Peep 'Puff' TopiaUnarmed Damage // Iron Fist / Assassin's Fist
The Weapon Damage Thread made me think of this.

[Image: 2MaJ4PM.png]

This is a Mythril Blade. A very difficult to forge, requiring hard materials and high level artificery. It grants 15 power and +20 phys to armed.

Iron Fist gives 25% RPL power.

At RPL 150, which is fairly achievable for all, 25% will return 37.5 Pow on all abilities, magic and melee. This requires nothing but a style slot.

As well, Unarmed abilities are generally 'better' then their armed counterpart as you don't use a weapon. However, it seems as if using a weapon only makes your character worse!

I'm not saying 'justice for armed', I'm more saying 'tone down the POW buff/damage on unarmed'
You're forgetting about exalted enchantments, which boost the power even higher. As well as elemental enchantments which Unarmed users are currently locked out of even getting.

Also, Blade Styles give stats as well as active abilities. If anything you're getting a lot more by going armed, it seems.
Iron Fist actually HAS to give decent power if unarmed + magic (which come on, its a game about Mages) is going to be AT ALL viable, otherwise you get Spires situations where having actual hybrids is a laughable joke. Here for once it's actually possible, purely due to the Pow stat and unarmed auras giving scaling Pow (and even then melee and magic both have a lot more stackable bonuses than unarmed does).
By that same logic, is armed / magic unviable because half their stats are in +phys?

Ultimately, I'm simply saying that Unarmed skills have a power boost to make up for how unarmed is 'weaker', but unarmed is actually not weaker when factored against armed.
Keep in mind your run of the mill Iron Broadsword is like +15 Pow +15 Phys too? So, building a Mythril Sword for just +5 phys feels like a real waste.
(11-28-2019, 05:18 PM)Peep \Puff' Topia Wrote: By that same logic, is armed / magic unviable because half their stats are in +phys?

Just the weapon stats. If you have 200 Power and 20 of that is going directly into your Armed damage, it's not really a big deal.

I think it's hard to say whether or not one is better than the other right now.

I also think melee in general is outright superior than every other option, as someone who's using an armed build. The limited hotbar slots & aggressive damage that also make skillshots very easy to land (waves/whips/beams/whatever) is a nice combination that feels good to use. But it's also way too early to make a call on that, esp while everyone is low RPL.
Boost: +19power +10phys +18 weight +2fire pow +2fire def
[MAGIC GLYPH]
[FIRE RUNE]
[PRISTINE: 5 years remaining]

This is a player crafted iron sword with a normal power enchant and normal fire enchant, and laso pristined.

By default, an Iron sword is +6 power, +10 phys, and +18 weight.

This is an iron sword. I think armed is just fine, personally.
Iron Fist: Combat Style, unable to equip a weapon while active. 25% of RPL added to Power. Physical damage has a 25% chance to inflict a 5s slow, cooldown of 15s.
If at rpl 200, 25% of rpl is 50. So you add 50 power to your already 200 power if anything. which can stack with an aura. For the sake of hard stacking lets say Blue Shroud.
So then that would be 200+50+20 then if lower than 50% health you would gain a 10% attack power boost. 270~297

Now lets do the same for armed.
If at rpl 200 Ifrit style + blue shroud+ weapon. The most common weapon around for rpl 200 players would likely be between nyeshk greatsword or mithril sword. Either way, let's do the math.
200+10+20+25 (Magic rune mithril sword )+20 (Specific for Armed melee power from mithril sword)+ 10% ap after less than 50% hp.
255~280 for all spells\275~302 for melee spells

Just solidifying that armed/unarmed can do just about the same. The only reason to be lower In power to an unarmed player is to not have proper equipment.
I don't think any changes to unarmed should be made until the average rpl increases. Obviously, it's going to be strong during the beginning of the game. When enchants and weapons become more commonly available it's viability will drop. Honestly, the stats unarmed gives isn't an issue at all. If it needed to be changed I'd look at jab. It's just a dash strike on steroids. Blink tp that spawns behind an enemy, avoiding any skill shots and giving you incredible set-up. It doesn't lock you in an animation, you can't counter with a beam, it's just so good.
Topic Options