DreamspeakerScenelock Rules
Disclaimer: This isn't a salt thread, but rather clarification on rules that I feel is needed.

Could we get clarification on where you can scenelock and where you cannot?

Personally I'm all for having public scenes (city entrances, city/ town parts, etc) places where you cannot scenelock - however, I kept receiving different feedback, one that states it's sometimes scenelocked, the other times it's not.

I feel like it can result in certain situations looking unfair & it can result in a lot of miscommunication, as well as having to tug at admins practically every single time; though unfortunately, admins aren't readily available for every single scene - understandably so, because they're players too and have their own roleplay, IRL stuff, etc.

I think it'd be better off if game rules thread included clarification which locations cannot have scenelocks happen to them, for clarity sake & avoiding anyone feeling as if they were given unfair hand.
people may scenelock a dangerous scene but allow for rps if a cap roll is succeeded

if people feel the scene is getting too cluttered, they can request a scenelock

if its a 150(A) rpl v 150(B) rpl scenelock and two 220's roll up on 150(B)'s side, 150(A) can request a lock

at least, that's how ive been portraying things
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
(02-11-2020, 06:05 AM)Iceshadow Wrote: people may scenelock a dangerous scene but allow for rps if a cap roll is succeeded

if people feel the scene is getting too cluttered, they can request a scenelock

if its a 150(A) rpl v 150(B) rpl scenelock and two 220's roll up on 150(B)'s side, 150(A) can request a lock

at least, that's how ive been portraying things

That's not the issue.

The issue is locations. I'm aware how scenelocks work otherwise - but apparently not all locations allow that, even though that's not in the rules & there is different feedback each time.
oh, if you stroll in osrona as a baddie and scenelock the park, i might just say fuck you and rp anyways

if that's what youre trying to say
[Image: sRw0SQI.png][Image: unknown.png]
We were a bit west of the park okay? We just moved to that open spot by the park for fight because it had the most open space... sweats.

Also I wanted to give low RPLS some conflict and dev. :Sweat:
My discord is Vi#6600
hostilities take time to rp out and be concise. im for scenelocking the moment that hostilities are declared, anywhere, at any time it would happen.

I don't care if queen petrakris is 30 tiles west, if she aint on my screen at the time of hostilities are declared then she aint in the scene.
(02-11-2020, 02:03 PM)Hated Wrote: hostilities take time to rp out and be concise. im for scenelocking the moment that hostilities are declared, anywhere, at any time it would happen.

I don't care if queen petrakris is 30 tiles west, if she aint on my screen at the time of hostilities are declared then she aint in the scene.
This tbh. With yesterday's scene it was a demon that was higher rpl attacking in enemy territory. The cap roll wouldnt have been high at all and I really doubt they wouldve killed if they did. Just let the fuckers get some dev without dragging the scene out and involving the entire population of the game.
I'll say this: In my opinion, it is kind of silly to fight inside a city, and expect the scene to be locked as people come to investigate. It is a public area that is commonly filled with people afterall, so word is bound to travel fast.

That said, I can understand how areas right outside of cities/villages is a more grey area (such as city entrances), and would require a more definite and clear rulling about it.
The demon(me) was around 170 rpl at the start of this scene. I went to give babies dev. At worst I woulda kidnapped someone to try and corrupt them.
My discord is Vi#6600
(02-11-2020, 08:11 PM)Volatile Wrote: The demon(me) was around 170 rpl at the start of this scene. I went to give babies dev. At worst I woulda kidnapped someone to try and corrupt them.

Oh, this isn't me talking about a specific scene, if that is what worries you. I am talking in general here. Either way, the rules need to be more clear for the future. No one wants to get an answer he doesn't like, only for someone else later on to get the exact answer he wanted for his case.
Topic Options