R3N3GAD3Nerf stacking AP/DR (With specifics)
I made a suggestion within one of Mali's posts about stacking AP, and diminishing returns when stacking. I would suggest we do this for DR as well, considering Stacking DR is almost just as much a problem.

When stacking AP/DR buffs, I suggest we create stacking diminish. Perhaps, leave auras/stances out of the equation, since if you already had an aura/stance that gives AP, a buff would basically do nothing. However, when one tries to stack things like Invigorate, Corruption AoE buff, and any other AP buffs, with each additional AP technique stacked, the buff should diminish by half. The presence of auras/stances that boost AP, should still be accounted for, though.

For example, if this was patched in, if someone had the energy aura below half HP, and a hidden stance of some sort that gives 10% AP, they would still have somewhere around +20%-25% AP, however if they tried to stack invigorate on top of that, they would only get half the AP, being 5%-7%, I think. That would bring them to about 25 to 30% AP, probably being some of the highest achievable AP in that patch, being that if they tried to stack any other AP buffs on, the boost would be diminished by half -again-.

As another example, someone does -not- have an AP boosting aura, and uses invigorate, giving them the full 10%-15% AP, forgot which it was. However, they try to stack corruption or some other AP buff with it, they would only get half the AP, bringing them up to about 15%-20%, stacking another buff which gives 10% on top of the other two, would half the boost again, bringing it down to quarter of the AP, bringing them only up to about 17.5%-22.5% AP

There's my thoughts, if people try to stack AP/DR, make diminishing returns that diminish buffs the more you stack them.

Review: Make diminishing returns a thing, exclude auras and stances from diminishing, however make for diminishing returns when even using first buff for those who have AP auras/stances. AP/DR will become much less a factor, and combat will be based more on skill.

Statement: I would say code and patch this in before Mali makes his threatened ultimate AP Cosmic build.
Topic Options