FlicheAbout coffee beans (repost in lore)
I repost this in the lore thread...since the original post was in the suggestion thread.
*********************************************************************************************
First at all, as a french, i'm telling you sorry if my english is not perfect.

Everything started with my new character, for short, it's a barista, coffee lover and maker. I do a lot of coffee making rp and i search on internet what kind of coffee beans exist irl and i discovered something. There is (mostly) 4 kind of coffee beans on the market with two easy to get and two other rarer.

So i came here with the idea to link the 4 nation with one kind of coffee beans, allowing to do some trade rp for example.

I will now list the 4 kind of coffee beans :

-Lighter beans/light beans/sweet beans/east beens (irl name : arabica). These beans will be produced at Osrona (and perhap in the Moxtl tribes), a place far from the sea level, with good temperature. They have a soft, sweeter taste than any other coffee beans type and are easy to produce and buy.

-Darker beans/dark beans/west beans (irl name : Robusta). These beans should be produced at Achyon, since they have a lot of caféine making them better to drink but also resistant to disease. (and the flavor will be a perfect flavor for the city of metal). They are also easy to trade or buy if you can enter in the city.

-Wood beans/south beans (irl name : Liberica). These beans will be much rarer than the two other i already spoke about. These beans will only be produced in the Moxtli (irl they are rarer since the USA destroyed the philipines trade of Liberica by closing border...and people tasting these beans tell that, the coffee have a 'woody' taste...perfect in the context of the tribes.

-Dracanic beans/fruity beans/snow beans (irl name : Excelsa). These beans will be the rarer of all. They will be produced in little quantity by the Dracanic for the caféine and the taste of it (or other reason ?) They can only be produced in medium-hight altidude irl and let's say that, in game, it can only grow in snow or cold environnement. They combine light roast traits like tart notes and fruity flavors with flavors that are more reminiscent of dark roasts...a special kind of beens.

This lore can be useful for the trader or the merchant rp and i find it interesting. (also, it's not the nations that made the beans, but they imported or the plant was already on their ground).

Some links if you are interested :
https://districtroasters.com/blogs/news/...ica%20var.

https://coffee-channel.com/different-typ...fee-beans/
Topic Options