Detective100Lets talk about light (again)
No one seems to raise it yet, so I'll say it first and see where the rocks fall.

First off? There seems to be some bias towards light, intentional or not. To elaborate on what I mean, a comparison I can make is this:

-Phantom Strike cooldown increased from 25s to 30s (Armed)
- Assault cooldown increased from 25s to 30s (Unarmed)
- Lightspeed's cooldown decreased from 20s to 15s (Light)

This is the bias I am referring to: Phantom strike and assault got nerfed since they are undodgable attacks that block, yet lightspeed on the other hand gets buffed.
A counter argument I expect to get, is that lightspeed requires another move to be used on time after the teleport. This, however, isn't a valid enough reasoning in my eyes, due to how easy it is to combo a move right after the teleport.

Atributes in the lightspeed user's favor:
-The move is GCDE, which means he can press the button for the next move as quick as he wants.

- The user teleports to the back of the enemy, giving him an advantage of requiring just one click to land a hit VS the opponent needing to press two buttons to try and retaliate before hand: One to turn, one to use a skill. Moves with stepcast by the enemy can be a disatvantage too, as the step cast itself spends precious time for a retaliation before an attack happens.

-The user can decide when he teleports, allowing him to be at the ready while the oppenent has to somehow rely on predicting a very narrow time window. Teleport is instant after all.

To conclude, as I claimed once before, lightspeed is among the safest, if not the most safe gap closer in the game.

"It has no damage"
This argument isn't valid enough, in my opinion. Sure, it doesn't deal damage by itself, but it is damage enabler.
Many moves you want can be used with lightspeed with a high if not gurranteed chance of hitting the opponent: Shockwave (17 damage, 16 damage, can be used twice in 32 seconds for 34 damage per 32 seconds) many of the armed/unarmed moves, and I am certain there are other moves that can combo along with it nicely (shadow claw for example, which turns the combo into another eviscerate on a 15 sec cooldown)

I should point out that unlike phantom/assault, most of those moves are one hit and done, so it is harder to counter compared to the latter two, where you can possibly hit the user with a well timed attack in retaliation.
Now, I am bringing up light as a whole here, less because I am going to compare the other skills directly, but to the point that all in all: Lightspeed isn't meant to be a hidden, but is part of an already decent magic tree.

An insta-beam that deals high damage, and homing light balls that can be used without needing to aim them. 

Light is already strong, a 15 sec instant teleport with even more range than assault/phantom strike doesn't sound right, especially when the latter two getting nerfed for similiar reasons.
Topic Options