Holy Equivalent to Soul Drain
(03-16-2020, 05:24 AM)Oyster. Wrote: by the way soul drain is garbage

soul drain is 10 damage with 5s of rot & slow. you're likely thinking of the old version
kool will update
dunno judgement cannon.

Shadow and Light can be accessed by Illusion and Cosmic respectively so they don't really have to be the same as they're not bound to occult and holy. they're both /really/ good in their own ways anyway.
I wouldn't mind seeing smite make a return as soul drain's holy counterpart.

Having it reduce AP by a percent and apply a slow sounds pretty different.
I hate to say it but I'd be more interested in seeing trees other than Holy/Occult getting focus.

On topic...

Why not just put in of the old barrier tree spells down as a holy intermediate? Like the one that locked your foe close to you.
(03-17-2020, 05:31 PM)CurledSpiral Wrote: I hate to say it but I'd be more interested in seeing trees other than Holy/Occult getting focus.

On topic...

Why not just put in of the old barrier tree spells down as a holy intermediate? Like the one that locked your foe close to you.

You are right, some other trees do need love. I do think, however, that holy and occult will always be more popular than most other trees, so I do think they should be worked on.

I like the idea of barriers being an alternative as it serves a similar purpose. I don't know if they were any good in Spires, though.
Barrier exists as a Master Hidden. The tier of it shouldn't be changed just to match Soul Drain. Adding a similar spell to Holy like the one Chance mentioned seems nice, but I don't think it's so necessary. Both Holy and Occult are trees that in their current state, could be left alone, and they'd still see a lot of use because they're pretty great. Where Holy lacks a Soul Drain, Occult lacks a second shield - they're not 100% equal and they don't need to be.
[Image: trio.png]
Agreed.
(03-17-2020, 06:31 PM)Prestige Wrote: Barrier exists as a Master Hidden. The tier of it shouldn't be changed just to match Soul Drain. Adding a similar spell to Holy like the one Chance mentioned seems nice, but I don't think it's so necessary. Both Holy and Occult are trees that in their current state, could be left alone, and they'd still see a lot of use because they're pretty great. Where Holy lacks a Soul Drain, Occult lacks a second shield - they're not 100% equal and they don't need to be.

This also makes sense because Holy is more "protection" based, while Occult is more "give into your emotions and fuck shit up." Holy having a second shield, and occult having soul drain plays into their theme a bit.
Not against it post nerf if there is a smite thing added :eyes:
Topic Options