Karate Kid scares me
Children should have -10% DR per year under 18. Right now we have people who are 170-180 while casualing as 12 years old. The grind to rise up to 200 is pretty damn easy (180 is a joke) and no one really likes watching a 13 years old beat a 29 years old.

If you start at 10, you should have -80% DR.

Not only this would discourage literal children from picking fights with demons/adults/etc. but it would also make it so that people wouldn't be compelled to make as the lowest age possible thinking that they're going to his 120 years old anytime soon.

Bring back proper child DR now that people can be 10 years old.
[Image: nR3lU0X.png][Image: unknown.png]
Vriska Wrote: yeah having an MCU loki icon is pretty cringe huh
Limit niggas to 100 rpl at 10 then raise the cap by 10 until they hit 15 so the max a teenager can get is 150 rpl then after that it's fair game.
fuck them kids
get good cumpy
I support this as long as you gain -10% dr for each year beyond 30. (:
[Image: trio.png]
Kaltiv had the right idea.
Downvotes do not scare me.

This is simple. Children grow. They might become a problem, according to this wild scenario, at the age of 14? And by then it's only four - three years left before they're 18 and 'normal' in the eyes of the community. However, old characters, stay for as long they feel like it. Nothing is stopping them from never stepping out of the spotlight and refusing to accept that they're past their prime and should let, you know... The new generation take over.

Well, there are age nerfs. At age 50, if I recall correctly. I suppose then we might see some of them stepping down.
(06-24-2020, 04:24 AM)Prestige Wrote: Downvotes do not scare me.

This is simple. Children grow. They might become a problem, according to this wild scenario, at the age of 14? And by then it's only four - three years left before they're 18 and 'normal' in the eyes of the community. However, old characters, stay for as long they feel like it. Nothing is stopping them from never stepping out of the spotlight and refusing to accept that they're past their prime and should let, you know... The new generation take over.

Well, there are age nerfs. At age 50, if I recall correctly. I suppose then we might see some of them stepping down.

I do believe less penalties for very young characters reinforces this issue, though.

I'm in complete agreement with the general consensus that there should be a time for characters that have been around for too long to step down, and this is absolutely a far healthier direction for the setting overall.

However, the problem here is not exclusively PCs with old age, as you can make as one of those whenever, and rather, PCs that have existed for an extended period of time. When the consequences of hanging around as a ~10 year old PC are diminished, we stimulate players to go for it and remain in the scene for even longer.

As it stands, making at age 10 does not have repercussions as punitive as it should. We have 40 IC years until we have to start worrying about our lifespan and our capacities dwindling.
(06-24-2020, 04:40 AM)Gab Wrote: When the consequences of hanging around as a ~10 year old PC are diminished, we stimulate players to go for it and remain in the scene for even longer.

As it stands, making at age 10 does not have repercussions as punitive as it should. We have 40 IC years until we have to start worrying about our lifespan and our capacities dwindling.

Not really. I mean, I do see where you're coming from - but you're making the assumption that a 10 y/o is a part of the spotlight as soon as they make. That is not the case. It takes them more time than most to even be taken seriously when it comes to bigger stuff, since... They are kids. From my experience, that's how it's always been.

High ranks, world-matters, etc etc etc. They will always not be taken seriously there until they're at least some age. Usually, 17/18 is when those things start to change.

I don't think we should make it so kids have a huge penalty because, in all honesty, it isn't fun. People want to develop naturally into their older years and act like kids for a couple of years. Punishing them with -80% DR for existing is not fun.

Quote:However, the problem here is not exclusively PCs with old age, as you can make as one of those whenever, and rather, PCs that have existed for an extended period of time.

Yeah, this is true. However, I don't think it's possible to come up with a solution that makes sense ICly and also works from an OOC, game-design point of view to tackle it. Coding that a 40 y/o man suddenly gains age nerfs whereas a newly made 40 y/o man has none would be... Weird.
On a more serious note, why SHOULD a young character have penalties? It's not like they're investing less time in the game. It takes longer to gain AP as a child than an adult, if anything, when a child gets higher RPL, they should be rewarded because they've been putting in effort. There's no reason to lock any characters out of combat by shooting them in the kneecaps with nerfs. New characters breed new, interesting stories.

I can understand that you think it leads to an advantage, but no matter what age you make at, you're just heading to a soft cap eventually anyway. I really don't understand why this subject comes up every couple months like the changing seasons.
Topic Options