BrahmsFrostDM BrahmsFrost
Quote: Wrote:[size=small]Key: TwilightLord
Event Preferences: I enjoy all types of stories. I like lore, character development and enjoying the struggle. Which i probably why I have mixed Dungeons and Dragons with Soulsborne. Thus I like to make events that allow for multiple solutions, but also feel like something out of Dark Souls.
Contact Information: N/A (Until fully pardoned I am not DMing but I can teach others or assist them)

Anything Else: I really like to be as immersive as possible as well as fair as I possibly can be.

I've been getting better and appreciate all those who helped me improved. Such as Jumpy, Potayo and a few more experienced DM's.

Quote: Wrote: Wrote:Key/Character:
Which Event:

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?):
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): 
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?)

Overall:

Any other comments:
[Edit to change the information as well as the key used for dming, which is separate to my character key BrahmsFrost. I love dming and love writing new scripts as well! So let me know if you have a plot or arc you want to do!]
Key/CharacterBig Grinemon4626/ Uri Sanctum
Which Event: The Grand Hunt of Los'tal

Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): Quick on the response. Seen that you caught onto details from each player and summed it down to the most important matters rather than focus on any potential filler!
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): The traps and going up to the final battle were balanced. Sure we had some ticks here and there at the final fight but, it was never meant to be easy! Balance was done great.
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?): The story was deep, and also funny from those who came along. It took you away from the usual few scenes then a battle right after. We had a chance to bond with new characters and negotiate our way through certain advantages and take major losses due to those failures to communicate ICly. And finally, the big ending, was rewarding but also sad to see a poor creature just fighting against its wills. I'd say its like playing Dark Souls almost. 
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?) The Risk matched the reward and so did the punishments.

Overall: I had a lot of fun with this. I knew how long it'd take and was ready to spend a little 'Overtime' at work to see it through lol. The story, again, was deep and felt like a big journey in itself. Actually inspired me to ask for a background event but I won't XD there are so many others doing great things.  I appreciate the time you put into this at such short notice! You did a great job with this! -Captain Uri.

Any other comments: If Hunger Games+Dark Souls was a person. ---> This Event 

[Image: 2a024db81ab4805a102c328945eee1bf.png]
[Image: 4d082f08ab5469bb88b36739a3025a92.png] [Image: 9d2621a7e25eb7454f3e987fd7d940b6.png]
Everyone Steal A Horse! They Can't Stop All of Us!
Key/Character: Kole Tsuyoi
Which Event: The Grand Hunt of Los'tal

Responsiveness: Pretyping some RPs is never a bad thing to do before an event, and when the time comes to posting it, just make some quick adjustments during the scenes. Especially with the long story based RPs, it's always good to have that at the ready so you don't have your players just sitting idly by waiting 10 minutes for a single story driven rp. Sure, make little rps here and there off the top of your head based on the players rp, though, when it gets to something juicy, that's the kind of stuff you want pretyped. Though, Brahms did do a good job at trying to make sense of what was around him, his coordination at going back and forth between players was decent, though, they could work a bit more on including more of everyone's rp in their narration except one particular person. 

Storytelling: It had a lot of quaky and comedic moments within it. Sure there were times when the players made a joke out of a serious situation, but how else were we supposed to get out of there without actually fighting? It showed us to be creative with our RPs, and to use every bit of the environment around us to our advantage. As far as the major storytelling goes, it reminded me a lot of a Dark Fantasy Novel, And, a bit of Dark souls as far as the pacing and the narration. All in all, Brahms is really creative, and I look forward to seeing more from them later down the line.

Fairness: It was a risk match reward thing, we weren't really going after something big besides the egg, so the risk for that was understandable, as for the others? It was fair.

Overall: It honestly was one the most unique events I have ever been on. The amount of sheer dedication that was put in? Was interesting, and really something to keep watching out for as Brahms DMng continues in the future. I had a lot of fun, and my friends did too, hopefully next time I'll see something new as far as narration and such goes, overall, very creative. 

Other Comments: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRAHMS!
[Image: 32e9e57d831a800c439584fbc1c1e2af.png]
Aw shucks! You all making me blush... STAHP!

And yes Soulsborne is a great influence but so is Dungeons and Dragons (plus the other multiple table tops)
Key/Character: Potayo/ Zefa Forger 
Which Event: Where the fairy tale begun.
-
Responsiveness (Were their narrations posted within a reasonable time-frame and were they quick to respond?): I will be honest, the response were slow, but it provided an immersive experience regardless. 10/10
-
Balance (How entertaining were the battles, and any obstacles/traps?): Regarding that, I will be honest, it's a struggle to almost every DMs.  I will not put the shame on you because it would be llazy and harsh for no reasons, but you definetly could have done better. YOU HAVE DONE WELL, but it could have been better. Do not ask everyone their stats straight up when the event begins. When someone walks in an event, most will expect it to be engaging from the beginning and not wait a 45 minutes standing in front of the DM until he finishes balancing things. You are a new DM, it's fine, but take this as a tip for your next event. 
-
Regardless of that, for a CoI, you did great! The fights felt well balanced and it was very interesting. 
I'll give you a 9/10 regarding that, because while you did well... You have made us wait for the balancing at the beginning and it was not very immersive.
-
TIP:  Make a group chat, ask everyone's rpl before the event begins. It will avoid that.
-
-
Storytelling (Did it feel like an adventure, did the content of the narrations meet your expectations?):  I will be VERY honest with you, Braham. I have not expected that from you, i was speaking with some of my friends in a VC how much i was impressed. It was immersive and well built toward all of our development. The story felt alive and alll the things the narrations felt like being driven within another world. It was heavily interacted and you have overcomed each of our post. It was slow, but immersive. You saw that igave you ten of of then in responsiveness, that's why. Every narration took some time to come, but it was very alive, engaging and immersive.
-
I'll say very honestly, Braham. For someone who has a PTSD and with some other mental health issues. You really did a fucking good job and I was impressed. Between some casual mistakes any beginner DM would do, each post came to supress those mistakes.
10/10, it was unexpectedly fire.
-
Fairness (Were the punishments justified and earned, was the risk to reward ratio good?): Even if we had to cut it due to some unfortunate events, the rewards you gave were fair for an engaging storytelling and fair boss fights for a CoI. 10/10
-
-
Overall: 9/10 amongst all the beginner DM struggles, you did a really good job. It was obvious to me that you have worked hard on that.
-
Any other comments: I am sorry we had to cut this out due to some unfortunate events, but believe me. I think you are doing way better then I have expected and i can tell you can become a really good DM with some improvements. I'm writing up a review because I feel like it's worth it and due your recent struggles, I feel like you need some pushing put a smile again on your face.
[Image: myrin.jpg]
Topic Options