Dimmie DunceIdle Thoughts
[Image: 2ea92d72dabf684a8e9980c60fa0f960.png]
Quote:They Work, to earn the right to Work

Maven, Filia, Arlo, Gan, Frog. Those that I'd dare to call friends, yet they all stem from an impoverished class, and for the most part I hardly know whom they are- Except for Filia. Would I trust them without question? Would I hesitate to voice my innermost thoughts? Possibly. Gan and Frog have long lost the capability to speak coherently. Arlo is a smug con at heart, I should be wary and yet for the most part I’m not. Maven caters much to her name, ‘The Craven’. Filia is my retainer, my champion and my confidant all in one.

I’ll continue to keep her around for the time being. Still, I cannot help but wonder what exactly has gotten into me as of late. Material wealth used to mean so much, yet here I am caring so little for the coins that fill my coffers, and the potential income I could gain from smaller endeavors. I’ve even turned away potential buyers when it’s come to my card sales due to a lack of inspiration. Or maybe boredom and lethargy.

The nobles and the knights tend to avoid my company. Perhaps it’s due to my peculiarities. Or maybe I’m less like them then I’d believe. So many unnecessarily enraged, annoyed, or empathetic towards the public execution of that Dojo master. Yet they should have cared little to none, the death of potential enemies to the Crown is inevitable and welcomed. True, their relatives may scream vengeance but, in the end, will they do anything? And even if they did, it’d be a speck in a pond.

There is no changing the Monarchy. Many have tried to fell the crown, so why do they think they’re going to fair any differently? A fool’s errand. Yet I find myself curious, what exactly drives these men and women. From Syndicate to Impoverished. There are plenty of methods to pull oneself out of the pit, and more than one noble seems eager to hire or converse with mongrels and mutts. Myself included, why, my faithful retainer is a farmhand from Messaris… And I find myself quite pleased whenever the so-called ‘Sewer Sages’ pay me a visit.

Perhaps they’re tired of working, to earn the right to work more. Maybe they’re unknowingly pawns in the Syndicate’s game to destabilize the empire to allow for a far harsher, and foreign regime to take over. Or maybe it’s neither of those. Someday I hope to pick the brain of one of these people, but not as Melora cos Moralis.

They’d never trust a noble after all.
[Image: a1c5821151379249915fc28ad734e73f.png]
Topic Options