TheoriAn Announcement of Candidacy
With the death of the last Mayor, and the announcement of elections, first to toss their proverbial hat into the ring publically is Iris Arsali, a Rhoynish resident of Sudbury known most commonly as the organiser of the Summer Festival of 1661. In a speech in the middle of Sudbury, surrounded by a small crowd the woman laid out her candidacy and her reasons for doing so, as well as the causes she'd be championing.

Quote:"Hello, Citizens of Sudbury! The poor, the downtrodden, those who the higher ups prefer not to think about! My name is Iris. I am a Rhoynish woman, and the last free member of the Clan of Arsali. I am also a resident of Sudbury, and have been for the last five years. I have seen the state of this district, the way it is administrated, the way it is treated, and I say no more. No More! The last Mayor was a corrupt fossil made fat on the power he held! Finally, he's gone and died, and there is the chance for new blood. I was not born here. I'll not claim that I've some right by blood to this position, for I'm not even Essharan born. However, I am the Mayor you need.

In my people's culture, there is the belief that those born to power do not innately deserve it. Leaders must prove themselves, or be proved no leader at all. Every High Lord or Lady of Rhoynur ruled on their own merits, and those who did not were quickly deposed. Is this not a fairer system? That those who lead must lead through action, and not birth? I am not an idealist. I am a woman of action. I look at the you, the people of Sudbury, a people now my own as much as my Clan, and I see potential. I see those deserving of opportunity denied them by the circumstances of their birth. I see no reason why these opportunities should not be provided to you.

I am running for mayor for a few reasons. They are as follows:
1. To affect positive change in this district, no matter how hard.
2. To provide the opportunity for success and personal development for as many of Sudbury's residents as  I can.
3. To give back to this community that accepted me when few others would. And finally,
4. Because I am a woman of action, and I do not believe that these goals will be achieved without my drive to do so.

If I am elected as Mayor, I will push for improved infrastructure within the district. Our roads and sanitation must be improved, and I invite the Vandroy company to speak to me on how best to achieve that. As Mayor, I will also push for reduced Order of the First Light presence in the district in favour of the City Watch, as whilst the Order is an organisation full of nobles just looking for an excuse to lord their undeserved power over us, the City Watch is comprised of many Sudbury residents, and represent a fairer, more honest sense of justice. I will also strive to provide more legitimate business opportunities for Sudbury residents, and raise the district out of the poverty that drags it down. I will not speak on crime, as it is my honest belief that when legitimate business is encouraged, and more opportunities provided, crime will decrease as a result.

And finally, I vow here that should I not be able to achieve even one of these goals by the end of my first term, I will not seek re-election, as I will have proved my inability to be the Leader this district needs. I will not linger as a corrupt imposter claiming success yet feasting only on failure.

My name is Iris Arsali, and I hope that when the time comes, you will trust me to strive to break the shackles of poverty. Vote Iris! Vote for Change!" 
This postulation has been deemed hereby invalid by the Crown, the Faith, and Order alike under confirmed suspicion of terrorism.

After the assault on the theatre saw conclussion, Exarch Knight and Captain of the Harrier Brigade, Dame Jeanne Stallard, had this to say.

[Image: 9zxKfTrSjd0suKcWVRZAVtFQgG3vWKDF_6R6EaNe...sxNkgl-NB7]

"Iris Arsali has been revealed to be working with the Syndicate during our squatting. 

I faced off against her myself, while she narrowly escaped capture - her identity and machinations have been revealed to the public.

As such, the crown has decided to deem her candidacy as unlawful.

She is currently under pursuit. Bring all information on her whereabouts to local Knights of the Order.

There is a generous bounty to whomever is interested in abiding law and justice - she is to be brought captive, alive."

[Image: pTmCa0eeeiQ6bBELdIQEMoUy3QBIX-Ng3L24KHVo...ymSTwyDchM]
Topic Options