but not least, instantly give you +1 statpoint to spend as you wish.

But other than that like all of your suggestions.
having to wait 5 hours between each cooking is annoying

actually 500 hours (100 x 5), in best scenario, to achieve 100% cooking which is atrocious. in a game with permadeath and age factoring where most characters either dont live till 30 or go AFK past that, it seems like excessive amount of effort to just receive more energy back from food and get a bit more vitality (since food buffs were also nerfed).

let it be spammable. you cooked something? it contributes to exp. no excuses. you'd have to invest a lot of materials to pull off so much anyway, but at least you won't have to wait.

if people wanna be master chefs, let them go beyond 100% cooking with app or event or maybe some other thing

also different buffs are cute
Cooking too grindy, me sleep.

Make different kinds of food give different buffs if people have high enough cooking skill, spicy ones give small to def against water and pow to fire for example.
i think cooks should go and cook multiple things to master their art truly
also add birthday cakes
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Add a chefs shout so I can get 2x cooking xp
Lower the timer back down to 1 hour if we're going to have a timer. Make different foods have different buffs
My discord is Vi#6600
I support this fully, I'd prefer having an Exp system similar to Farming.

(Oh, and pls separate drinks and foods into having different timers.. It's useless to make any alcoholic beverage atm.)
pls i suffer
[Image: qt6dQlw.png]
make booze do something other than +vit. I want a reason to RP being inebriated 24/7.
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
Topic Options